1085 users online (224 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up TX - Muppet Police Sketch Mocked by Internet Leads to Arrest

'Muppet Police Sketch' Mocked by Internet Leads to Arrest. Who's Laughing Now?

"A police sketch that was publicly mocked for its resemblance to a Muppet actually helped nab a suspect earlier this week in Texas.

The drawing of the man was based on the description given to a forensic artist by two unidentified victims: a 77-year-old woman and her 57-year-old daughter, who were robbed at knifepoint in broad daylight."

I bet Rundles chuckled when he saw the composite sketch. Doesn't look like he is is laughing anymore. My one concern is that his attorney will say that the victims didn't get a good look at him based on the sketch. It looks like a five year old drew the thing, but thank goodness he was caught.

Georgia -- Redneck Country
    LOL...looks like the Lamar County PD hired the elderly lady that "restored" the classic Ecco Homo painting in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    LOL...looks like the Lamar County PD hired the elderly lady that "restored" the classic Ecco Homo painting in Italy.

It certainly looks as if police sketch artist was inspired by the Jesus painting done by the elderly lady.
    Just my opinion

Police sketches can be so vague but it is amazing how many are recognisable to folks who personally know the perp.

Every time I watch TV investigations with fits, I think, it doesn't look anything like him! Then someone recognises it!
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.