Body of White Female found in Lake Arthur - 31 January 2014

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I decided to isolate this topic since we don't know if the woman's death is related to the Jennings murders. I have a feeling it will turn out to be an eerie coincidence, and this way we avoid confusion down the road.

Body Found in Jeff Davis Parish
by Amanda McElfresh The Adertiser
Feb. 1, 2014

LAKE ARTHUR — Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found in a ditch across from the Lake Arthur water tower Friday afternoon.
Few details were available late Friday. Lake Arthur Police Chief Cheryl Vincent said the body of the white female was discovered around 3 p.m. “A lady was walking the levee right there, which is called the ‘tracks,’ and thought they had seen a dead body in the little ditch area right there,” Vincent said. “They had a body in the water, laying face down.”
~~~~~~~~~~~

The most recent discovery came just off of a triangular area of land at the intersection of West Sixth and Commercial streets in Lake Arthur.
Body found in Lake Arthur, authorities continuing investigation
Posted: Jan 31, 2014 4:45 PM CST Updated: Jan 31, 2014 10:22 PM CST
Posted By Michael Cooper By Darrell Willis

This time we can't release any names, we do know the identity of the female, but until we can contact the family we can't give any information on that."
Woman's Body Found in Lake Arthur
by Alex Labat KATC
Posted: Jan 31, 2014 10:28 PM Updated: Jan 31, 2014 10:47 PM

When asked if this could be tied to any other cases in the area, both Lake Arthur Chief of Police Cheryl Vincent and Jeff Davis Sheriff Ivy Woods say, "Not at this time". So far authorities can't even say if foul play is involved, because they're waiting on results from the coroner's office.

The Advertiser Photo Gallery

http://www.kplctv.com/story/24604490/body-found-in-lake-arthur-authorities-on-scene

Attachments

• 24604490_BG1.jpg
    24604490_BG1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 24
The body that was found in Lake Arthur on Friday, January 31st has been identified at Lacie Fontenot, 27 of Lake Arthur by the Lake Arthur Police Department.

Neighbors say they are still in shock that something like this could happen in their neighborhood.

The Lake Arthur Police Department is continuing it's investigation along with The Jeff Davis Sheriff's office.

KPLC will report more details as they become available.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=24609114

Body found in Lake Arthur identified
February 3, 2014 3:11 p.m.

Investigators say she hadn't been seen for four or five days prior to the discovery. Although there were no apparent signs of trauma, the case is considered "suspicious."
No ruling yet on death of Lacie Fontenot
Posted: Feb 03, 2014 11:33 AM CST Updated: Feb 03, 2014 3:59 PM CST
Posted By Michael Coope

Jeff Davis Parish Coroner Charles Deese told KPLC they have not made a ruling, and they don't have the preliminary findings yet.

Why is this in the serial killers forum? Just curious.

jjve.jpg

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness/mikeperlstein/Jennings-8-242812251.html

“It don’t appear to be associated with previous murders,” Woods said.
Vincent said authorities were not yet available to release a cause of death.
The unsolved murders of eight Jennings-area women occurred between May 2005 and August 2009. In 2009, authorities held a press conference in which they announced they believed the deaths were the work of a “common offender.” A multi-agency task force has been pursuing the cases for several years, but there has been no substantial new information released about the cases within the past three years

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Body-found-in-Jeff-Davis-Parish-243030961.html

Her COD : drowning ,as a result of hypothermia.
Where she was found the ditch had afoot of water in it. She struggled with substance abuse and criminal history. Just as the other girls of Jeff Davis Parish.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have always thought they rushed to say it wasn't connected.

I have always thought they rushed to say it wasn't connected.

Pretty upset that there was no mention of Lacie as being a possible ninth victim in the ID special. She was mentioned in Ethan Brown’s book, thank goodness. I find her death too suspicious not to have been counted. It is possible that since she was found in Lake Arther, and not out in the country, it didn’t strike them as being similar.

because Lake Arthur is the city where many of the JD8 victims came from. It is the tiny town adjacent to Jennings and the victim fits the MO for the JD8 killer.
Lake Arthur is 7 miles south of Jennings.
Jennings is considered "the city" where residents of Lake Arthur go to shop at the walmart and eat at the Shoney's.

Also, Lake Arthur doesn't exactly look like suburbia, it's preeeetty rural. My hubs was born and raised there.

Murder on the Bayou is included on Amazon Prime, until January 11.

Schedule yourself to watch the 5 grim episodes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back