adorei

Reaction score
baker_jolee.jpg

Information at the time of disappearance

Missing Since: August 6, 1995 from Wichita Falls, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 19, 1969
Height and Weight: 5'5, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Baker has a heart-shaped tattoo with the name "Tony" imprinted near the design on her abdomen. She may use the names Jo Baker, Jeler Baker and/or Jamie Merayo.
Medical Conditions: Baker is classified as disabled.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8362/0/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_jolee.html

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1350dftx.html

I would be very curious to know what type of disability Ms. Baker has (physical or something else). That might give some insight into the possible means and motives for her disappearance.

I found an online listing for a Jolee Lynn Baker, currently 49 years old, living in Elmhurst, IL, with a former residence in Odessa, TX (about 300 mi from where the MP was last seen). Does anyone know the MP's middle name (or whether she even has one)?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jolee Baker – The Charley Project

Jolee Baker

• jolee_baker_1.jpg
Baker, circa 1995

• Missing Since08/06/1995
  • Missing FromWichita Falls, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/19/1969 (50)
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight5'5, 100 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsBaker is classified as disabled.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Baker has a heart-shaped tattoo with the name "Tony" imprinted near the design on her abdomen. She may use the names Jo Baker, Jeler Baker and/or Jamie Merayo.
Details of Disappearance
Baker was last seen in Wichita Falls, Texas on August 6, 1995. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in Baker's case.

I’m going to bump a thread of an individual who disappeared from a town I’m familiar with, and live close to. I have not heard about this MP until today when I was randomly looking up missing peoples in TX, and came across Jolee.
-
@NJEverCurious - I saw the Jolee you’re referring to, and not sure if that’s her. I found a profile that gives Jolee’s addresses as only in Wichita Falls, TX (where she was last seen), and a couple other places in OK. The same site also lists her ‘current address’ at a home in WF, but that could possibly be family(?).
-
I’m shocked there is so little information, and it took me a few hours to even figure out that she was married at one point. This is where her alias of ‘Merayo’ comes into account, I believe.

Like I mentioned above, there is minimal information that it’s hard to sift. However, if I’m on the right track, her (ex-?) husband has had some very strange arrests — including tampering with government evidence and/or records. Granted, this was in the last 10 years (Jolee went missing in 95’), and happened in different counties than Wichita, so probably unrelated. He also may have been in prison during Jolee’s disappearance. He’s currently in prison <1 hour from Wichita Falls.

This is a really tragic case. Hopefully some other posters can help connect some dots — or correct ones that I’ve possibly pointed out.

Crime of the Week: Crime Stoppers needs your help in solving a missing person cold case

Crime Stoppers needs your help in solving a missing person cold case.

On November 25, 1995, Jolee Lynn Baker was reported missing to the Wichita Falls Police Department.

The police have very little information about this case and could use your help.
---
You never have to give your name, and if your information leads to the arrest and board approval, you could earn up to $1,000.00.

Crime of the Week: Crime Stoppers needs your help in solving a missing person cold case | Texomashomepage.com

I would be very curious to know what type of disability Ms. Baker has (physical or something else). That might give some insight into the possible means and motives for her disappearance.

I found an online listing for a Jolee Lynn Baker, currently 49 years old, living in Elmhurst, IL, with a former residence in Odessa, TX (about 300 mi from where the MP was last seen). Does anyone know the MP's middle name (or whether she even has one)?

Lynn

Bump for Jolee

She has a heart-shaped tattoo with the name "Tony" on her abdomen

5 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1691353499485.jpeg

Nothing new, just a bump..
Dec 31 2023
1704032298192.png
''Jolee Baker was 25 years old when she was last seen alive late on Aug. 6, 1995. Very little is known about the woman or the circumstances of her disappearance.

She was 5 feet, 5 inches and 100 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. Baker was disabled and had a heart-shaped tattoo with the word “Tony” on her abdomen.

She had been jailed for minor offenses in Wichita County and may have lived for a while in Odessa and Ector County.''

Nothing new, just a bump..
Dec 31 2023
View attachment 471184
''Jolee Baker was 25 years old when she was last seen alive late on Aug. 6, 1995. Very little is known about the woman or the circumstances of her disappearance.

She was 5 feet, 5 inches and 100 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. Baker was disabled and had a heart-shaped tattoo with the word “Tony” on her abdomen.

She had been jailed for minor offenses in Wichita County and may have lived for a while in Odessa and Ector County.''
Yes there are several people who have been reported missing from the Wichita Falls, TX area.
There's been no updates or progress on their missing persons cases released by the local WFPD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back