1300 users online (246 members and 1054 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188

    IL - Identity Theft Horror!

    http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=49568

    For nine years, Richard and Joanne Marraccini have been plagued by a vicious identity thief who’s turned their personal information into a harassment campaign — falsely labeling them as white supremacists, mailing their credit data out at random and inviting prisoners to write them.

    But the relentless barrage reached a new level last week when a man crossed the country to their front door in Schaumburg for a sexual liaison with Joanne he believed had been arranged on an Internet chat site.

    ..........
    Richard Marraccini has been identified in counterfeit fliers as a member of white supremacist Matt Hale’s World Church of the Creator, leading to his being questioned in the investigation of the Lefkow family murders in Chicago.

    The couple has received inquiries about their ability to supply bestiality photos as well as sexually graphic letters from prisoners.

    But through it all, there’s been no evidence for police to pin the disturbances on any individual.
    ........
    Ciccola said the problems the Marraccinis are facing couldn’t happen to a nicer couple.

    Richard and Joanne are 56-year-old childhood sweethearts who met in Catholic school. They said they’ve never swayed from the doctrine of tolerance and a belief in the ability of people of all races and religions to live together harmoniously.
    .........
    One thing they know for sure is their antagonist is unrelenting in pursuing them.

    The day after Joanne visited a day spa on a whim in late March, the spa received a call from a man saying he’d been involved in an accident she witnessed, but that he’d lost the phone number she gave him.

    Luckily, the spa staff had the foresight to call Joanne before giving out her home number — the one thing the Marraccinis believe their enemy doesn’t have right now. But the fact that someone knew where she was the day before led her to believe close tabs are being kept on her and her husband.

    .........

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207
    so this is obviously personal.

    I really hope that they think about changing their names and their habits.
    this person, whoever is doing this, could be Very dangerous and deranged enough to hurt or kill them

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    so this is obviously personal.

    I really hope that they think about changing their names and their habits.
    this person, whoever is doing this, could be Very dangerous and deranged enough to hurt or kill them
    I am so puzzled why the police haven't managed to solve this. How hard would it be to get a warrant to discover the IP address of the person posting on the internet as this couple on numerous bulletin boards? Then it's just a hop-skip-&-jump to arresting this person.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    I am so puzzled why the police haven't managed to solve this. How hard would it be to get a warrant to discover the IP address of the person posting on the internet as this couple on numerous bulletin boards? Then it's just a hop-skip-&-jump to arresting this person.
    I agree!!!
    I wish I knew What boards they were posting on.
    We could then contact the owners of the websites and ask Them to tell us what the IP address was.. then we could contact the ISP and so on..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    DO a search using the couples names..

    Sometimes that will bring up forums mentioning them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207
    hmmm...
    He should really contact his old employer and ask them to remove the picture they have of him on their website, since he no longer works there.. right?
    I believe that is what it said in the news article.

    I also found something about Lew and Patricia D'souza in regards of some kind of hearing for what looks like environmental stuff. someone else take a look at it here:

    http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/Archive/...er_No._499.pdf

    And when I typed her name in I got two google hits that looked interesting, but when I clicked on them there was no content.

    One of them mentioned a large sum of money.

    hmmm

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    hmmm...
    He should really contact his old employer and ask them to remove the picture they have of him on their website, since he no longer works there.. right?
    I believe that is what it said in the news article.

    I also found something about Lew and Patricia D'souza in regards of some kind of hearing for what looks like environmental stuff. someone else take a look at it here:

    http://www.ipcb.state.il.us/Archive/...er_No._499.pdf

    And when I typed her name in I got two google hits that looked interesting, but when I clicked on them there was no content.

    One of them mentioned a large sum of money.

    hmmm
    I found those too, the large sum of money one didn't even have a cache, but surely the police know about this.

    The year on the air conditioner issue coincides with when the harassment began.

    Googling his name does bring up a bunch of wacko racist garbage on message boards. Nine years is an awfully long time to be harassed like this.

    I know this type of behavior isn't rational. My father was harassed by a guy he never even met. My dad's girlfriend had broken up with this dude and within a few months started dating my dad. My dad and this lady dated less than a year, but my father was subjected to over 5 years of psycho nonsense. Thank goodness it was pre-internet days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    What a freaky story!

    Here's another article.

    http://archives.pioneerlocal.com/cgi...05-536457.html

    "The Marraccinis suspect that a former neighbor in Elk Grove is behind the harassment, which began in 1996 following a dispute over an air conditioning unit in the Marraccinis' yard. But police in Elk Grove and Schaumburg haven't been able to prove that the former neighbor is the culprit.

    The couple moved from Elk Grove to Schaumburg when living next door to this neighbor became intolerable."

    I'm guessing the other thing, "552 Delmar Court, Richard A.
    and Joanne Marraccini to Chavdar K. Ivanov, $305,000" is from the real estate notices section of the paper, when they bought their new house.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    Here's another interesting item.
    "USER NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES OF EITHER THE MALICIOUS HACKERS OR THEIR FRIENDS

    Below are e-mail addresses which were found on compromised computer
    systems. This information was obtained in files and in different
    in/out/trash boxes of different e-mail software applications."
    http://www.computersecurityadvisor.c...R-FRIENDS.html
    Their suspect's name is listed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    T-Rex you are a super-sleuther ... great job digging up that info. I feel so bad for these people. All over a flippin' air conditioner over 9 years ago ... sheesh ... the people harassing them just so need to get a life.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    names of the suspected stalkers ...

    MR. LEW D’SOUZA and MRS. PATRICIA D’SOUZA v. MR. RICHARD MARRACCINI and MRS. JOANNE MARRACCINI

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=49568

    For nine years, Richard and Joanne Marraccini have been plagued by a vicious identity thief who’s turned their personal information into a harassment campaign — falsely labeling them as white supremacists, mailing their credit data out at random and inviting prisoners to write them.

    But the relentless barrage reached a new level last week when a man crossed the country to their front door in Schaumburg for a sexual liaison with Joanne he believed had been arranged on an Internet chat site.

    ..........
    Richard Marraccini has been identified in counterfeit fliers as a member of white supremacist Matt Hale’s World Church of the Creator, leading to his being questioned in the investigation of the Lefkow family murders in Chicago.

    The couple has received inquiries about their ability to supply bestiality photos as well as sexually graphic letters from prisoners.

    But through it all, there’s been no evidence for police to pin the disturbances on any individual.
    ........
    Ciccola said the problems the Marraccinis are facing couldn’t happen to a nicer couple.

    Richard and Joanne are 56-year-old childhood sweethearts who met in Catholic school. They said they’ve never swayed from the doctrine of tolerance and a belief in the ability of people of all races and religions to live together harmoniously.
    .........
    One thing they know for sure is their antagonist is unrelenting in pursuing them.

    The day after Joanne visited a day spa on a whim in late March, the spa received a call from a man saying he’d been involved in an accident she witnessed, but that he’d lost the phone number she gave him.

    Luckily, the spa staff had the foresight to call Joanne before giving out her home number — the one thing the Marraccinis believe their enemy doesn’t have right now. But the fact that someone knew where she was the day before led her to believe close tabs are being kept on her and her husband.

    .........
    We are talking felonious Stalking here. If the stalker lives in another state, I would think the FBI could catch the creep.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
    We are talking felonious Stalking here. If the stalker lives in another state, I would think the FBI could catch the creep.
    They live just a town apart.
    ............
    The Marraccinis suspect that a former neighbor in Elk Grove is behind the harassment, which began in 1996 following a dispute over an air conditioning unit in the Marraccinis' yard. But police in Elk Grove and Schaumburg haven't been able to prove that the former neighbor is the culprit.

    The couple moved from Elk Grove to Schaumburg when living next door to this neighbor became intolerable.

    Schaumburg police Detective Gary Ciccola said one thing that makes this case so difficult is that the police can't get a grand jury subpoena for any of the suspect's records or his computer because in Cook County they have to prove probable cause that a felony has been committed. This is a disorderly conduct case, which is a misdemeanor. The burden of proof is even greater, he said, to get a search warrant.

    "He's not cooperative. He won't talk to us. We can't force him to. You can't get into his house. We've been over there, but he won't open his door," Ciccola said.

    Schaumburg and Elk Grove Village police have consulted the FBI and U.S. postal inspectors for their help, but without being able to prove who is behind it, there isn't much those agencies can do, Ciccola said.



Similar Threads

  1. Identity Theft ...Anthony's
    By Rose Mom in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 03:23 AM
  2. Ultimate Identity Theft
    By Linda7NJ in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 09:48 AM