1331 users online (206 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    When we contacted NAMUS we also contacted doe network and charley project. It's not been easy to get things listed or people to email us back.

I really am interested in finding ariel photographs of Sandia base as well as the area with the bowling alley's which were there in 1947. so far everything costs money in which I do not have to spend.

I agree that its interesting his girlfriend/ penpal died a month prior. Could he have been suicidal but not want his family to have the stigma of suicide...especially for that time?

He was not suicidal. He was totally unaware the lady had even passed until later on, right before he wrote my grandmother. Apparently she had fallen ill.

There's literally no indication this was a suicide. I highly doubt he would worry his family or stage a crime scene.

I feel like I have to keep repeating this: The FBI was very very involved. They tapped phone lines, went to Indiana, Ohio etc. They left no stone unturned to find Eugene because he was considered AWOL (given the nature of his work with our GOV, he held secrets). He is considered a murder victim.

I am not here to solve a crime, I just want help in finding his body if it has been discovered at any point.

It's strange that not even the FBI was able to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    It's strange that not even the FBI was able to find anything.
    Agreed. Not too sure if they were looking for him only as alive or what. For awhile they believed he had ran off, apparently with top secret things (given the project he worked on) however later he was declared dead - a victim of violence.

If we could have opened this 25 years ago we would want to solve it, but given how long ago this was - we just want to bring him home before his last sibling passes away, she's 95

For those curious on why FBI was involved, this is what was going on at Sandia Air Base that my uncle was involved in:

"Sandia Base was, from 1946 to 1971, the principal nuclear weapons installation of the United States Department of Defense.[1] It was located on the southeastern edge of Albuquerque, New Mexico. For twenty-five years, the top-secret Sandia Base and its subsidiary installation, Manzano Base, carried on the atomic weapons research, development, design, testing, and training commenced by the Manhattan Project during World War II. Fabrication, assembly, and storage of nuclear weapons was also done at Sandia Base. The base played a key role in the United States nuclear deterrence capability during the Cold War. In 1971 it was merged into Kirtland Air Force Base."

Eugene was involved in these projects, and he disappeared.

Sandia Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

AstroKitty,
    What are Whitacre's vitals? I understand what you mean about going through the unidentified indices.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThinkin' View Post
    AstroKitty,
    What are Whitacre's vitals? I understand what you mean about going through the unidentified indices.
    I asked my mom the same thing last week, she submitted them to NAMUS - no idea if it's up yet (although we have a NAMUS #). I'll ask her again tomorrow while she's over and update right away. I think he was around 150 lbs and 5 ft 11 inches. Brown hair and brown eyes I believe.

I checked NAMUS and nothing came up.

Did you enter his #? I posted it upthread in the first post. Mom submitted it 2 months ago - everything is moving at snails pace and if anyone has any suggestions I would so greatly appreciate it!

I searched by the number and name.... But I'm very new to this, so I may be doing it incorrectly. Hopefully a seasoned sleuth will reply with better info.

I don't know how to search by #, I just have the #. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow as far as the hold up with Namus. I do know they emailed or called my mom back asking for a photo, which made no sense to her since she sent everything in - including the article with the photo. We don't have another one.

So, your mother is the missing Harvey's sibling- is that correct?
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    So, your mother is the missing Harvey's sibling- is that correct?
    Incorrect. My mother would be his niece. Harvey has 1 sibling that's alive, Sarah, who is 95 years old.

Oh wow, I just read your signature - I haven't clicked on it yet but is that the little girl from the gas station/cafe that said "eat here and get gas" that used to be on US 31 between tipton and kokomo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast