1142 users online (225 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroKitty View Post
    Oh wow, I just read your signature - I haven't clicked on it yet but is that the little girl from the gas station/cafe that said "eat here and get gas" that used to be on US 31 between tipton and kokomo?
    Yes!!!! Small world.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Yes!!!! Small world.
    Totally crazy but my family knew her grandparents and I was visiting nearby when she was abducted. Sherrill's is now gone (think rather recently) but no one passes the landmark without thinking of the little girl. She's one of 5 unsolved crimes that really strikes a chord in Kokomo

Totally crazy but my family knew her grandparents and I was visiting nearby when she was abducted. Sherrill's is now gone (think rather recently) but no one passes the landmark without thinking of the little girl. She's one of 5 unsolved crimes that really strikes a chord in Kokomo
    The mother of my daughter's closest friend was one of the children playing with Shannon that day she vanished. And I worked with Shannon's aunt for years. And then we had the whole Donna Walker fiasco several years back. It is the one case I hope to have solved in my lifetime.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    The mother of my daughter's closest friend was one of the children playing with Shannon that day she vanished. And I worked with Shannon's aunt for years. And then we had the whole Donna Walker fiasco several years back. It is the one case I hope to have solved in my lifetime.
    I do not know of Donna, so I'll have to look into that. Eugene (Harvey) and that side of my family worked for decades at the Kokomo Tribune Very very small world.

OMG I just googled "donna walker" and I remember hearing about this via my mom! It's truly sick that someone would do something like that, where do these sociopaths come up with ideas like this?

So here's the follow-up.

I told my mom that we cannot find him listed on NAMUS, even with the confirmation email and his # given to us. She said "I dropped the ball weeks ago because my cousin still hasn't gotten back to me.". I'm assuming this cousin is the daughter of Eugene's last remaining sibling.

We really need to get the DNA sample from Sarah before there's virtually no way to identify him if he had been found.

In the meantime, can anyone go through the Doe's or unclaimed to help us? I really tend to think his body would have been found by now, given all the land development around where he went missing.

So here's the follow-up.

I told my mom that we cannot find him listed on NAMUS, even with the confirmation email and his # given to us. She said "I dropped the ball weeks ago because my cousin still hasn't gotten back to me.". I'm assuming this cousin is the daughter of Eugene's last remaining sibling.

We really need to get the DNA sample from Sarah before there's virtually no way to identify him if he had been found.

In the meantime, can anyone go through the Doe's or unclaimed to help us? I really tend to think his body would have been found by now, given all the land development around where he went missing.

Hi Astro,

I looked through the Doe Network's UID's for NM, these 2 are possible:

Skeletal remains found in '06:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1721umnm.html

Skeletal remains found in '07:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1340umnm.html

The first one linked above had a lot of healed broken bones, which could help rule him in or out pretty easily.

BTW, did you get my PM?

On Doenet now: Harvey Eugene Whitacre http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4788dmnm.html

Oddly, he's still not visible on Namus.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB View Post
    Hi Astro,

Do you know what his MOS was?

After ww2, the Soviets were scrambling to get their nuke program off the ground. Their 1st successful test was aug of '49, iirc (can you tell i'm a history buff?). It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they kidnapped and murdered him for whatever he knew.
    He was just a corporal, whatever he may have known could've easily be obtained via less conspicuous means.

Harvey's Namus page: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23362/0

His DNA is available now.

Are you still around, AstroKitty?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I was thinking about this case today. His body should've turned up by now

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    I was thinking about this case today. His body should've turned up by now
    Have you been to New Mexico? Plenty of undeveloped land, still.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    Have you been to New Mexico? Plenty of undeveloped land, still.
    Never been there. The police will not wanna search such an old case so I don't think this will ever be solved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3