794 users online (136 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings, 4, & Greg Hutchings, 35, NSW, 11 Jan 2014 #2

This has been all over the news and Facebook this morning. I hope they find them quickly.

A father and daughter have been reported missing from NSW's north coast after they failed to meet up with family members.

Greg Hutchings, 35, and his four-year-old daughter, Eeva Dorendahl, were last seen on Pottsville Road at Pottsville about 12.30 pm (AEDT) Saturday.

Police say the pair were due to meet family in the area about midday but never arrived.

Family hold serious concerns for the pair's welfare.

Greg is described as Caucasian, about 175cm tall, with short brown curly hair and of a thin build.

Eeva is described as Caucasian, with long blonde hair, blue eyes and of a thin build.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ughter-missing

Timeline, Media, Maps

Missing Persons Poster

Thread 1
    Last edited by KateB; 05-05-2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

If each of us just printed up 10 posters - regardless of where we lived - near Pottsville or not - it could help spread the word out a little further ... doesnt matter what state in Australia you're in - no one knows where little Eeva and Greg may be ... they could be around the corner from you or travelling through your town ...

Life will be back to normal after the Australia Day Weekend for some people tomorrow - but not for those missing Greg and Eeva. The reality is stark - they are still missing and need to be found.

There are 3 differnt sizes to print - Get your posters from here to download: Posters

and Grab your sticky tape!!
    Lets bring them home!

Last edited by KateB; 05-05-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Police guard the crime scene in the dunes near Elfron St, Pottsville. Picture Glenn Hampson Source: News Limited

A police press conference scheduled for 9.30am Qld time has been delayed as officers confirmed there were further developments.
    More to come.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/poli...-1226811951381
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Crime scene declared over dad and daughter at beach
    http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/...17-da/2152469/

Australia - NSW - Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings, 4, & Greg Hutchings, 35, 11 Jan 2014, #2

Please continue here.

Salem

A reminder to all members.

Please be respectful to both sides of the families involved.

Discuss only what is known to us via media, police or our Verified Insiders.

Sleuthing of family members is not allowed.

Discussing facebook comments is not allowed. They are classed as rumour.

Do not tell other members what they can or can't post. That is a moderators job.

If you have a problem with a post please use the red alert button located top right corner of every post.

Link to WS Rules Etiquette & Information .

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-05-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

3rd Feb 2014

THE Pottsville mother of a man found dead alongside his young daughter this week has spoken of her heartbreak.

"Our two beautiful people are gone and whichever scenario it is, it's just gut-wrenchingly tragic," Diana Hutchings told the Daily News yesterday

Police have confirmed they are investigating a murder, but have stopped short of calling it a murder-suicide.

http://www.mydailynews.com.au/news/e...-soul/2156526/

When do you think we're likely to hear any new info, COD etc? We seem to be going round and round trying desperately to make sense of something that is likely never going to make sense... But some solid info and not speculation would surely help!
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

So I had been searching for the comments made regarding only the Australian passport being with the solicitor, and I do recall he media releasing a picture of Eevas Australian passport. I could not find where it said regarding Eevas Finnish passport being issued secretly - apart from the comments made to MSM by SH.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    No worries Isis. I do love your posts.

I just think hindsight gives us so much more than what Greg had access to at the time. His child is in a foreign country. I have to admit I would be worried if I had a child in another country - the UK, Asia, Peru, wherever. It's a reality nowadays that something can happen to someone anywhere. And where there is a mass of water between you and your child, it logically would play on a person's mind. Even if they were with someone caring, aware and devoted. As I've said before I'm not a parent, but I could certainly see Greg worrying, and quite rightly so. Then having the potential threat of them travelling onto Finland or somewhere else - this was a very real threat given the existence of a Finnish passport in Eeva's name.

I'm sure the whole situation fed into his anxiety, and vice versa. IMO he was very tormented by the whole thing. Doesn't excuse what he may have done, but does warrant looking at things from his POV. I'm sure that if he has done this, he wouldn't want this happening to anyone else. I feel very strongly for mothers, fathers and grandparents, that our family law system needs a massive overhaul.
    BBM - It is fair to worry but the fact of the matter is, she always returned.

I think it's bizarre that there seems to be some sort of justification going on as to GH being worried about potential threats to little Eeva travelling overseas etc. when the fact may be the threat was with him all along.

If our suspicions turn out to be true, there is NO justification for this, none, zero, zilch.

<modsnip>

There are plenty of places to get help if you need it, Before you can go to Family Court you need to go through a Dispute resolution process (http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wp...gements/)where you can put parenting orders in place without going to court. You can then choose to formalise it at court or if you absolutely can't agree or if one party refuses to attend you are then able to apply to Court to have it decide for you.

However the point I would like to make is that when you are going through these process's with Family Courts and what not there is information and referral services practically been thrown at you the whole time. I have been through the dispute resolution process and experienced it first hand.

You cannot force people to go and get this help but it is available, in full view and encouraged. I don't believe the "system" was broken, GH was!

I would be interested to know out of all the people who have resorted to filicide, how many of them accessed counselling.

Rant over
    Last edited by marlywings; 02-03-2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: making accusations at this stage isn't allowed

Thanks for the new thread, Marlywings and Salem!

Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 02-03-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Oops! Wrong name... Sorry....

If in fact md had seriously breached orders, it would only have made gh's case stronger, if anything he had less to fear

Quote Originally Posted by inkpink View Post
    BBM - It is fair to worry but the fact of the matter is, she always returned.

I think it's bizarre that there seems to be some sort of justification going on as to GH being worried about potential threats to little Eeva travelling overseas etc. when the fact may be the threat was with him all along.

If our suspicions turn out to be true, there is NO justification for this, none, zero, zilch.

<modsnip>

There are plenty of places to get help if you need it, Before you can go to Family Court you need to go through a Dispute resolution process (http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wp...gements/)where you can put parenting orders in place without going to court. You can then choose to formalise it at court or if you absolutely can't agree or if one party refuses to attend you are then able to apply to Court to have it decide for you.

However the point I would like to make is that when you are going through these process's with Family Courts and what not there is information and referral services practically been thrown at you the whole time. I have been through the dispute resolution process and experienced it first hand.

You cannot force people to go and get this help but it is available, in full view and encouraged. I don't believe the "system" was broken, GH was!

I would be interested to know out of all the people who have resorted to filicide, how many of them accessed counselling.

Rant over
    Just because a child has been returned after each trip does not suggest that they will be returned every trip. I just can't get past the supposed secrecy of the passport situation. And of course the change of address/furniture been moved. Blind Freddy could put two and two together and determine that for whatever reason, one parent was keeping information from the other. Not an ideal situation for parents trying to give the most stable, open life to their child.

And if anyone reflects on the outcomes of family law decisions and mediation in other cases, it is not always perfect (though definitely does work for many). Sometimes parents do put their needs ahead of the child. Sometimes they choose a life path that means the other parent misses out on certain rights. It doesn't make them a bad person, but it does question whose rights are being served. After all, isn't the right of a child primarily to have regular ongoing contact with both parents (as long as neither has been deemed to be a risk to the child).

I feel pretty safe saying we all agree that these two lives should never have been lost. And I also think that those like me who are questioning the process leading up to their deaths are not pointing the finger at Eeva's mother or letting Greg off the hook regarding his possible actions. What I am saying is that simplifying this situation into 'dad kills daughter, that is wrong' can be dangerous territory. Of course it's wrong, but what can be understood in this situation may help avoid the same thing happening again in the future.

I did think long and hard about putting the following thought here, but here goes (please don't jump on me! ). I wonder if Greg would have ever entertained the thought of murder/suicide if he hadn't perceived an approaching threat of relocation of Eeva. I am not saying in any way, shape or form that anyone else is to blame for what happened. I am just wondering if he was someone who clearly had anxiety issues, but was not a threat as such.

Did his decision to harm himself/Eeva come when his perceived capacity to be a Dad in the long term was potentially disappearing? Hopelessness and helplessness can be very powerful emotions, especially is someone already struggling.
    Last edited by marlywings; 02-03-2014 at 01:11 AM. Reason: edited quote

Folks at this stage there is zero, zip, nada information as to cause of death. Please don't make any accusations.

We also don't know whether Greg received any help or counselling in the past.

Please stick to what we've been told via media/police/verified insiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglaia View Post
    If in fact md had seriously breached orders, it would only have made gh's case stronger, if anything he had less to fear
    Great point Aglaia

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast