766 users online (99 members and 667 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 371
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

    Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#15


    Reminders:
    * if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

    * use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

    * copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

    * linking to forums is not allowed

    * treat opposing views respectfully
    -Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

    * add a link to all photos (including attached thumbnails), tweets, documents and facts or posts will be removed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462

    Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

    link link

    Continue discussion here...
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 02-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462



    The general discussion thread for this case will be closed on the morning of 2/6/2014 until further notice. Once the appeal is filed or when we have the judge's report we will consider re-activating the general discussion thread. However, a couple of topic specific threads may remain open.

    Check back and stay tuned.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27,178
    This is one of those cases that never stops giving, so, much as I would like to see the case come to a quiet end, I suspect that there will be a never ending serious of events between now and: a decision about whether the Judge violated any laws with his casual remarks, the Summary Report, the appeals, the counter appeals and the time that this is heard by the Supreme Court. On the other hand, media does seem to react to popular demand, and that does seem to somewhat rely on what is discussed on forums, so perhaps no discussion will encourage the US media to focus on current events that impact people on a day to day basis.
    Last edited by otto; 02-04-2014 at 01:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    We better talk fast then.......
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    SMK

    I was going to reply in the previous thread but it closed.

    I think we have seen 1 statement from Nencini regarding this "interview" he gave. I wouldn't panic too much, there is quite the possibility that what he said has been taken out of context. Just judging by his own statement it seems what is being said was not the way he meant it. We will have to see where this leads but don't panic too much. Hellman gave an after verdict interview as well but of course it was not a problem because his verdict was in the favor of the defendants.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post


    The general discussion thread for this case will be closed on the morning of 2/6/2014 until further notice. Once the appeal is filed or when we have the judge's report we will consider re-activating the general discussion thread. However, a couple of topic specific threads may remain open.

    Check back and stay tuned.
    This makes me kinda sad, I enjoy the discussion but I guess I'll have to find another case to get into.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    This is one of those cases that seems to never stops giving, so, much as I would like to see the case come to a quiet end, I suspect that there will be a never ending serious of events between now and: a decision about whether the Judge violated any laws with his casual remarks, the Summary Report, the appeals, the counter appeals and the time that this is heard by the Supreme Court. On the other hand, media does seem to react to popular demand, and that does seem to somewhat rely on what is discussed on forums, so perhaps no discussion will encourage the US media to focus on current events that impact people on a day to day basis.
    Yes, and I would like to note that many of us have been saying the exact same thiing about the Arias case. That why did it take so long? That why is the defense allowed to put such irrelevant motions in which just delay, delay, delay the process? That why does the judge allow the defense to "stall"? That why is Jodi allowed to tweet and do all these things, in other words, why is it taking so long for her to get into actual prison?

    So as we see, this is not just an Italian thing, IMO. Others can say the same thing about many cases here. And in fact, many here in America say the same thing about Arias case.

    But no matter what we say, that is just the way the process is. The defendant gets the right to appeal. The defendant gets the right to put in motions for mistrials, etc.. The defendant has the right to have a judge consider motions he/she puts in. In Italy, both the prosecution and the defendant have the right to appeal. That is just the way the process works.

    JMO.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    SMK

    I was going to reply in the previous thread but it closed.

    I think we have seen 1 statement from Nencini regarding this "interview" he gave. I wouldn't panic too much, there is quite the possibility that what he said has been taken out of context. Just judging by his own statement it seems what is being said was not the way he meant it. We will have to see where this leads but don't panic too much. Hellman gave an after verdict interview as well but of course it was not a problem because his verdict was in the favor of the defendants.


    BBM: Yes he did ... ah, the usual "double standard" ...

    . . .
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    SMK

    I was going to reply in the previous thread but it closed.

    I think we have seen 1 statement from Nencini regarding this "interview" he gave. I wouldn't panic too much, there is quite the possibility that what he said has been taken out of context. Just judging by his own statement it seems what is being said was not the way he meant it. We will have to see where this leads but don't panic too much. Hellman gave an after verdict interview as well but of course it was not a problem because his verdict was in the favor of the defendants.
    Thanks, Amber, and am trying to stay positive. It just seems that when the verdict was pronounced, everything was very strong and simple. This is like discovering a tear in a fabric. I know the defense is trying to "spin" it, but sometimes these technicalities really do unravel all. Well, it all remains to be seen. Thanks once more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    This makes me kinda sad, I enjoy the discussion but I guess I'll have to find another case to get into.
    Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,220
    aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

    And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

    My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Myvice View Post
    aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

    And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

    My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!
    Thank you, too Myvice, for your always excellent input. And to aa9511, Amber29, otto, and many more.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.
    Maybe by moving to a new case, ill get to agree with some I've disagreed with on this one

    Yes I agree though I'm sure something will happen that needs talking about. Looking forward to the reasoning for sure.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1131
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1062
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 984
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 08:40 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread