Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score

Reminders:
* if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

* use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

* copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

* linking to forums is not allowed

* treat opposing views respectfully
-Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

* add a link to all photos (including attached thumbnails), tweets, documents and facts or posts will be removed.

il_340x270.416443945_ewur.jpg
link
retro_colorful_bumble_bee_coffee_mug-r3d9cedd8a8d348caabd1c248619c048b_x7jgl_8byvr_152.jpg
link

Continue discussion here...

YourAttentionPlease_zpsc2310fbb.jpg

The general discussion thread for this case will be closed on the morning of 2/6/2014 until further notice. Once the appeal is filed or when we have the judge's report we will consider re-activating the general discussion thread. However, a couple of topic specific threads may remain open.

Check back and stay tuned.

This is one of those cases that never stops giving, so, much as I would like to see the case come to a quiet end, I suspect that there will be a never ending serious of events between now and: a decision about whether the Judge violated any laws with his casual remarks, the Summary Report, the appeals, the counter appeals and the time that this is heard by the Supreme Court. On the other hand, media does seem to react to popular demand, and that does seem to somewhat rely on what is discussed on forums, so perhaps no discussion will encourage the US media to focus on current events that impact people on a day to day basis.

SMK

I was going to reply in the previous thread but it closed.

I think we have seen 1 statement from Nencini regarding this "interview" he gave. I wouldn't panic too much, there is quite the possibility that what he said has been taken out of context. Just judging by his own statement it seems what is being said was not the way he meant it. We will have to see where this leads but don't panic too much. Hellman gave an after verdict interview as well but of course it was not a problem because his verdict was in the favor of the defendants.

The general discussion thread for this case will be closed on the morning of 2/6/2014 until further notice. Once the appeal is filed or when we have the judge's report we will consider re-activating the general discussion thread. However, a couple of topic specific threads may remain open.

Check back and stay tuned.

This makes me kinda sad, I enjoy the discussion but I guess I'll have to find another case to get into.

This is one of those cases that seems to never stops giving, so, much as I would like to see the case come to a quiet end, I suspect that there will be a never ending serious of events between now and: a decision about whether the Judge violated any laws with his casual remarks, the Summary Report, the appeals, the counter appeals and the time that this is heard by the Supreme Court. On the other hand, media does seem to react to popular demand, and that does seem to somewhat rely on what is discussed on forums, so perhaps no discussion will encourage the US media to focus on current events that impact people on a day to day basis.

Yes, and I would like to note that many of us have been saying the exact same thiing about the Arias case. That why did it take so long? That why is the defense allowed to put such irrelevant motions in which just delay, delay, delay the process? That why does the judge allow the defense to "stall"? That why is Jodi allowed to tweet and do all these things, in other words, why is it taking so long for her to get into actual prison?

So as we see, this is not just an Italian thing, IMO. Others can say the same thing about many cases here. And in fact, many here in America say the same thing about Arias case.

But no matter what we say, that is just the way the process is. The defendant gets the right to appeal. The defendant gets the right to put in motions for mistrials, etc.. The defendant has the right to have a judge consider motions he/she puts in. In Italy, both the prosecution and the defendant have the right to appeal. That is just the way the process works.

JMO.

SMK

I think we have seen 1 statement from Nencini regarding this "interview" he gave. I wouldn't panic too much, there is quite the possibility that what he said has been taken out of context. Just judging by his own statement it seems what is being said was not the way he meant it. We will have to see where this leads but don't panic too much. Hellman gave an after verdict interview as well but of course it was not a problem because his verdict was in the favor of the defendants.

BBM: Yes he did ... ah, the usual "double standard" ...

:seeya: . . . :moo:

SMK

Thanks, Amber, and am trying to stay positive. It just seems that when the verdict was pronounced, everything was very strong and simple. This is like discovering a tear in a fabric. I know the defense is trying to "spin" it, but sometimes these technicalities really do unravel all. Well, it all remains to be seen. Thanks once more :)

This makes me kinda sad, I enjoy the discussion but I guess I'll have to find another case to get into.

Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.

aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!

aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!
Thank you, too Myvice, for your always excellent input. And to aa9511, Amber29, otto, and many more. :D

Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.

Maybe by moving to a new case, ill get to agree with some I've disagreed with on this one :)

Yes I agree though I'm sure something will happen that needs talking about. Looking forward to the reasoning for sure.

"But there is only one thing here which isn’t right and not fair – a 21-year-old girl went to Italy and never came home. And there is only one victim too – and that is poor Meredith Kercher who died terrified and in agony having had her throat cut.

Now Amanda Knox has been found guilty of that terrible crime for a second time. And no efforts at rebranding herself as a thoughtful demure victim is going to change that. ...

In fact she can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Except innocence."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amanda-knox-pr-cannot-hide-3100590#.UvEY__v-DCM

"But there is only one thing here which isn’t right and not fair – a 21-year-old girl went to Italy and never came home. And there is only one victim too – and that is poor Meredith Kercher who died terrified and in agony having had her throat cut.

Now Amanda Knox has been found guilty of that terrible crime for a second time. And no efforts at rebranding herself as a thoughtful demure victim is going to change that. ...

In fact she can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Except innocence."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amanda-knox-pr-cannot-hide-3100590#.UvEY__v-DCM

BBM: And since she has all this $$$, Knox should be ordered to pay the damages she owes to Mr. Patrick Lumumba for accusing him of a crime he did not commit !

:moo:

BBM: And since she has all this $$$, Knox should be ordered to pay the damages she owes to Mr. Patrick Lumumba for accusing him of a crime he did not commit !

:moo:

I think the Italian courts have ordered her to pay the damages to Patrick Lumumba, it's just that Knox has chosen to ignore that order. Perhaps he needs to pursue that in Seattle or with her book publisher, although that may cost more than the damages that he is awarded.

I thank everyone as well for all their insights, patient rehashing and excellent track keeping of this obfuscated case.
I'll miss the discussion greatly, and now will look forward even more to the judges' report, in hopes that we can reopen the discourse!

In any event.
Thank you for moderating so well too, Harmony2. I know this is one heated forum. Thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow while participating in it :D

I'm really going to miss interacting with you guys on this case!!! Everyone had such great input, thoughts and ideas and I learned alot. I agree we will meet again on here soon because there is always something happening that needs discussion:)Thank you guys SO much!!!
Thank you Harmony2 for moderating so well and keeping us sane:)

I wish you all a very happy 2014:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member