1243 users online (230 members and 1013 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    "But there is only one thing here which isn’t right and not fair – a 21-year-old girl went to Italy and never came home. And there is only one victim too – and that is poor Meredith Kercher who died terrified and in agony having had her throat cut.

Now Amanda Knox has been found guilty of that terrible crime for a second time. And no efforts at rebranding herself as a thoughtful demure victim is going to change that. ...

In fact she can buy pretty much whatever she wants. Except innocence."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...0#.UvEY__v-DCM

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    "But there is only one thing here which isn’t right and not fair – a 21-year-old girl went to Italy and never came home. And there is only one victim too – and that is poor Meredith Kercher who died terrified and in agony having had her throat cut.

Now Amanda Knox has been found guilty of that terrible crime for a second time. And no efforts at rebranding herself as a thoughtful demure victim is going to change that. ...

BBM: And since she has all this $$$, Knox should be ordered to pay the damages she owes to Mr. Patrick Lumumba for accusing him of a crime he did not commit !

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    BBM: And since she has all this $$$, Knox should be ordered to pay the damages she owes to Mr. Patrick Lumumba for accusing him of a crime he did not commit !

I think the Italian courts have ordered her to pay the damages to Patrick Lumumba, it's just that Knox has chosen to ignore that order. Perhaps he needs to pursue that in Seattle or with her book publisher, although that may cost more than the damages that he is awarded.

I thank everyone as well for all their insights, patient rehashing and excellent track keeping of this obfuscated case.
    I'll miss the discussion greatly, and now will look forward even more to the judges' report, in hopes that we can reopen the discourse!

In any event.
    Thank you for moderating so well too, Harmony2. I know this is one heated forum. Thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow while participating in it
    KTCA : Karma Target Casey Anthony.

I'm really going to miss interacting with you guys on this case!!! Everyone had such great input, thoughts and ideas and I learned alot. I agree we will meet again on here soon because there is always something happening that needs discussionThank you guys SO much!!!
    Thank you Harmony2 for moderating so well and keeping us sane

I wish you all a very happy 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    I'm really going to miss interacting with you guys on this case!!! Everyone had such great input, thoughts and ideas and I learned alot. I agree we will meet again on here soon because there is always something happening that needs discussionThank you guys SO much!!!
    Thank you Harmony2 for moderating so well and keeping us sane

I wish you all a very happy 2014
    You, too Jessica x

Quote Originally Posted by Myvice View Post
    aa9511: I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your take on the study from the last thread. It was great.

And SMK the link you posted was great too. Some logical thinking reported for a change.

My Thanks button is working very sporadically today so thank you all for your input!
    Thanks Myvice...so sweet of you to say that.

Thank you for your input too, always!
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she F***ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Thank you, too Myvice, for your always excellent input. And to aa9511, Amber29, otto, and many more.
    Back at ya, SMK!
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Maybe by moving to a new case, ill get to agree with some I've disagreed with on this one

Yes I agree though I'm sure something will happen that needs talking about. Looking forward to the reasoning for sure.
    I must admit that it took a while to get used to this thread, as other cases I've followed are always agreed upon by the majority. This was something totally different than what I was used to. Sometimes I wanted to do this or or or , but there were more times I wanted to or or or .

Does anyone here know WHY exactly Guede's sentence was shortened so much? Any info or link explaining this?
    I have only found out today that he could be freed next year?!
    I thought he was the only one who was undoubtedly involved in the murder of Meredith?

(Sorry I am behind with lots of info, I have only just started with this case..)

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post

short and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post
    Does anyone here know WHY exactly Guede's sentence was shortened so much? Any info or link explaining this?
    I thought he was the only one who was undoubtedly involved in the murder of Meredith?

(Sorry I am behind with lots of info, I have only just started with this case..)
    Because he opted for the fast track trial. I guess that is equivalent of pleading guilty in the US. Basically, he plead guilty. Therefore, his sentence was reduced. It's called fast track trial.

Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post

Hi, from what I understand, Italy has an option called a "fast track trial". All three were offered this option but only Rudy took it. There is no jury and it is based on the evidence up until that point. Apparently he said he was worried AK and RS would frame him and that's the reason why he chose it. This article explains it a bit-

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=5762914
    Last edited by Jessica2012; 02-04-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesetup85 View Post
    I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she F***ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.
    I would certainly agree that there a lot of insensitive people out there. And obviously not all of them are murderers.

There may be members here that talk about the unusual behavior of the defendants but I haven't seen anyone that thinks they're guilty based solely on that. If you read back through the threads I think you will find the evidence that those that believe in their guilt hang their hat on. Welcome to the discussion.
    All posts are my opinion only unless otherwise stated.
    Thanks!!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast