1424 users online (281 members and 1143 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 371
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    226
    What does "ITA" mean?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    231
    Thanks.
    Wow.
    Now there are some strange laws we italians have.
    You never stop learning, huh.
    Unbelievable.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    underwater
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    Yes, ITA. I will really miss my fellow posters. But I'm sure that, knowing this case the way it is, some BIG thing will come up shortly...LOL.
    Yes....I wish there was some general sidebar where we could all hang out till another interesting case would come along!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,098
    Rudy Guede took the fast track option to avoid having a joint trial with Amanda and Raffaelle. By doing do, he could imply that others were involved but not actually have to prove it. It also served the interest of the Prosecution, which read a statement signed by Geude in the trail of the other two as evidence, but the others were not allowed to cross examine this so called "witness".

    Guede did not actually write this statement. It was in dense Italian legal jargon and clearly written by the prosecutor.

    In a bit of legal nonsense, the Italian Supreme Court declared that Meredith was killed by multiple attackers based on the result of Guede's trials where both sides had a vested interest in there being more than one person involved. The prosecution wanted to try others for the same murder and Guede wanted others to share his guilt. Amanda and Raffaelle had no representatives at Guede's trial that was held behind closed doors.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    What does "ITA" mean?
    "I Totally Agree"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,677
    Uh uh... guess who I just saw...
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,952
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Uh uh... guess who I just saw...
    Amanda ?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,930
    Quote Originally Posted by thesetup85 View Post
    I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she F***ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

    I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

    Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

    So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

    Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.
    That would work better if Knox hadn't been declaring for 7 years that the victim was her friend. There's a big difference in how people feel when a friend is brutally murdered and when a stranger dies accidentally.

    I also hope that those that arrived at the conclusion that Knox, Sollecito and Guede are guilty of murder (something the court arrived at years ago) based that opinion on more than cartwheels and rude remarks.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post
    Does anyone here know WHY exactly Guede's sentence was shortened so much? Any info or link explaining this?
    I have only found out today that he could be freed next year?!
    I thought he was the only one who was undoubtedly involved in the murder of Meredith?

    (Sorry I am behind with lots of info, I have only just started with this case..)
    I know this has been answered but I doubt I'd give ya a little more info

    Rudy Guede did opt for a fast track trial. In doing so he gets a third cut off his sentence. In his first instance trial he was given 30 years. By the time his appeal was heard, RS and AK had been sentenced to 25 and 26 years. So on appeal RGs was brought down to 24yrs to match theirs. Then 1/3 was taken off and 16 years is what he's left with.

    "Twenty-four years would be in line with the sentences given to Knox and Sollecito," he said. "They each got an extra year for simulating a burglary at the scene and Knox got a further year for falsely blaming a local barman for the murder."

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...kercher-murder

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    231
    I must say although I believe in AK's and RS's guilt I can see where all this anti-italianism derived from.

    The fact RG could possibly be free next year, the "forgotten" bra clasp story, the "corrupt" prosecutor, the fact that with the little evidence they had they messed around so much, AK not having a translator when she was first questioned, the fact that the questioning was not recorded...
    Though I do not believe AK has been hit by the police, I think she was treated pretty harshly by them. Does anyone know if it were policemen or carabinieri? The carabinieri really have some kind of "bad ass" attitude, they think they stand above everybody.
    I do believe AK's story about the police having suggested to her to accuse Lumumba. I can see where that comes from. She wrote in the message "Ci vediamo piu tardi" - see you later. In English you say that all the time, even if you know that you are not going to see that person for a couple of days. But in Italian it means that you will have an appointment a couple of hours later and you will see that person in fact "later". I can imagine the italian police being all over that text message and obviously getting suspicious, thus asking even more questions about her boss and accusing her of being a liar.

    I can fully understand the rest of the world beginning to scratch their head about Italy though.
    What a weird case.



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by thesetup85 View Post
    I noticed that members who believe that AK and RS are guilty, frequently cite their inappropriate behavior (buying sexy clothes, commenting "did she F***ing bleed to death", etc) as indicative of personalities which conscience-less people have, hence the likelihood of them committing the heinous act is increased (as murder would come easy to them).

    I witnessed something the other day, which makes the above point somewhat counter-intuitive. There was a car accident in a parking lot of a super store and an elderly person was killed. As the body was being taken away in the ambulance, I noticed many shoppers standing around, taking pictures, laughing and having a "good time" off of the tragedy at hand. Goes on to show how many people are insensitive, shortsighted and just lack all courtesy in general.

    Now, keeping the above incident in mind; is it not possible that AK and RS are two such people. If they did take part in the murder, wouldn't they be more cautious, modest and NOT their usual debonair, carefree, insensitive selves??

    So it leads me to conclude that the absolute despicable behavior of the two, post-murder and pre-arrest, is strongly indicating innocence in this crime, and not guilt.

    Just my two cents. Thanks for reading.
    Not if they are sociopaths/psychopaths. Just look at the behaviors of killers Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, and Joran Van Der Sloot post-murder for examples. Very similar. Scott Dyleski too.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Footwarrior View Post
    Rudy Guede took the fast track option to avoid having a joint trial with Amanda and Raffaelle. By doing do, he could imply that others were involved but not actually have to prove it. It also served the interest of the Prosecution, which read a statement signed by Geude in the trail of the other two as evidence, but the others were not allowed to cross examine this so called "witness".

    Guede did not actually write this statement. It was in dense Italian legal jargon and clearly written by the prosecutor.

    In a bit of legal nonsense, the Italian Supreme Court declared that Meredith was killed by multiple attackers based on the result of Guede's trials where both sides had a vested interest in there being more than one person involved. The prosecution wanted to try others for the same murder and Guede wanted others to share his guilt. Amanda and Raffaelle had no representatives at Guede's trial that was held behind closed doors.
    But Footwarrior, RS also had joint trial with Amanda, yet he never testified or was cross-examined. It was his right to remain silent, so I'm sure it would have also been Rudy's right if he had chosen to do regular trial. What I'm saying is that he could not have been forced to talk, just like no defendant can be forced to talk in trial.

    Also, it is not Rudy's job to "prove" that other people did it with him. It is not his job to "prove" anything. I am saying this because on this thread, many supporters of Amanda and RS are always saying that it is not Amanda or RS's job to prove their innocence or to prove anything in the case. So the same goes for Rudy.

    I'm just saying because it seems like a double standard when applied to Rudy, but Amanda and RS are exempt.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica2012 View Post
    What does "ITA" mean?
    I Totally Agree.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post
    I must say although I believe in AK's and RS's guilt I can see where all this anti-italianism derived from.

    The fact RG could possibly be free next year, the "forgotten" bra clasp story, the "corrupt" prosecutor, the fact that with the little evidence they had they messed around so much, AK not having a translator when she was first questioned, the fact that the questioning was not recorded...
    Though I do not believe AK has been hit by the police, I think she was treated pretty harshly by them. Does anyone know if it were policemen or carabinieri? The carabinieri really have some kind of "bad ass" attitude, they think they stand above everybody.
    I do believe AK's story about the police having suggested to her to accuse Lumumba. I can see where that comes from. She wrote in the message "Ci vediamo piu tardi" - see you later. In English you say that all the time, even if you know that you are not going to see that person for a couple of days. But in Italian it means that you will have an appointment a couple of hours later and you will see that person in fact "later". I can imagine the italian police being all over that text message and obviously getting suspicious, thus asking even more questions about her boss and accusing her of being a liar.

    I can fully understand the rest of the world beginning to scratch their head about Italy though.
    What a weird case.

    From what I read back then, the police had called Raffaele in for questioning(because his stories were inconsistent) and specifically asked him not to bring Amanda. She insisted on going anyway.The interpretor had gone home and no one expected Amanda to show up. Anyways Raffaele took away her alibi then.
    I don't think it is true she did not have an interpretor because the interpretor was one of the people she accused of hitting her over the head back then. She had also said the interpretor was very rude having been woken up from their sleep to come back to the station.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by italianWSfan View Post
    I must say although I believe in AK's and RS's guilt I can see where all this anti-italianism derived from.

    The fact RG could possibly be free next year, the "forgotten" bra clasp story, the "corrupt" prosecutor, the fact that with the little evidence they had they messed around so much, AK not having a translator when she was first questioned, the fact that the questioning was not recorded...
    Though I do not believe AK has been hit by the police, I think she was treated pretty harshly by them. Does anyone know if it were policemen or carabinieri? The carabinieri really have some kind of "bad ass" attitude, they think they stand above everybody.
    I do believe AK's story about the police having suggested to her to accuse Lumumba. I can see where that comes from. She wrote in the message "Ci vediamo piu tardi" - see you later. In English you say that all the time, even if you know that you are not going to see that person for a couple of days. But in Italian it means that you will have an appointment a couple of hours later and you will see that person in fact "later". I can imagine the italian police being all over that text message and obviously getting suspicious, thus asking even more questions about her boss and accusing her of being a liar.

    I can fully understand the rest of the world beginning to scratch their head about Italy though.
    What a weird case.

    Thanks for the translations, and the insight into Italy. I took Italian way back in high school.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1131
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 1062
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
  3. Replies: 1064
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  4. Replies: 984
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 08:40 AM
  5. Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Tags for this Thread