UK - Lancashire. Woman jumps to death after rape case, 2014

Isn't Rochdale in Lancashire?

Tragic case.

The media has named her, but it somehow feels disrespectful to ID her under these circumstances, when she would have remained anonymous if she hadn't felt driven to take her own life.

The man was acquitted of three counts of rape, so there are other victims who must equally feel denied justice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I don't remember (and couldn't find the post stating what MSM is allowed on WS, my apologies!) if Daily Mail is considered a reliable MSM source, especially since they usually seem to embellish details for dramatic purposes, but this article has a bit more info on the case. Mods, please feel free to edit out my link if the Daily Mail is not an acceptable source. :blushing:

But if the information in that article is correct, the man was charged with raping 7 women between 2006 and 2011. He hasn't been found guilty for any of them. This is just my opinion, but I'm having a really hard time believing that all seven women were "crying wolf" so to speak.

Especially now that one of these women has taken her own life following the verdict. Very, very sad.

RIP poor woman. Rape is a horrible crime.

Is it just me, or are there more suicide jumpers at this time of year, the winter? Lately I've been hearing so much about recent cases, along with the anniversaries of past cases. At any rate, all of them have my sympathies.

Isn't Rochdale in Lancashire?

Tragic case.

The media has named her, but it somehow feels disrespectful to ID her under these circumstances, when she would have remained anonymous if she hadn't felt driven to take her own life.

The man was acquitted of three counts of rape, so there are other victims who must equally feel denied justice.

You are correct. I've mixed up two counties that have real rivalry and even went to war once. I am going to be in such trouble if this gets spotted by a native.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I don't remember (and couldn't find the post stating what MSM is allowed on WS, my apologies!) if Daily Mail is considered a reliable MSM source, especially since they usually seem to embellish details for dramatic purposes, but this article has a bit more info on the case. Mods, please feel free to edit out my link if the Daily Mail is not an acceptable source. :blushing:

But if the information in that article is correct, the man was charged with raping 7 women between 2006 and 2011. He hasn't been found guilty for any of them. This is just my opinion, but I'm having a really hard time believing that all seven women were "crying wolf" so to speak.

Especially now that one of these women has taken her own life following the verdict. Very, very sad.

I can't help thinking if seven people came forward and said they had been mugged by one person, there would be little question of what the verdict would be.

I can't help thinking if seven people came forward and said they had been mugged by one person, there would be little question of what the verdict would be.

Exactly. It is infuriating that rape is such a heinous crime and yet, victims of rape are often accused of lying rather than getting the justice they deserve. It's no wonder so many people (not only women!) are afraid to report sexual assaults for fear of disbelief from their community. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back