1225 users online (219 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

TX - Sean Yates, 35, Corpus Christi, 30 Jan 2014

Sean Yates

CORPUS CHRISTI -
    Police need help finding a man who left the Corpus Christi Supported Living Center on Airport Road and is in need of his medications.
    http://www.kristv.com/news/police-se...r-missing-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/24628819...or-missing-man

Yates was wearing a gray shirt, dark jeans and white tennis shoes. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and is about 5'5" about 150 pounds.

Corpus Christi Police Blotter

http://ccpdblotter.com/

http://ccpdblotter.com/2014/02/03/mi...on-sean-yates/

Missing Person – Sean Yates
    February 3, 2014 ~ Senior Officer Travis Pace
    Missing Person Sean Yates

The Corpus Christi Police Department Homicide/Robbery Bureau is asking the public’s assistance in locating 35 year old Sean Yates who was reported missing on January 30, 2014. Yates was last seen at 902 Airport Road and is in need of his medication.

Sean was last seen wearing a grey shirt, dark jeans and white tennis shoes. He is 5′ 5″ tall and weighs 154 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He is non-aggressive, likes flashing lights and police officers.

If you have any information or know the whereabouts of Sean Yates please call CCPD’s 911 Metrocom Center. For further information please contact Corpus Christi Police Department Homicide/Robbery Detective R.L. Garcia at 361-886-2850.

los2188 is offline A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Family Asks Public for Help Finding Missing 35-Year Old Man

Family Asks Public for Help Finding Missing 35-Year Old Man -

CORPUS CHRISTI (Kiii News) -
    A sister and aunt of a man who has gone missing from the State Supported Living Center are pleading with the public to come forward with any information that can help locate their loved one.
    "I just want him to call somebody, because it's been five days since he was actually seen," said Ashley Yates, the sister of missing 35-year old Sean Yates. "I don't know if he is dead or alive."
    http://www.kiiitv.com/story/24769690...5-year-old-man
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

The man found dead at the base of the Harbor Bridge over the weekend has been identified as Sean Yates, a man reported missing after leaving the Corpus Christi State Living Center last month.
    http://www.kztv10.com/news/body-foun...issing-person/

Family members say Yates had been living at the center for almost 11 years and was ordered to be under 24-hour supervision. They say the staff didn't notice he was missing for hours.

"It hurts so bad because it could've been prevented," Ashley Yates, Sean's sister, said. "That's the biggest thing. I mean we can't pick and choose when we're going to go, but this particular incident I know could have been prevented."
    http://www.kltv.com/story/24833788/f...been-prevented

The staff officially called him missing at 4:45 and the last time he was seen was 3:30. That's not "hours".

When you have the state pay for care for your brother, and he does well for 11 years and then finally wanders off, I'm not sure this can be counted as anything except an accidental death.

Sad, but no one in the family had seen him since Christmas. I wonder if they had all housed him in their own private homes, could they have done better at keeping him from wandering off under their watch?

Have been researching this case; think it might not have been as accidental as it first seems.

Interview with family:
    Death Of Sean Yates Raises Questions Of Neglect At Texas State-Supported Living Centers
    Sean’s cause of death is listed as accidental drowning by the Nueces County Medical Examiner. But Ashley thinks something far more sinister happened to him.

“My honest opinion: Someone did this to him. His nose was broke. He had a laceration above his nose and both his cheek bones were broke,” Yates said.

DAVIES: "So you think someone beat him up?"

YATES: "I do. But no one is ever going to walk up and say, 'Hey I did it.' "
    What I've read about Sean is that he was fairly intelligent--not the sort of non-verbal and/or severely disabled autistic person you would normally see in a wandering-and-drowning incident. And the assisted living center seems pretty shady, too--they've been in trouble for running "fight clubs" among the developmentally disabled adults, for neglect in general, and may be shut down.

I don't know what happened to Sean, but I am really starting to doubt that it was wandering-and-drowning. He certainly did escape the center on his own because he had done so many times before, but he had always been found safe before, even after having been missing for days. And he was found with injuries that looked like someone had beaten his face in, possibly having drowned because he was too hurt to swim.

I see cases like this occasionally--where it looks like a wandering death, but there are factors that don't fit, signs of foul play, like someone took advantage of a wandering autistic person. Autistics are about ten times as likely to become crime victims, and if this was, say, a mugging that went wrong, someone beating him up because he didn't have the money they wanted, then it was murder. But I think his sister's right--they'll probably never find the perpetrator.
    Autism Memorial: Remembering Autistic Crime Victims

New information for the Autism Memorial is always appreciated.