MS MS - Jackson, BlkMale Adult, UP10973, in shed @ scrapyard, poss bald/balding, 6'3" - 6'5", Jun'11

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting a thread per user request.

Case Report - NamUs UP # 10973
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10973

Case Information

Status Unidentified
Case Number 11-0653
Date Found June 14, 2011 02:00
File Created February 06, 2013 15:43
Date Last Modified February 03, 2014 13:37
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)

Agency Hinds Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Telephone 601-973-5505

Case Manager
Name Mark LeVaughn
Telephone Number 601 987 1440

Demographics
Estimated Age Adult
Minimum Age
Maximum Age
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity Other
Sex Male
Weight (lbs)
Height (inches) 70, Estimated

Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
*advertiser censored* All parts recovered

Body conditions Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable Year of Death 2010 to 2011
Estimated Postmortem Interval
Circumstances
Location Found:
GPS coordinates:
Address 1 Hwy 80 west
Address 2
City Jackson
State Mississippi
Zip Code
County Hinds

Circumstances
(None Indicated)

Physical
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair: Very little may have been bald or balding
Body Hair: None
Facial Hair: None
Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: Missing

*advertiser censored* No other distinctive body features

Clothing and Accessories
Clothes on the Body: None
Footwear: None
Jewelry: None
Glasses: None
Other items found with the body: None

Fingerprints

Dental
Status: Dental Information is available and will be entered later

DNA

Images
There are currently no images available for this case.

Documents
There are currently no documents available for this case.

Is he 5'10 or 6'4? Your copy says 5'10 but NamUs says 6'4. I see that the profile was updated less than a day ago ... maybe the height was revised?

There are several black men fitting the UID's description, but Charlton Bolden seems to fit it best.

Charlton Bolden
Race and hair description match. UID's height fits into Bolden's 6'3 to 6'5 range. Timing is perfect. Went missing from Texas, which is one of the states that Highway 80 spans.

I don't see anything that'd rule him out just yet.

It says on the headline "skeletal" when in Namus it says decomp/putrification. Is that SOP? I'm not trying to be sassy. It just narrows down the timeframe for me that the UID was deceased. Putrification to me means one to two weeks, Where skeletal to me means 6 months to a Year. Just needing some clarification. :)

I thought it could be Lester Jones but it's not. Both Jones and the UID have DNA in the system, so NamUs would have caught it already if it were a match.

Thank you CarlK90245 for starting thread.

The DNA for this UID was updated yesterday 2/3 to reflect completed test. Prior to yesterday DNA was listed as not submitted so I did send in a request the investigator for Lester's case re a comparison of UID to Lester R Jones. Also made contact with Black & Missing But Not Forgotten who were kind enough to get in touch with their NamUs contact....he responded immediately to their request re DNA check on UID. I have not heard back from any party re rule-out for Lester...however upon seeing the UID's DNA updated yesterday....tend to feel Lester has been ruled out.

This UID has been a mite ignored....best place I could think of to bring sharp minds and good eyes to his case is here on WS.

The first thing that comes to mind is that there is a fairly large amount of homeless people in that area.

This UID was listed on one mssing persons site....in that write-up it stated that due to lack of ID LE considered him homeless. This is not stated in the very short newspaper blurb on this man nor on his NamUs write-up. Certainly his being a homeless person legitimately comes right to mind but what struck me as odd was there being no clothing/items etc found with this individual. Most times it seems there is something found that suggests the person lives on the streets.

This UID was listed on one mssing persons site....in that write-up it stated that due to lack of ID LE considered him homeless. This is not stated in the very short newspaper blurb on this man nor on his NamUs write-up. Certainly his being a homeless person legitimately comes right to mind but what struck me as odd was there being no clothing/items etc found with this individual. Most times it seems there is something found that suggests the person lives on the streets.

Thank you for the added info. The area that the body was found in is notorious for all kinds of criminal activity. Unfortunately, shootings, stabbings and finding dead bodies are all too common occurrences in the surrounding area. I am local and live in a bordering county. I pray that someone has reported this person as missing.

Also pray someone steps forward for him. His existence on the Internet is very very limited...perhaps now more sites will pick up his NamUs record.

Kind of off-topic....For health reason my ability to follows cases is very limited but for some reason Lester Jones Jr has grabbed my mind. There are interesting aspects to his case that appeared to have been left unchecked. Do have some things to post to his thread but need to organize them so to make sense to others. I hope you will partake of his thread....eyes that are familiar with an area are so beneficial.

Also pray someone steps forward for him. His existence on the Internet is very very limited...perhaps now more sites will pick up his NamUs record.

Kind of off-topic....For health reason my ability to follows cases is very limited but for some reason Lester Jones Jr has grabbed my mind. There are interesting aspects to his case that appeared to have been left unchecked. Do have some things to post to his thread but need to organize them so to make sense to others. I hope you will partake of his thread....eyes that are familiar with an area are so beneficial.

Thank you for pointing me to Lester Jones, Jr. 's case. I can't believe I've never even heard of it. The area that he seems to have disappeared from is night and day different from what I described above. It is known to be very safe. I know it very well. I will keep my eye on this. Praying he is found.

Since both Lester and the UID have DNA, it would be a ruleout by default, and in most cases those aren't listed separately.

Yeah, it looks like it could really be any of those guys.

Abdul Jibril Alexander, 33yo when he went missing from LA 2 years before the UID was found, fits height estimate at 6'5" and appeared to have a slightly high hairline and very short hair to match the 'possibly balding' description. www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/51813?nav with more photos on his Charley Project page Abdul Jibril Alexander – The Charley Project

Cornelius Adams missing in LA on 4 August 2008. Fits height estimate at 6'3" www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/36216?nav No photo and few details.

As the post above points out, it could be such a wide variety of people...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back