TX TX - Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, & two sons, 9 & 7, Cypress, 24 Jan 2014

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
This is so sad, I am following this as it is in my community. I couldn't find anything here on it. Family found dead after welfare check when the kids hadn't been to school in over a week nor the parents to work. It was at first hinted it was domestic but after nearly a week, yesterday it has been ruled a homicide. There has been several incidents in the Cypress area lately and many people are on edge. This is so sad and those poor children :(

In a quiet subdivision in suburban Houston, shaken neighbors held a vigil last week after a husband, his wife and their two young sons were found dead in their comfortable brick home, presumed victims of a murder-suicide.

But raw neighborhood emotions went from sadness to fear on Monday when the Harris County medical examiner ruled all four deaths homicides and said the family members each were shot at least once in the head.

No one apparently heard the gunshots. Their bodies lay in different rooms of the 3,500-square-foot home in the well-manicured Cypress neighborhood, maybe for days, before someone asked police to check on them Thursday because one of the adults had not reported to work.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...shooting-that-killed-4-5200810.php?cmpid=hpfc

CYPRESS, TX (KTRK) -- We're continuing to follow the deaths of an entire family in Cypress. Deputies have released more details in the case.

This morning, we're told all four members of the family were shot to death while inside their home.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office found the bodies last Thursday inside the home on Fosters Creek Drive. The couple and their two sons, who were just nine and seven years old, were all shot in the head.

Their bodies were in different rooms in the house. Deputies believe the family had been dead for days.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9418703

That is scary for the neighborhood. It almost sounds like an execution but why the children too?

Wonder if there's any connection to this case?

fran

Good Samaritan shot while trying to help family during home invasion

It happened in the 7400 block of Antoine at 4 a.m. Four gunmen wearing masks kicked in the front door exploded into the home of Jose Espinoza, as his wife and children slept.

.................................. snip ....................

“He’s screaming, ‘Help me! Help me! They’re inside my house. They’ve got my family,’” the Good Samaritan said.

“He was like call 911, but the guy insisted on helping,” said Espinoza.

And help he did, scuffling with one of the suspects as they fled. But it was something he saw moments earlier, that seems to bother him more than getting shot.

“I glanced inside and these guys had his wife and kids, and they had them on their knees execution style, and two of the guys had guns at their heads,” said the young hero.

more at link .............. http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Good...lp-family-during-home-invasion-243234231.html

hmmmmmmmmmm, good thought fran. This whole thing is just so strange and the information is so limited

the family immigrated from china, the dad held a PH.D at UT and was an engineer at Cameron. Seemed to be a pretty successful family. They haven't officially released the names yet but local news has stated the names from public records on the house and cars. The Cyfair ISD has also released the names of the boys too.

Almost sounds like a hit.

Related to the father's work ? Did any of the children have gang affiliations ?
Either parent having an illicit affair - a spurned lover situation ?

I wonder when they came from China if they were fleeing... because it does sound like a hit... but who does that anymore?

kids i doubt were gang affiliated they were 7 and 9......well. unless you consider the boy scouts a gang. They've been here for quite sometime (many years) dad graduated from UT in 1998

This happened two blocks behind my home. On Friday, we were told no sign of forced entry and no reason to fear for our safety. Now they're saying broken glass and all homicides. This is very scary. This is a wonderful, family oriented neighborhood. The elementary school is right in the subdivision. There are a lot of stay at home, work from home parents and no one heard a thing? Something very strange going on here.

In another neighborhood in another city, I might be willing to lean for 7 and 9 year olds being in a gang.. here, not so much.

This happened two blocks behind my home. On Friday, we were told no sign of forced entry and no reason to fear for our safety. Now they're saying broken glass and all homicides. This is very scary. This is a wonderful, family oriented neighborhood. The elementary school is right in the subdivision. There are a lot of stay at home, work from home parents and no one heard a thing? Something very strange going on here.

It will be interesting to see what comes out about their wounds and such. A gunshot is a very distinctive noise, much less four of them.. but it depends on the caliber and type of gun to know how much noise it would have made... and if we run with the "it's a hit" idea, then someone probably used a silencer.

Don't fret. Broken glass and all homicides doesn't mean a serial killer is on the loose. All investigations [should] start from the family and work their way out. The "random quadruple homicide" is very rare, even for a criminal caught in the act of committing another crime (b&e, etc.)

Please do not cut/paste from comments section of news articles. You can refer other posters to particular comments and include a link, ie time it was posted or whatever, but do not cut/paste. Also, comments should be considered 'rumors.' Please do not discuss rumors.

TIA
fran

This is horrible!

I hope LE found someone nearby with a surveillance system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not cut/paste from comments section of news articles. You can refer other posters to particular comments and include a link, ie time it was posted or whatever, but do not cut/paste. Also, comments should be considered 'rumors.' Please do not discuss rumors.

TIA
fran

did i miss something here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member