791 users online (165 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UT - Beaver Co., WhtFem UP12045, 18-40, on train, Jan'14 - Amber Brown

Seems like this should be easy to solve. I've found some good possible matches, but none with her distinctive tattoo. **Postmortem pic** and photo of tattoo (a peace sign with colorful waves, feathers, or rays on her back).

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12045

Circumstances
    The decedent was discovered on top of a railroad tanker car that connected to a train. The train had originated in Las Vegas, Nevada and had traveled nonstop to Milford, Utah (6 hours 45 minutes travel time). The decedent was discovered 2 hours and 20 minutes after the train arrived in Utah.

Tattoos
    Upper mid back tattoo: peace sign surrounded by multi-chromatic radiating feathers or thin leaves.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-26-2014 at 01:41 PM.

The red-yellow-green color of the feathers in the tattoo make me think of Bob Marley/reggae music. I don't know too much about tattoos, but that one looks fairly professional.

Leigh Ann Bosch seems to have the closest tattoo to the description. If she had lost weight and had been living rough she could bear some resemblance to the UID. The UID does seem to have a pointier jaw...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...haracteristics

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23038/12

Amanda King? Kinda has a similar face shape.

I wonder what this UID's cause of death was? =[

The picture to me looks like this UID dyed their hair brown as well as the eyebrows. You can see the blonde hair growing back in IMO

Also I don't think those are feathers, it looks like marijuana leaves.

I think she was a meth addict. Her teeth, mouth and skin pretty much confirms that. Being that she was discovered on a train leads me to believe she was homeless and wanted somewhere safe to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkywaters View Post
    I think she was a meth addict. Her teeth, mouth and skin pretty much confirms that. Being that she was discovered on a train leads me to believe she was homeless and wanted somewhere safe to sleep.
    The moment I looked at the picture I thought the exact same thing.

I also agree with whoever mentioned above that they are not feathers but leaves from a marijuana plant.

Most disturbing thing here is what seems to be a boot print on her right shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinista View Post
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23038/12

Amanda King? Kinda has a similar face shape.

I wonder what this UID's cause of death was? =[
    She's actually the first person I thought of when I saw this. I wish we could see a pic of Amanda's teeth.

Re: COD. I'm *assuming* that she was alive when she went up on the train car and was riding the rails. Her face looks sunburned (and also like she might have some drug-associated skin issues, like picking at it on meth). Not sure if you can die from lying on top of a speeding train for 6+ hours. Maybe from heatstroke?

Quote Originally Posted by jessica- View Post
    Also I don't think those are feathers, it looks like marijuana leaves.
    Agreed. And I also agree that the colors suggest reggae.

Quote Originally Posted by vermontaigne View Post
    Most disturbing thing here is what seems to be a boot print on her right shoulder.
    I thought that was just postmortem lividity from lying on her back... but it totally does look like shoe print.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    She's actually the first person I thought of when I saw this. I wish we could see a pic of Amanda's teeth.

Re: COD. I'm *assuming* that she was alive when she went up on the train car and was riding the rails. Her face looks sunburned (and also like she might have some drug-associated skin issues, like picking at it on meth). Not sure if you can die from lying on top of a speeding train for 6+ hours. Maybe from heatstroke?
    Since she was found in January, instead of heatstroke, perhaps hypothermia? She was not wearing heavy clothing for traveling atop a train in January. Could some of her skin issues be caused by frostbite?

Here is some more info on Amanda King. I think she quite resembles our UID in the two pics of her with longer hair. She went missing from a rehab center and is believed to still be in NY, but who knows?

She would have had to get the tat between October and January.

https://www.facebook.com/amandakingmissing

Quote Originally Posted by Equinista View Post
    Since she was found in January, instead of heatstroke, perhaps hypothermia? She was not wearing heavy clothing for traveling atop a train in January. Could some of her skin issues be caused by frostbite?
    Yes, good point. Isn't that how some stowaways on airplanes die?

Here's some info on train surfing. I guess she could have been electrocuted.

Train surfing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast