Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2

geevee

Well-Known Stickie
Reaction score
Now that we've had some time to digest all of the evidence and witness testimony from the trial, there still seems to be quite a few unanswered questions. I thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss and work out all the pieces that don't fit and things that don't make sense to us while we're awaiting the penalty retrial.

Tops on my list at the moment are the camera, pictures and the memory cards. The blue one does not appear to fit Travis' camera yet was found in the washer and introduced into evidence and nothing more said about it. Did it have pictures on it? Why don't we know anything more about it?

Det. Melendez said when he received the camera the memory card and its cover were in the camera slot where it belongs, but the Sony card that fits his camera doesn't look like it has a cover. Very confusing.

The 'unclothed' pics are another mystery to me; with the events that preceded his murder, it doesn't seem reasonable that Travis would invite her in and have that sort of encounter with her. We know he told at least one woman he was chatting with that he was afraid of JA's stalking behavior and even presumed she was reading their communications, would he forget all of that and invite her into his bed a week later? I find that difficult to believe.

And one glaring question about her trip - once she was out of Arizona and near Salt Lake City, UT, why did she refill the all of the gas cans? There was no financial benefit and with the extra weight of those 3 cans, it probably had a negative impact on her gas mileage, not to mention the smell and danger of carrying around so much gasoline. She had plenty of places to fill up, so why would she lug around gas when it wasn't necessary?

It doesn't seem that she had time to take a long drive into the desert to dispose of the weapons before meeting Ryan (will need to check the timeline on that part), but she obviously did it for a reason, I hope eventually we can figure that out.

Those are the questions bothering me presently, please post yours and let's get to work on finding some answers. :)

I hope this thread is alright with the mods.

Continue discussion here...

:seeya:

Now that we've had some time to digest all of the evidence and witness testimony from the trial, there still seems to be quite a few unanswered questions. I thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss and work out all the pieces that don't fit and things that don't make sense to us while we're awaiting the penalty retrial.

Tops on my list at the moment are the camera, pictures and the memory cards. The blue one does not appear to fit Travis' camera yet was found in the washer and introduced into evidence and nothing more said about it. Did it have pictures on it? Why don't we know anything more about it?

Det. Melendez said when he received the camera the memory card and its cover were in the camera slot where it belongs, but the Sony card that fits his camera doesn't look like it has a cover. Very confusing.

The 'unclothed' pics are another mystery to me; with the events that preceded his murder, it doesn't seem reasonable that Travis would invite her in and have that sort of encounter with her. We know he told at least one woman he was chatting with that he was afraid of JA's stalking behavior and even presumed she was reading their communications, would he forget all of that and invite her into his bed a week later? I find that difficult to believe.

And one glaring question about her trip - once she was out of Arizona and near Salt Lake City, UT, why did she refill the all of the gas cans? There was no financial benefit and with the extra weight of those 3 cans, it probably had a negative impact on her gas mileage, not to mention the smell and danger of carrying around so much gasoline. She had plenty of places to fill up, so why would she lug around gas when it wasn't necessary?

It doesn't seem that she had time to take a long drive into the desert to dispose of the weapons before meeting Ryan (will need to check the timeline on that part), but she obviously did it for a reason, I hope eventually we can figure that out.

Those are the questions bothering me presently, please post yours and let's get to work on finding some answers. :)

I hope this thread is alright with the mods.

Here are my thoughts on your questions/answers. :seeya:

• The camera - the photos could have been extracted from the Sony compact flash to a another generic flash card. Or, after the killing, Jodi could of tried copying them over to Travis' computer using a compact flash card reader and failed at it, therefore, gave up and tossed the camera in the washer with bleach,
  • Nude photos - Travis let her in only believing he was getting paid debt that Jodi owed him. Unfortunately, they had a strong physical attraction to each other and Travis probably had not had sex in awhile and thought they can have one quick roll in the hay and Jodi would be on her merry way to Utah.
  • Extra gas - Perhaps Jodi had another plan instead of heading back to Yreka. What if she would of been "caught" somewhere in between Mesa-California? She clearly did not know when Travis was going to be found, and the more time she had, the more she can stay on course. Which, she did.
  • Desert Drive- Perhaps she stopped in Nevada (Las Vegas) for something other then disposing of weapons?
Here is a recap of the "Roadtrip Timeline":

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

Wow, I haven't reread that first post in ages, thanks to (was it pocketaccent?) I think we've laid to rest the memory card issue, but I still have such feelings of doubt about the nude pictures. Maybe her sexual allude was stronger than Travis' misgivings and anger towards her in the past few weeks before she got to Mesa, I just have a hard time accepting much of anything she says. She did originally tell Det. Flores that all those pics had been on her camera before they got into Travis', that part had a ring of truth I can't squash. I may just be unintentionally selective in what I'll credit her with though.

Something funny, I've been thinking she took the full gas cans home with her, she told Flores that her car had been 'given back to the bank', so how did she return home to Yreka after taking the rental back to Redding? Was there any testimony about that?

Wow, I haven't reread that first post in ages, thanks to (was it pocketaccent?) I think we've laid to rest the memory card issue, but I still have such feelings of doubt about the nude pictures. Maybe her sexual allude was stronger than Travis' misgivings and anger towards her in the past few weeks before she got to Mesa, I just have a hard time accepting much of anything she says. She did originally tell Det. Flores that all those pics had been on her camera before they got into Travis', that part had a ring of truth I can't squash. I may just be unintentionally selective in what I'll credit her with though.

Something funny, I've been thinking she took the full gas cans home with her, she told Flores that her car had been 'given back to the bank', so how did she return home to Yreka after taking the rental back to Redding? Was there any testimony about that?

She drove her car to her brother's home to rent the car. JA was not arrested until July so her car could have been taken back after she returned home. jmo

She drove her car to her brother's home to rent the car. JA was not arrested until July so her car could have been taken back after she returned home. jmo

Right you are, had a memory lapse attack. lol Since she only put 15.00 worth in her car before leaving Yreka, what do you think the chances are that she put the 3 cans of gas in her own car to get back home?

Right you are, had a memory lapse attack. lol Since she only put 15.00 worth in her car before leaving Yreka, what do you think the chances are that she put the 3 cans of gas in her own car to get back home?

When I look at her gas receipts and miles driven after Sparks NV, she would have 3 full cans unaccounted for at the end of returning the rental car, if I assume she is telling the truth.

Take a look:
At Sparks NV, she has a full tank of gas. According to all gas receipts presented she did not use any gas from gas cans to get there.
If she went to Yreka first then to Redding, this trip would have required about 11 gallons of gas. So at Redding, she is empty.

She returns the rental car empty as we saw on the rental receipt.
On the same day at 12:20 pm (right before she returns the car), she fills up another car $48.25 at Valero, Redding.

So what happened to the 3 gas cans full of gas?

It's over 7 hours of driving to get to Sparks from UT. She probably used the gas in the cans during her trip. jmo

It's over 7 hours of driving to get to Sparks from UT. She probably used the gas in the cans during her trip. jmo

Didn't she take the long loop around through Nevada? It seems to me she tried to fall off the grid for awhile?

BBM ~ She could have copied her camera's pics over to Travis' computer and copied it over to the Sony card? Anyways, you're right - it is a moot point now. Didn't Jodi have her 2 cameras with her?

She concocted the lie about such a transfer because she did not want to be discovered being at Travis' house on that day. Anyone who owns a digital camera saw that convoluted lie for what it was, but it's so easy to almost believe her because she tells so very many lies, GeeVee--it's tough to know which lies are completely fabricated and which are lies based on some grain of truth. :seeya:

on the Maricopa Minute Entries - this one is from 2/4/14 - can't believe they had never inventoried the contents of the handbag...

Court has been advised by the Exhibits Department that exhibit # 243 which is in a sealed
clear plastic bag containing a handbag was not inventoried of the items contained inside,

IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED unsealing exhibit #243 to take the inventory and update
the exhibit worksheet. Exhibit #243 shall then be resealed.

on the Maricopa Minute Entries - this one is from 2/4/14 - can't believe they had never inventoried the contents of the handbag...

Court has been advised by the Exhibits Department that exhibit # 243 which is in a sealed
clear plastic bag containing a handbag was not inventoried of the items contained inside,

IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED unsealing exhibit #243 to take the inventory and update
the exhibit worksheet. Exhibit #243 shall then be resealed.

I'd be willing to speculate on the contents:

1. Pop rocks,
  2. Tootsie-Roll Pops,
  3. Toblerones,
  4. One moldy Cinnabon,
  5. A My Starbucks Rewards card,
  6. KY Jelly,
  7. A copy of Golddigging For Dummies and
  8. A pedophilia brochure.

1. Pop rocks,
  2. Tootsie-Roll Pops,
  3. Toblerones,
  4. One moldy Cinnabon,
  6. KY Jelly,

luv it! lol

Filing Date = 2/3/2014

SDO - Order to Seal Documents

Docket Date = 2/7/2014

NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE PUBLIC ACCESS TO MS ARIAS VISITATION LOGS FILED 02/03/14 NOT TO BE OPENED UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THE COURT / MINUTE ENTRY DATED 02/03/14 NOT TO BE OPENED UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THE COURT

(So ordered on 2/7/2014)

Don't tell anyone, but I'm really struggling with the Court's many rulings in favor of the lying torture murderess.

OTOH, it would appear that the State did not object to this motion.

Schedule_zps13b5383c.jpg

1. Pop rocks,
  2. Tootsie-Roll Pops,
  3. Toblerones,
  4. One moldy Cinnabon,
  6. KY Jelly,

:floorlaugh:

Add to the list many items of make-up.

Does uninventoried mean they didn't even look in there?

I'll add a copy of 1000 places to see (or whatever that book was called), bandaids, and screwdriver to the hilarious list of items.

Does uninventoried mean they didn't even look in there?

I'll add a copy of 1000 places to see (or whatever that book was called), bandaids, and screwdriver to the hilarious list of items.

Your 100th post!

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff