Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #8

TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #8

Leanne Bearden

33 year old Leanne Bearden has been missing since Friday January 17th, 2014 from a family member's Garden Ridge place of residence in Garden Ridge, Texas. She was seen walking away. Bearden is 5' and weighs about 100 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown shoulder length hair.

Please contact contact the Comal County Sheriff's Office at 830-620-3400.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Gard...241077051.html

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232289"]Thread #1[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232841"]Thread #2[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232992"]Thread #3[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233221"]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233396"]Thread #5[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233548"]Thread #6[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233728"]Thread #7[/ame]

verified reporter: ShowboatMB
    Last edited by CatFancier; 02-05-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

We do not have any POI's or suspects in this case, there should be no sleuthing of anyone except Leanne.

Thanks,

Cat
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?
    Who is Snohomish County Jane Doe?
    Justice for Alanna Gallagher

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

Jane Young about Abigail Hernandez

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Again, Josh is not a suspect or POI so no sleuthing or intimating he is responsible unless or until MSM and LE state it as such.

No more bickering! If you do not like a post, alert it with the little red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post and move on, do not respond.
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

"I cannot tell you how a child like that can get through the nine months, but she has done that. That concludes to us that she has a level of strength that I'm not sure any of us has."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232906"]TX TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 January 2014 *Media, Map Links Only* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you AddysMom7610 for these videos of the Garden Ridge neighborhood Leanne went missing from:
    http://youtu.be/ONhgmE5jf8M
    http://youtu.be/MI6HJpgRQ9U

Leanne and Josh Beardens travel blog & social media sites:
    http://www.goexplore365.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goexplore365/sets/
    www.youtube.com/user/GoExplore365?feature=watch

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

Map where Leanne went missing from to FM 3009 http://goo.gl/maps/Nxts1

http://findleannebearden.com/

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Lightbulb

The speculation about Leanne's husband stops now. This is not the first warning about this. You can discuss the leaving theory but until or unless there is something pointing to Josh being the reason we are not going there. .
    This bee my opinion

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The Mod Squad takes time in our new cases to educate our new members and to acclimate our veteran members to the case rules. Please know that the education process is over and now it's time to take more responsibility for what you are posting. Many posts have been removed due to rule infractions and we've given warnings, closed threads and sent PMs. That phase is over. From this point, I will be reviewing infractions on a one by one basis and if I see infractions, members may find themselves on the outside looking in. Please don't let that happen because it's better to have a constructive discussion with everyone in place.

This has been the most frequent problem in this case, accusing victims. But, you are responsible for knowing ALL the forum rules, of which 98% of them can be found at the link:

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2279603&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rules Etiquette & Information[/ame]

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Let's find Leanne!
    Where is Cherrie Mahan?

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    Do you think that the same reason for feeling disassociated upon return the same reason you might want to leave for two years to begin with? To me the two year sabatical is a form of running away. What do you think.? ty
    No I don't think so. Maybe it's a bit similar but the feeling of uprootedness upon returning is definitely stronger because it is unexpected. At least for me it was like that, I would have to widely speculate whether this might be true for Leanne and I don't know anything much at all about her life pre-trip. She might have had the urge to escape her corporate lifestyle, or not, I just don't know.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSleuth View Post
    BBM - but a ride to where, she was going for a walk. I think if she was actually going to a store or something then it might be hard to refuse a ride, but if you are literally going for a walk fro exercise, I think it would be easy to say no thanks I don't need a ride I am just walking.
    Even though Leanne's intention was to take a walk, she could have been talked into accepting a ride from a neighbor or aquaintance. As mentioned in The Gift of Fear, recommend below by liltexans, a determined perp uses certain conversational techniques to make a potential victim feel guilty about saying No. This plays on the people-pleasing nature of many women, including Leanne. Perps will counter a "No thank you" with something like "You don't need to be afraid of me. I'm just trying to help." That puts the victim on the defensive, trying to prove they don't have suspicions and aren't unduly paranoid. It's a very subtle form of pressure that works all too often.

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    I highly recommend reading the book The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker. I think it should be required reading for all teenage girls and women. De Becker explains why walking around in a state of fear or paranoia will not help you detect danger. You must be able to hear and listen to your own intuition and to trust that you will sense when you are in danger. It's a wonderful book.
    I second your recommendation! After Whitney Heichel's murder here in Oregon, I told all my young friends about The Gift of Fear. IMO it's a bit wordy, but well worth reading. Washington Post advice columnist Carolyn Hax mentions this book a LOT, for good reason. Women are raised to be polite and compliant so they won't be viewed as rude. It's not considered polite to be wary of casual acquaintances or someone offering help. So we walk right into danger to prove we're "nice." I can see Leanne letting down her guard and doing this, even though she had learned to be wary on their trip.
    PLEASE HELP US FIND & SEEK JUSTICE FOR
    STEPHANIE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013

DISCUSSION: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

STEPHANIE'S LINKS:.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=805

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lilibet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    Agree. I don't know how to word this either, but it is pointed out a couple times in their travel blog, her nose is unique. I think, for lack of other unique identifiers, maybe more emphasis should be put on a side view of her nose? I'm not trying to be mean, at all.
    Actually, I recall reading a comment attributed to JB regarding her nose. IIRC, it was something about his being smaller...

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanieBod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Because they placed it there while loading the car. Or placed it near the back trunk of the car while loading the car and drove off without it. I'm not thinking it was latched to the top of the car on purpose.
    I see what you mean. But just to clarify, this is just speculation, right?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elainera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    Texas REALY believes in fences. If you go onto private land, well, you might just be shot. Really. You would definitely be ASKED in unkind terms to ge the H off the land. L probably is aware of this. It sure doesn't take long to realize it.

What I'm saying is I don't see her trying to get over a wire fence and going onto cactus and brush land with no trail not even knowing where she would be going.
    Beats me what LB would do or wouldn't do. I didn't grow up in Georgia, as she did or to know anything about that.

Same thing here in NM. I did have a guy jump my fence. My bull went after him. Funniest thing I've ever seen with some random guy beating feet away from a ticced off bull. I did call LE and report that guy but I was LMAO at the same time.
    "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.

Love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

I hope LE is still investigating Leanne's disappearance.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Solitaryone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanieBod View Post
    Actually, I recall reading a comment attributed to JB regarding her nose. IIRC, it was something about his being smaller...
    No it was about her's being smaller and between the two their kids would have a normal nose. It is in their blog if you need the details. I forget the measurements, but she posted them. It was a cute statement. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:

In regards to the comment about land in Texas. That kind of mentality is not common outside of border towns. Land that is in the path of immigrants can be vigilantly protected, because their property suffers a lot of damage. Things get stolen, etc. If she wandered onto, or purposefully went on fence land anywhere else...she would probably not come into any harm.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    In regards to the comment about land in Texas. That kind of mentality is not common outside of border towns. Land that is in the path of immigrants can be vigilantly protected, because their property suffers a lot of damage. Things get stolen, etc. If she wandered onto, or purposefully went on fence land anywhere else...she would probably not come into any harm.
    The fences are mostly about keeping their livestock contained. These ranches have herds of cattle worth 3 or 4 thousand dollars a head. And most have at least 200 head and some 1000. That is why we have fences. Anything else can be protected 'other' ways. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Nobody has yet disputed the claim that she had her watch with her. Did Josh see her wearing it that day? When was the last time anybody saw her wearing it? Maybe it was in the backpack that fell off the car (actually they owned a truck) so lets make that fell off the tailgate of their truck when they left Enchanted Rock Park.

Can we keep this list going?

It is NOT a "what we know" list. It is a list of things the family has commented on via the official LHB Facebook page. Because so many people were having trouble tracking down and finding the new comments and new answers to questions by LHB's family and friends. When someone finds a new question/answer, comment or request, can we paraphrase it here to keep track?

- Le has told the family that they have looked at camera footage from locations in the 3009/I35 area where she was last spotted
    - The tree trimmer reported Leanne wearing the backpack
    - The job prospect Leanne had actually did call her and email her
    - The WOAI article was inaccurate in saying the family has concluded she voluntarily left Garden Ridge (they still don't know)
    - JB really doesn't think it was planned (LB leaving)
    - LE still has their laptop as of 2/4
    - Only the sightings from the first day have been "verified" (but there have obviously been more sightings since then)
    - She was not wearing glasses (had eye surgery, no need)
    - Backpack was empty except for maybe some power bars and other small items
    - It was usual for her to take her wallet
    - It was not usual for her to take JB's backpack
    - Three confirmed witnesses saw her going toward 35 on 3009
    - Bloodhounds followed her scent in the same direction
    - Mexican border has been alerted about her
    - Family has reached out to shelters in the area and throughout TX
    - All 3 credit bureaus have been contacted and her reports are being monitored
    - She had access to $700 cash that she did not take.
    - Hasn't used her credit cards
    - All friends in US and abroad have been contacted by family and none has reported hearing from her

https://www.facebook.com/ourfriendleannehechtbearden

The fences are mostly about keeping their livestock contained. These ranches have herds of cattle worth 3 or 4 thousand dollars a head. And most have at least 200 head and some 1000. That is why we have fences. Anything else can be protected 'other' ways. jmo
    Yes, I know. I live in Texas. Have my whole life. I was responding to this (I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to quote it): "Texas REALY believes in fences. If you go onto private land, well, you might just be shot. Really. You would definitely be ASKED in unkind terms to ge the H off the land. L probably is aware of this. It sure doesn't take long to realize it."

I was saying that people don't get shot up if they cross land barriers. That kind of violence happens a lot to keep immigrants off their land in border towns, but not other places. That's all I was saying. I couldn't see her getting shot, just for being on someone's land. Not a petite younger woman.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Nobody has yet disputed the claim that she had her watch with her. Did Josh see her wearing it that day? When was the last time anybody saw her wearing it? Maybe it was in the backpack that fell off the car (actually they owned a truck) so lets make that fell off the tailgate of their truck when they left Enchanted Rock Park.
    Perhaps, I missed something. How does the watch factor in?

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blue22 For This Useful Post:

Holy Cow (no pun intended). Cows/steers go for $3-$4 K per head in Texas? Chit ... we need to move. Dang!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanieBod View Post
    I haven't gotten that far yet in my reading. I started at the bottom.

In these 2 posts, do a find on nose. This is what I remembered.

http://www.goexplore365.com/2012/07/...o-bangkok.html
    http://www.goexplore365.com/2012/07/...do-dragon.html

I wasn't sure I was remembering right since it's been a few weeks and I still never read it all.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Josh said on FB that she was wearing a watch...a timex..

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast