CANADA Canada - Jon Michael Riley, 47, Meaford ON, 26, Apr 2013

Sunrisenow

Reaction score
30w5jls.jpg

Grey County OPP have asked for help from the public in locating a Meaford man, who hasn’t been seen in more than nine months.

47-year-old Jon Michael Riley left his Meaford residence around May 1st of 2013, stating that he was going to Toronto for a few days. He does not have a vehicle, and he did not indicate how he was getting to Toronto. His family and friends have not heard from him since then, and have now reported him missing.

Riley is described as being 5-foot-10, 220 pounds, with brown eyes, and short blondish/grey hair. He is a self-employed computer technician, and usually wears blue jeans and a ball hat.

http://blackburnnews.com/midwestern...014/02/06/family-reports-missing-meaford-man/

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...brother-among-bruce-mcarthurs-alleged-victims
Feb 23 2018
MANDEL: Sister waits, fearing missing brother among Bruce McArthur's alleged victims
From Hawaii, Judi Riley was bracing herself for the update from Toronto Police.

For five long years, she has searched for her missing brother Jon. No one listened to her cries, no one trusted her steadfast, from the heart knowledge that he would never have disappeared of his own accord.
He completely vanished off the face of this earth

Judi Riley, sister of man missing since 2013

Now she’s come to believe — and fear — that when her 47-year-old brother left his Meaford home in the spring of 2013 to spend a few days in Toronto, he fell into the web that was Bruce McArthur.
attachment.php

Attachments

• jon-riley-2.jpg
    jon-riley-2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 338
Rbbm.
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/02/25/sister-fears-foul-play-in-meaford-mans-disappearance
attachment.php

Sister fears foul play in Meaford man's disappearance

By Rob Gowan, Sun Times, Owen Sound

Sunday, February 25, 2018
Judi Riley hopes she is wrong, but possible links between her brother Jon and accused serial killer Bruce McArthur have her fearing the worst.
“It wasn't my immediate reaction that Jon was connected, but we just started to connect the dots,” Riley said Saturday. “It is very hard to comprehend how someone like my brother, who has so much light in him, to be surrounded by so much grief.”
In fact, the family holds out hope Jon Riley is alive.
The Meaford man was 47 years old when he went missing in the spring of 2013. He had said he would be in Toronto “for a couple of days,” but was reported missing some time later after he hadn't been heard from.
Riley said her brother worked in landscaping, and she fears he may have come into contact with McArthur, who was himself a landscaper.

“The connection that is there is the terrifying connection of the landscaping, which is kind of his go-to. He would do odd jobs like painting and landscaping,” said Riley. “He really enjoys landscaping and was trying to get in shape so that is the perfect opportunity to combine that.”
Riley said her brother wasn't gay, as were many of the men who are alleged to be McArthur's victims, but she believes he would be in the area where many of the missing were from – the neighbourhood at Church and Wellesley known as The Village.
“The bus comes in and he is right downtown so that is where he would stay, that is where the cheap prices are,” said Riley. “He wasn't a drinker, he wouldn't have gone to bars, but I believe he went down there to meet someone specifically for a job.”
Jon was an avid hiker and rock climber who was also a pilot and accomplished sailor. He would travel extensively, but always maintained contact with family members by phone, e-mail and postcards. Riley said she herself had been in contact with her brother in the weeks leading up to his disappearance and then the contact suddenly stopped.
He was a computer expert and had worked as a computer consultant, but his personal belongings were left at home.

Riley said until they receive some DNA confirmation that her brother is dead, they will never give up hope of finding him alive.

Attachments

• 1298010034883_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1298010034883_ORIGINAL.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 335
Our brother Jon disappeared from Toronto during Project Houston, an investigation into 3 missing persons from gay Village Toronto. Other threads show websleuths figured out the connection to the disappearances before and after Project Houston. We believe Jon was going to toronto to meet someone about a job when he vanished. He did not have his computer with him. I found this timeline on twitter today. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vt0-QhuCG0tZ8eH-M6-ujX-NqYmnEWkDWXfR91pGS-M/htmlview

Thank you for including our brother on your website ❤️ We have repeatedly been told by police that he’s an adult and has a right to disappear.
This makes me so incredibly upset. I'm so very sorry you've been given the same derogatory statement from TPS that so many others have received regarding missing persons.

We just found the exact date of Jon’s disappearance: Friday April 26, 2013
If you can help,
We are seeking 3 things right now:
1) a list of all events that happened the weekend of his disappearance in toronto
2) advice on how to get medical records. Privacy laws have blocked us
3) a list of all missing men in ontario for the time period of Project Houston 11/2012 to 4/14
Thank you 🙏

We just found the exact date of Jon’s disappearance: Friday April 26, 2013
If you can help,
We are seeking 3 things right now:
1) a list of all events that happened the weekend of his disappearance in toronto
2) advice on how to get medical records. Privacy laws have blocked us
3) a list of all missing men in ontario for the time period of Project Houston 11/2012 to 4/14
Thank you ��

Judi, I hope people here can help you out!
I can't stop thinking about your brother.
You are an amazing sister.

Thank you.
That the police have done nothing to help us is heartbreaking.
💔
I hope that protocol for missing persons chances in Canada 🇨🇦 Right now, the assumption is that the person has chosen to vacate their life.

I hate the thought that you've had to do this without the support of police. So sad.
Stay strong.
There are others here who will try to help (and support you).

First, you may want to get yourself recognized as an insider. That means that you will be able to post details without having to post mainstream media links to support your comments.

If any mods can help out here, that would be appreciated.

How do I change my status inthwse forums?
I appreciate the help.
The police aren’t going to solve my brother’s disappearance. Our break is going to come from someone seeing Jon so we can trace his steps since April 26, 2013.
We have absolutely zero information on his whereabouts after he left the house.he usually hopped on the bus to Toronto. The stop is at a convenience store within walking distance to the house. He knew the schedule. So the likelihood that he didn’t make it to Toronto is very slim.
He typically stayed at the Salvation Army shelter. This is the same shelter that Dean was lured from.

How do I change my status inthwse forums?
I appreciate the help.
The police aren’t going to solve my brother’s disappearance. Our break is going to come from someone seeing Jon so we can trace his steps since April 26, 2013.
We have absolutely zero information on his whereabouts after he left the house.he usually hopped on the bus to Toronto. The stop is at a convenience store within walking distance to the house. He knew the schedule. So the likelihood that he didn’t make it to Toronto is very slim.
He typically stayed at the Salvation Army shelter. This is the same shelter that Dean was lured from.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?167277-Verification-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Salvation Army near the Gay Village..
http://thegateway.ca/

These people may be able to help you, they are in the heart of the village.
http://www.the519.org/about

Focus turns to missing in Canadian serial killer case
TORONTO — Judi Riley's 47-year-old brother vanished while on a trip to Toronto nearly five years ago. Her family filed a police report and repeatedly prodded authorities for updates. But there were no leads, until now.

Riley, who lives in Hawaii, started getting emails from friends back in Canada, where she grew up, about the arrest of an alleged serial killer. Potential pieces to a disturbing puzzle began to fall into place.

The suspect, Bruce McArthur, is accused of preying on adult men in a gay neighborhood of Toronto where Jon Riley had spent time. The alleged killer owned a landscaping company, the kind of work Judi Riley said her brother was likely seeking at the time he disappeared.

[...]
96171ff1b55143cf3e474b7ba685853d.jpg

This undated photo provided by Judi Riley shows her brother Jon Riley carrying his nephew at High Park Zoo in Toronto, Canada. Jon went missing in 2013 while on a trip to Toronto but there were no leads until the 2018 arrest of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur who has been charged with six deaths. Jon Riley's case is still open. (Judi Riley via AP)

Police search for more victims of Canadian serial killer as he is linked to an EIGHTH missing gay man

• Toronto police are combing through unsolved murder cases that could be connected to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur
  • McArthur, 66, has so far been charged with killing six gay men in Toronto
  • The 66-year-old was initially arrested on January 18 and charged with murders of Andrew Kinsman, 49, and Selim Esen, 44, - last seen in Toronto's Gay Village
  • He has since been charged with deaths of Soroush Marmudi, Majeed Kayhan and Dead Lisowick, and his former lover Skandaraj 'Skanda' Navaratnam, 40
  • Police are also looking into the udentity of a deceased man they believe is connected to McArthur and previously asked the public for help
  • Police are now looking at possible links between McArthur and Jon Riley's, 47, disappearance in 2013 in Toronto
  • The former mall Santa Claus used multiple dating sites, such as SilverDaddies, to contact 'submissive men of all ages'

Attachments

• 4A67862800000578-0-image-a-26_1521650296531.jpg
    4A67862800000578-0-image-a-26_1521650296531.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 226

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members