799 users online (136 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #2

Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
    A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
    ---
    more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191776
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 02-06-2014 at 09:13 AM.

FL - Michael Dunn on Trial for shooting death of Jordan Davis, 17 #2

Please continue here

Last edited by Coldpizza; 02-06-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Crime scene photos

I'm carrying this over from the end of the first thread as I think the crime scene photos are quite incriminating.

One of my favorite legal bloggers, Andrew Branca, is covering this story. His blog has crime scene photos of the SUV that Dunn shot up. So I searched and found a media source for them (the link is below). I'll also put this in the media thread.

I'm no expert but from the bullet trajectory images, it looks to me like he kept shooting as the teenagers tried to flee. IMO, that is not good for his claims of self defense and that the teens had a weapon. If they had a weapon, how did he get off some many shots without them returning fire? JMO. OMO. MOO.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/evidenc...z/-/index.html
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    I'm carrying this over from the end of the first thread as I think the crime scene photos are quite incriminating.

One of my favorite legal bloggers, Andrew Branca, is covering this story. His blog has crime scene photos of the SUV that Dunn shot up. So I searched and found a media source for them (the link is below). I'll also put this in the media thread.

I'm no expert but from the bullet trajectory images, it looks to me like he kept shooting as the teenagers tried to flee. IMO, that is not good for his claims of self defense and that the teens had a weapon. If they had a weapon, how did he get off some many shots without them returning fire? JMO. OMO. MOO.

And had the door been opened, as MD claims, the bullets would have never hit the victim. jmo

Yep, this one clearly shows he was shooting as the car was backing out. I'm surprised that Jordan is the only kid who was killed in the car.

Is this trial televised or streamed? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Is this trial televised or streamed? Thanks
    Found this one so far:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/watch-m...z/-/index.html

Some reading while we wait for the trial to start.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

we have the clock now.....
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

(CNN) -- It was the day after Thanksgiving 2012, and Michael Dunn had just left his son's wedding. He'd had two drinks but wasn't buzzed, and he and his girlfriend were in a "great mood" -- headed to a nice bed and breakfast in St. Augustine, Florida, where they planned to enjoy a bottle of wine, he told police.
    I'd hate to meet him in a bad mood.

I'm In my front row seat, this should be an interesting case. Jmo

ciao

Steve Patrick: As you can see from the live feed, the proceedings are not starting on time. Once the principals in the trial are in the courtroom, the camera will show the activity -- although this clock shot is probably what you will see when the jury enters and leaves the courtroom to ensure the are not shown on camera

http://www.news4jax.com/news/watch-m...z/-/index.html

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch View Post
    I'm In my front row seat, this should be an interesting case. Jmo

ciao
    Thanks for being there!!!

Can't wait to see your post about all the things we may not see.

Some reading while we wait for the trial to start.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t3
    Thank you for posting this. I did not realize that Dunn left the scene and checked into a resort with his girlfriend right after shooting into the car full of kids. I am at a loss for words. I want to know how the girlfriend thought this was ok and did not act on her own to call police once she found out what had happened.

The shots fired into the car as the kids were LEAVING is IMO shooting someone in the back. Even in the Wild West, that was frowned upon, to put it mildly. This dude needs to go away for a long time. IMO, JMV

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast