GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

skibaboo

Mrs Map
Reaction score
EP-140209840.jpg&MaxW=332

Kayden J. Powell is 5 days old, African American, 20 inches long, 6 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

UPDATED Thursday, February 6, 2014 --- 9:26 a.m.

TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. (AP) -- Authorities are searching for a newborn missing from a Town of Beloit home.

Police say the mother of the baby called 911 about 4:30 a.m. Thursday to report the missing 4-day-old child.

Town Police Chief Steven Kopp tells The Janesville Gazette that two people at the baby's home Wednesday night are being questioned, but there have been no arrests. The FBI is getting involved in the case. FBI spokesman Leonard Peace says local law enforcement officials requested the agency's assistance. He would not comment on whether authorities believe the child was taken across state lines.

The Rock County Sheriff's Department and Beloit police are also working with town officers on the investigation.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html

Federal, state investigators helping investigate missing baby case

TOWN OF BELOIT—The FBI is helping local authorities search for a 4-day-old baby, who was reported missing by his mother at 4:35 a.m. Thursday.

“The FBI is here, the Division of Criminal Investigation is in route, and we've got assistance from the city of Beloit (Police Department) and Rock County Sheriff's Office,” said Steve Kopp, town of Beloit police chief.

The authorities were called Thursday morning by Brianna Marshall, 18, who woke and found her 4-day-old baby, Kayden J. Powell, missing from his bassinette in the room where she was sleeping at 836 E. Homeland Court, he said.

No Amber Alert has been issued because the incident does not meet the criteria, he said

More http://www.gazettextra.com/article/20140206/ARTICLES/140209840

ETA: latest update says that the baby is 5 days old, born Feb 1st. Thread title needs correcting please mods :).

HAPPENING NOW: Town of Beloit police mobilize all resources to find missing newborn

Town of Beloit Police Chief Steve Kopp tells 27 News the newborn's name is Kayden J. Powell. The baby's parents told police they woke up to find their son missing from his basinet, which was in the same room. A friend of the family and a relative who were at the home the night before are being questioned at the police station, but Chief Kopp says they are not in custody. Investigators don't have any suspects.

The Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation, the FBI, the City of Beloit Police Department and the Rock County Sheriff's Office are all assisting in the investigation. Kopp says 20 officers and agents are conducting interviews and processing the house as a crime scene.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24650959/2014/02/06/town-of-beloit-police-search-for-missing-4-day-old-boy

I don't know if I can handle another middle-of-the-night vanishing. 4 days old? :( I hope you're found soon, sweet baby.

I'm not sure what to think.

I don't see anything about whether the house was locked.

My son and DIL have a week-old baby, and my DIL's mother is visiting for a few days. They're so tired that I can imagine if one of the parents heard someone near the baby's bassinet, they would assume it was the other parent or someone else staying in the house.

I'd like to know more about the parents.

I sure hope this little one is found safe.

Mom's twitter was very active tweeting daily even the day she gave birth, but that stopped 2 days ago. Hmmm

I'm not sure what to think.

I don't see anything about whether the house was locked.

My son and DIL have a week-old baby, and my DIL's mother is visiting for a few days. They're so tired that I can imagine if one of the parents heard someone near the baby's bassinet, they would assume it was the other parent or someone else staying in the house.

I'd like to know more about the parents.

I sure hope this little one is found safe.

BBM, Right. When you just give birth and a family member says " ive got this, you rest'' , then you rest !

Mom's twitter was very active tweeting daily even the day she gave birth, but that stopped 2 days ago. Hmmm

I saw that, too. FB seems to be the same. But, brand new baby, you're very busy and tired.

Hoping this little guy is found safe and sound, and warm - it's crazy cold there right now.

I wonder if there is a paternity issue , like perhaps an x boyfriend thinks the baby is his? That's all I got ......... :|

I saw that, too. FB seems to be the same. But, brand new baby, you're very busy and tired.

Hoping this little guy is found safe and sound, and warm - it's crazy cold there right now.

Very true, where are you little guy? :(

I wonder if there is a paternity issue , like perhaps an x boyfriend thinks the baby is his? That's all I got ......... :|

Seems to be issues with the grandmothers and a jealous girlfriend of the dad's comes to mind too. Lots of motivations for taking a baby the first of which is craziness.

I do hope that baby boy is found soon. Very. Soon.

Jeez, unreal poor boy I hope he is being taken care of.

An innocent child caught is dumb adult drama. Makes me ill.

I think our best bet/ hope/ prayer is that whoever has him wants him ALIVE and safe !
:please:

this is terrible, prayers that he is found fast and safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back