Cop cuffs firefighter on call. CA

zwiebel

Reaction score
A cop cuffed a Chula Vista firefighter at the scene of a call out Tuesday 4th, over the parking of his fire truck. The officer told the firefighter to move it, firefighter said he'd have to talk to his chief, officer promptly cuffed firefighter and put him in the back of his patrol car for 30 minutes. No arrest was made.

Chiefs of the respective depts had a long talk after and came out with a statement about having 'the utmost respect' for each others' departments and 'isolated incident'. Mmmm. Wish I was a fly on that wall.

As for the poor victims of the rollover accident the services were attending, who knows? The article just said they were loaded into an ambulance.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ighter-20140206,0,1319891.story#axzz2sYuFA02E

This is absolutely childish. These are grown men with a very important job to do. They need to grow up or choose another career field. Good grief.

The look of disgust on the firefighter's face.....and in the background, victims flat on the floor being treated!

A 12-year veteran of the fire department, too...

Unbelievable. Was the arresting PO the only PO on the scene? If not, why didn't the others speak up & say, "WTH? Knock it off, Officer XYZ, & let this firefighter do his job!" ??

Also, why not let the firefighter follow protocol & call his captain? It would have taken all of what, 10 seconds?

This PO should be ashamed of himself. That poor firefighter must have been so ticked, & rightly so. He was DOING HIS JOB. The PO was not; he was abusing his power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 12-year veteran of the fire department, too...

Unbelievable. Was the arresting PO the only PO on the scene? If not, why didn't the others speak up & say, "WTH? Knock it off, Officer XYZ, & let this firefighter do his job!" ??

Also, why not let the firefighter follow protocol & call his captain? It would have taken all of what, 10 seconds?

This PO should be ashamed of himself. That poor firefighter must have been so ticked, & rightly so. He was DOING HIS JOB. The PO was not; he was abusing his power.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree. This officer should not be interfering with any kind of rescue. He should be ashamed of himself. I can't believe the police chief is unwilling to admit this was wrong. :banghead::banghead:

I hope that cop's house doesn't catch fire. "Golly officer, is so gosh darn hard to find a parking spot for the rig."

Has this cop lost his ever loving mind?

What the heck was he thinking?????

And I believe no matter what happened here if his house was on fire they would save it just as they would anyone else.

I am amazed....

I would say that the cop is lucky that he is not facing charges. Depending on the state, there are laws against interfering with a firefighter who is doing his job. I wonder what the cop wanted to charge the firefighter with. What was the big deal with the firetruck where it was anyway. The firefighter was right to say that he had to confer with the chief to move it.

Hubby and I are both on the local fire dept and we (our dept) have never had an issue with a police officer.

But i remember reading about this incident and one article said that there had been some ongoing friction between the 2 departments so we probably don;t have the full story of why Mr Cop decided to do what he did. Frankly, I am astounded at him. In our dept, we have control of the accident scene and cops are there to assist us, not tell us what to do.

This cop needs to have a psychological assessment to see if he is mentally fit for the job. If he does this to a fire fighter what would he do to joe citizen if he didn't like him?

I'm still trying to figure out where they should have stopped the firetruck. I always see a "buffer car" ( for lack of better word ) behind an ambulance to make sure the patient is blocked from coming traffic. I guess since the ambulance was parked right in front of the firetruck we should be happy that the CHP did not arrest them or make them move also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back