1220 users online (206 members and 1014 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Michael Bauer, 28, Round Rock, 25 Jan 2014

Michael Bauer

ROUND ROCK, Texas --
    The Round Rock Police Department is asking for the public's help in finding 28-year-old Michael Bauer. Police say Bauer was last seen leaving his Round Rock apartment to visit his grandparents in Austin on Jan. 25. Police say Bauer is considered a danger to himself. Family members say Bauer is bi-polar and suicidal.
    http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Round...244065041.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Sad.

There's no description of a car he was driving - I wonder why?

edited to add: Here's another article with a description of a vehicle

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...y-veter/ndGMP/

Bauer, an Army veteran, left his apartment driving his black Nissan Titan pickup, said his mother, Linda Nissen. She said she received a text message from him Jan. 25 that said “I love you,” but never heard anything else from him.

Bauer was last seen wearing a navy blue jacket, blue jeans and brown square toe boots, police said.

http://kxan.com/2014/02/07/round-roc...r-missing-man/

“I texted back ‘I love you 2, what’s up?’” said Linda Niessen, Michael’s mother, sensing something was wrong. “And when he didn’t text back within a minute, (I called and) it went straight to voicemail, and I knew.”

Round Rock police say they’ve tried tracking Michael through his credit cards and cell phone but have had no luck with either, leaving his family fearing the worst.

“We just want him back,” Niessen said. “And if he’s not alive, we just want to bring him home.”

His poor Mom and wife. I hope they'll be able to bring him home very soon.

Finding the truck would be the first step, I think. I never saw any of the highway signs with an alert for this truck.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23507/77

Michael was added to NamUs yesterday.

for Michael and his family...

Namus lists it as a black 2008 Nissan Titan
    License plate has army emblem, Texas GF90VH

Pic of a similar truck, as best as I can tell:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bessie; 02-15-2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: resized image

A big thank you to bessie for resizing that truck pic for me...

Also it is worth noting, the picture I found is a 4 door Titan, they also have 2-door models from that same year, although the appearance is otherwise very similar. To me, the army license plate as mentioned on NAMUS should be somewhat notable. There are about 10 different "Army" related license plates with various service medals on them but since NAMUS just lists it as the US Army emblem I figure they likely mean this plate:

army plate.jpg

Looking at the truck's specs at Edmunds, it has a 28 gallon (!) tank with estimated 12/17 mpg city/hwy, giving it a range of 336 - 476 miles on a full tank, which is huge. If he had cash, of course, he could refuel and we'd never know. Being a dark color, truck could be hard to spot from the air if it's under any tree cover at all.

Story is sad all around. Hope he is found soon.

Thinking of Michael and his family and friends. I think we all see the writing on the wall. And it breaks my heart.
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Not sure if this is related, but a WM in his 30s was found yesterday after being hit by a train.

http://kxan.com/2014/02/15/one-dead-...-hit-by-train/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Not sure if this is related, but a WM in his 30s was found yesterday after being hit by a train.

http://kxan.com/2014/02/15/one-dead-...-hit-by-train/
    I would be surprised if MB was out and about for 3 weeks in between going missing and this event, but it certainly is possible.

I still cannot find a formal identification of the man hit by the train. Given MBs tatoos and the fact his family is actively looking I would think identification wouldn't be this difficult but then again after being run over by a train... I'm not sure...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast