How do you add Avatar?

Casshew said:
Hi Christine... Elf did a tutorial for us at this link

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15179
Thanks Casshew, but that's adding a pic to the signature, I couldn't find how to add an avatar, or did I just overlook that part.

An avatar is different than signature pic. The avatar actually goes with your user name at the top, maybe not possible on here, but would think since the option is here.

Under User CP, it says Edit Avatar, I can't figure out how to add one/edit. It is checked off right now "do not use avatar" ?

I have my own avatar I can upload and also have an avatar sizer (because unlike siggy pics they have to be a certain size on most sites).

Christine... we don't have avatars here at WS - thats why the 'edit your avatar' thingy doesn't work

We can have photos in your signatures though, and that is what like I posted about.

Casshew said:
Christine... we don't have avatars here at WS - thats why the 'edit your avatar' thingy doesn't work

We can have photos in your signatures though, and that is what like I posted about.
Thanks Casshew! Now I get it! That's why it doesn't work hehehehe, now I don't feel like such a dingy!

Okie dokie! By the way...I like your pic in your signature, it's funny :)

When I click on the link for Elf's instructions nothing pops up!
Someone care to review????????

You have to have a picture stored on line with it's url for this to work. On the top menu bar click on user CP (control panel) and then click on edit signature. Now comes the tricky part. A blank canvas so speak appears where you can add text or go fancy and link to an image. I did mine with code but there is an automatic image adding button too. A window pops up with space for you add the url that links to your image.

good luck

one more thing, you want to make sure the option to show images is selected under edit options in the control panel or they won't show.

Just followed the tutorial - it was great and now posting to test

I get the link to my image but now the image itslef. Too big maybe?

mic730 said:
Just followed the tutorial - it was great and now posting to test

I get the link to my image but now the image itslef. Too big maybe?

hey mic730.
you're right that's pretty big, rofl - but the size
isn't the problem... what's blocking the pic from
showing up, is your address. your using the wrong one.
this is what I did:
I clicked on the link you provided -->a new window
opened with your pic -->scroll down to the botttom
of the pic. you'll see a blue hyper-link that says
"5f97cda5.jpg" -->click link -->pic. will open in new
window---> use that address from that window
--> see pic below: (as if you CAN't, LOL)

I take that back, the size IS a problem.
As a matter of fact, this happened to me
yesterday. I posted a photo on a thread, it
was so large it blew out the borders, like
yours is doing. so, if there is anyway you can
resize the pic. smaller, it will work. hope this helps

BTW/ I put your pic up as an example --
if I forget to come back, (probably won't, but just in
case) let me know, I don't want anyone to get mad
since it messes up the borders.
thanks! :)

5f97cda5.jpg

Thanks Izzy!
I will resize the pic and do what you suggested.
I appreciate the kind help.

Help Someone!
I have resized my picture in the signature, but when I preview it, it still shows up pretty big. I'm pretty new at this and not sure how else to do it. Can anyone help me? :eek:

Hi Hopeful, your pic is not too big IMO... I could make it smaller for you if you like.

Hi Casshew! Nice to finally say a real "Hello" to you here at Websleuths:)
That would be great if you could adjust the size. What do you need me
to do?

hopefulangels3ym.jpg

is this okay? if so just save it to your computer and host it where ever you like :)

Awwee..Thanks a bunch Casshew :)
Let's hope it works...LOL!

Cass....I just subscribed to Photoshop, for the pictures. What I am confused about is...when I put the pictures is photoshop, how do I know what size the pictures are going to come out, once I put them on my signature? Confused about that. Where does it tell me what size picture will be. How do I get right size for here? I don't want the picture to be huge...lol,, want to try to do it right the first time. Thanks for your help:blowkiss:

lilpony... to be honest I am not sure.. I used AdobePhotoshop, and what ever size I make the pic... comes out that size on my siggy. I am not sure why for some people their pics show up bigger :confused:

You have to play around with it and experiment :)

lilpony said:
Cass....I just subscribed to Photoshop, for the pictures. What I am confused about is...when I put the pictures is photoshop, how do I know what size the pictures are going to come out, once I put them on my signature? Confused about that. Where does it tell me what size picture will be. How do I get right size for here? I don't want the picture to be huge...lol,, want to try to do it right the first time. Thanks for your help:blowkiss:

And I'm sure it's the backwards way of doing things, but it works for me. After I host it on Photobucket, I then just open a new message in my Outlook Express, and then just insert the image there. (if you don't know how to do this, pm me.)

Then if it's too big, you can go back to the image on Photobucket and you'll see where you can edit it. It gives you the option of making it 75% or 50% or 25% of the original size. The only thing is, you have to start with the larger one to try it, because if you make it too small, you won't be able to change it back to the original size.

Good luck.
Jovin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer