855 users online (175 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UK - Sheerness, Kent, 'Piano Man' mystery, Apr'05 - Andreas Grassl

He has been found, but who is he?

Really interesting story of a young man who was found soaking wet and not talking. The only "communication" so far is that he sat down and played the piano for several hours when given the chance:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4550069.stm

wow.

I don't know if knowing what the pieces of music were that he played, would help at all.
    surely someone out there has to know who he is though.
    I'm sure a man of his talent wouldn't remain a mystery for too long.

Very interesting story! Cant wait to hear how this turns out!

What a talented young man! That drawing was pretty good, he can write music and play. Somebody is bound to recognize him soon. I wonder what happened to him?

strange that he was found soaking wet in a suit and tie!!!

They also said that all the labels were cut off his clothes? Weird...you think this points to foul play?

Doctors think that his lack of communication and amazing musical skills point to autism.

One expert said: “Removing labels from clothing can be obsessional behaviour and a symptom of autism. The fact that this man cannot express himself but displays astonishing musical and artistic talent are other aspects of autism.”

Maybe he fell off a cruise ship or something?

He is good looking. Hope he finds his family.

I was watching a story about this on the Today show this morning. It's amazing that they don't know who he is yet.
    I'd think someone would have called in with his name by now.
    And...the tags cut out of everything he was wearing??? What's up with that?

Sudzi

I think they will find this man's family soon. IT's worth noting however, that he is not some piano virtuoso, one of the people at the hospital said he played only a few pieces and was at best an accomplished ameteur. Somebody somewhere is missing this person and I think that it's only a matter of time before his identity is discovered. I also think he is probably autistic or has some form of disorder.

UK-Mystery Briton Doesn't Speak, Plays Piano

Anybody catch this story out of London? very interesting - I hope they find out who this guy is soon!

LONDON (AP) - Hospital authorities caring for a patient who refuses to talk but willingly plays the piano for hours said Tuesday they were investigating a number of new leads about his identity.

The tall, blond-haired man, who is in his 20s or early 30s, has not said a word since he was found, distressed and dressed in a dripping wet suit, on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent county, southeast England, on April 7.

When staff at the Medway Maritime Hospital in Gillingham gave him writing materials, he drew detailed pictures of a grand piano and, when shown the piano in the hospital chapel, sat down and played for two hours, causing staff to nickname him "Piano Man."

read further:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8A4VM900.html

Yeah I just read this story on the BBC.

Interesting. I hope that they find the family of this man.

I wonder if he was performing somewhere, so that is why he was in a formal suit. Or maybe he came to England for a wedding.

But apparently he does not speak and has "mental health issues." I am thinking autism. Or they are right, he could have had some sort of trauma. Or he has autism and has no current support network, surrounded by strangers, and now feels trauma.

He may have travelled from another part of the U.K. or the EU.

At least he is in a country that is very caring and has excellent medical care.

England is ab fab.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    wow.

I don't know if knowing what the pieces of music were that he played, would help at all.
    surely someone out there has to know who he is though.
    I'm sure a man of his talent wouldn't remain a mystery for too long.
    The latest stories say is isn't overly talented, that the "British press has likened his case to the Oscar-winning 1996 movie "Shine," about acclaimed pianist David Helfgott, who suffered a nervous breakdown while playing. But the man does not seem to be more than an accomplished amateur."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    The latest stories say is isn't overly talented, that the "British press has likened his case to the Oscar-winning 1996 movie "Shine," about acclaimed pianist David Helfgott, who suffered a nervous breakdown while playing. But the man does not seem to be more than an accomplished amateur."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
    there's also another thread about him in the Located forum.
    Perhaps we should discuss this there?? not sure- since he doesn't have an identity.

What I found MOST interesting about this...

is the fact that ALL of the labels had been removed from ALL of his clothing(described as "cut out as opposed to being ripped out"). Almost sounds like someone may have "dumped" him and wants to make it more difficult to put a name to him. I hope I'm wrong-that would be really sad!

Bring Maura home!

I hope SOMEONE can identify this poor guy! He looks so scared. I agree, he could be autistic. That would help explain the musical ability, but no speaking. Also the fact that the tags were cut from his clothes. Maybe that is something he is compulsive about?
    Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark. - Maxine
    Justice for Riley!

A regular gig, finally...

It is an interesting story, if not a complete hoax. Some things just don't add up. This guy is either a very good actor, or a very unfortunate individual. Certainly has an artistic ability to draw and to play the piano.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast