GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
comment #1054 by aa9511 (previous thread):

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Hayes to go on trial for murder of Laura Ackerson -#2

Snipped:

Oooooh good observation! And Grant, I remember from his trial, kind of fluctuating, sometimes unemployed, sometiimes employed here and there. And Amanda IIRC came from a relatively wealthy family?
~~~~~~~~~~~ End of snip ~~~~~~~~~

Hi, aa9511:

Amanda did not come from a wealthy family. She was married 4 times if I remember correctly (she was in her teens when she married for the first time). Grant Hayes is husband #4.

She married the attorney who handled her divorce from husband #2.

Apparently, he had money, investments, home, etc. She inherited his money.

There is a poster here that researched and found assets that Amanda inherited in TX.

I think a poster here stated Amanda has/had a real estate and cosmetology license. Whether she ever worked in those fields . . . I don't know.

I think Sha testified at one of the trials that her mom worked in a bar at one time.

Maybe Amanda was allergic to work and sought men who might be able to bank roll her one day! lol :floorlaugh:

Hopefully, the poster that has the scoop on Amanda will be able to provide you with info about her background and money she inherited.

One thing is a fact: AH did not come from a wealthy family. At times she lived with her sister, Karen Berry.

If you havent read the excellent recent piece on former Amazing Race contestant Hera McLeod in the Washington Post, you should. I will definitely be watching the Joaquin Rams trial. He makes GH look like a choirboy and we know that's hard to do. Some eerie similarities between Rams and GH.

I wish I had not looked at this.
Honestly I do not think I could watch this trial. I can't take it when it is children, and the younger/smaller they are the more it gets to me.
I know it should not matter who, what, when, where, or what age a victim is...it just makes my stomach churn and my heart hurt even MORE when it is babies/toddlers.
(Not that I do not appreciate your post and info about this Irish, thank you. I just hope that ****** burns for eternity after spending many brutal years in prison :furious:).

Amanda's marriages:

1. Mr. Elmer. This is Sha's dad.

2. Her divorce attorney from above marriage. Not sure if she inherited anything or got any assets from him. I highly doubt it due to his connections and being a divorce attorney.

3. N. Smith. This guy was the wealthy one. He owned some kind of business. He left Amanda a trust fund that paid her every month (I don't know how long it lasted). Presumably, she also received life insurance payout(s). He also left her property that per tax records amounted to about 250,000 to 300,000. He also bought her expensive jewelry such as a Rolex, diamond necklaces, rings, etc. Smith was in a diving accident, was paralyzed, and died at home (presumably from natural causes).

4. Grant Hayes. Murderer.

comment #1054 by aa9511 (previous thread):

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Hayes to go on trial for murder of Laura Ackerson -#2

Snipped:

Oooooh good observation! And Grant, I remember from his trial, kind of fluctuating, sometimes unemployed, sometiimes employed here and there. And Amanda IIRC came from a relatively wealthy family?
~~~~~~~~~~~ End of snip ~~~~~~~~~

Hi, aa9511:

Amanda did not come from a wealthy family. She was married 4 times if I remember correctly (she was in her teens when she married for the first time). Grant Hayes is husband #4.

She married the attorney who handled her divorce from husband #2.

Apparently, he had money, investments, home, etc. She inherited his money.

Part of my comment up-thread could be confusing to some.

When I commented that he had money, etc. I am referring to the attorney who handled Amanda's divorce from husband #2.

Amanda inherited money and assets from husband #3 (the attorney who handled her divorce from #2).

Personally, I think Amanda was fascinated with Grant Hayes and thought he was "on the road" to becoming a super celebrity one day which in turn would mean $$$$$ for her . . . one day! Kind of like a "groupie" mentality for Amanda! lol JMO

Originally Posted by Irish Eyes
If you havent read the excellent recent piece on former Amazing Race contestant Hera McLeod in the Washington Post, you should. I will definitely be watching the Joaquin Rams trial. He makes GH look like a choirboy and we know that's hard to do. Some eerie similarities between Rams and GH.

OMGosh and Whew! Irish -- I just read and printed a Washingtonian article about this IMO monster. The very suspicious death of his 15-month old son has now opened the door to the also suspicious deaths of his former girlfriend (fatal gunshot to head) and his mother (62-y/o, "suicide").

see
http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/the-wrong-one/

I definitely saw immediate, definite & scary parallels between Joaquin Rams (his legal & made-up name for himself.....kinda like, maybe, "Haze") and GH. Another singer of the highest rank <choke>, sponger, super-narcissist, etc., etc., and IMO, murderer.

I want to see this trial, too. Do you have any info on where & when? I didn't see any in the quick reading I did about this ~man~.

Friday, Becky Holt said they had 2 more witnesses. I'm guessing one of them is lead detective Jerry Faulk. Maybe they'll call the convict who ratted on GH? He implicated AH as well.

I heard that Patsy Hayes was on the witness list. I can't imagine her testifying for AH's benefit. Wonder if she'll actually get called on to testify...

Friday, Becky Holt said they had 2 more witnesses. I'm guessing one of them is lead detective Jerry Faulk. Maybe they'll call the convict who ratted on GH? He implicated AH as well.

I heard that Patsy Hayes was on the witness list. I can't imagine her testifying for AH's benefit. Wonder if she'll actually get called on to testify...

Is Patsy Hayes Grant's mother?
Did Grant's parents testify at his trial?
I watched much of it on YouTube and didn't catch them.

Is Patsy Hayes Grant's mother?
Did Grant's parents testify at his trial?
I watched much of it on YouTube and didn't catch them.

Hi, Chelly!

Patsy Hayes is Grant's mother.

Grant's parents did not testify at his trial.

If you would like to review any of the testimony from Grant's trial, WRAL - Raleigh, NC, has it archived. There are several pages of videos from Grant Hayes' trial here:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/12826513/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC --- Archives: Grant Hayes murder trial video

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/9925558/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- current as of 2/9/14
Archive: Laura Ackerson murder case

At the above Link, you can also click on the following archives:

Laura Ackerson homicide investigation
Full coverage of the investigation into the July 2011 homicide of Laura Jean Ackerson and developments leading to trial.

Grant Hayes murder trial coverage
Full coverage of Grant Hayes's first-degree murder trial in the death of Laura Ackerson.

Grant Hayes murder trial video
Video from the first-degree murder trial of Grant Hayes.

Amanda Hayes murder trial coverage
Full coverage of Amanda Hayes's first-degree murder trial in the death of Laura Ackerson.

Amanda Hayes murder trial video

Video from the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For convenience:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/13329437/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC (current as of 2/9/14)

Amanda Hayes murder trial video

bb

:waitasec: I don't think the PT would call her this "late" in their CIC since they would want to close with a knock-out punch, seems to me. IMO, she would have to say that AH planned everything because AH was the one with the $$, and all poor GH could do was to do whatever she said. As the mother of GH, who has already been convicted of 1st Murder and in jail for life, I think she would be seen as a weak and highly biased witness. Not a good way to finish-up.

If she were to be called by the DT, she would have to lay all the blame on her own son. He threatened her with the life of her daughter and her own life as well, etc., etc. -- I don't see this happening, but I guess it's possible...

Yeah, Boodles, if I'm reading you right, I don't see it happening, either.:notgood:

To clarify AH's marriage history, here it is, as far as has been revealed:

1. Scott Elmer, Sha's father
2. Ron Adamson, attorney who handled her divorce
3. Nicky Smith, who died, leaving her property, $ in trust, jewelry, etc.
4. The convicted murderer, GH

I don't know about Adamson, but the others were pretty short marriages, like a few years max. But hey, if she remains married to the convicted murderer while imprisoned, that could set a record for her. Or maybe the Gaskins are throwing in a freebie divorce with her murder defense.

To clarify AH's marriage history, here it is, as far as has been revealed:

1. Scott Elmer, Sha's father
2. Ron Adamson, attorney who handled her divorce
3. Nicky Smith, who died, leaving her property, $ in trust, jewelry, etc.
4. The convicted murderer, GH

I don't know about Adamson, but the others were pretty short marriages, like a few years max. But hey, if she remains married to the convicted murderer while imprisoned, that could set a record for her. Or maybe the Gaskins are throwing in a freebie divorce with her murder defense.

My impression is that she was financially secure until she met Grant. From reading here, I also get the impression that Amanda is a bit like a groupie that was a bit "mad" and thought that she would win the "star" if she sacrificed the most money. Somewhere along the way, she discovered that his children were really important to him for whatever reason, so she also gave him a child. She got what she wanted. She's broke, married to a murderer, and her future is empty. I still have a difficult time believing that a 40 year old was naively involved in a murder. Given her life history, that, in itself, doesn't sound realistic.

I wish I had not looked at this.
Honestly I do not think I could watch this trial. I can't take it when it is children, and the younger/smaller they are the more it gets to me.
I know it should not matter who, what, when, where, or what age a victim is...it just makes my stomach churn and my heart hurt even MORE when it is babies/toddlers.
(Not that I do not appreciate your post and info about this Irish, thank you. I just hope that ****** burns for eternity after spending many brutal years in prison :furious:).

I get what you are saying. I will watch for Hera. We have had some minor conversation due to her blog and FB page (Cappuccino Queen for those interested.) She really is an amazing person. If I can steal the laptop from my hubby tonight I will set up an Awaiting Trial thread to avoid clogging this one more.

Kinston attorney testifies in Hayes murder trial

By Bryan C. Hanks / Editor
Kinston Free Press - Kinston, NC

Published: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 18:44 PM.

hayes-trial.jpg

Kinston attorney Jon Sargeant testified Friday in the
Amanda Hayes murder trial. Sargeant was a child
custody lawyer for Laura Ackerson, the woman
Hayes is accused of killing in July 2011.

Bryan C. Hanks / The Free Press

RALEIGH – Kinston attorney Jon Sargeant took center stage on Day nine of testimony in the Amanda Perry Hayes murder trial.

Sargeant was the attorney for Laura Jean Ackerson, the woman Hayes is accused of killing in July 2011.

Snipped:

Testimony from Dr. Ann Ross, a professor in forensic anthropology, began late Friday and will continue at 9:30 a.m. on Monday.

The prosecution announced it only has two more witnesses remaining on its list and Wake County Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens instructed the defense team to be ready to begin its case.

Above bolded by Ann-Tx

Read more:

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/kinston-attorney-testifies-in-hayes-murder-trial-1.274645?page=0

I get what you are saying. I will watch for Hera. We have had some minor conversation due to her blog and FB page (Cappuccino Queen for those interested.) She really is an amazing person. If I can steal the laptop from my hubby tonight I will set up an Awaiting Trial thread to avoid clogging this one more.

Great idea, Irish. I would like to keep up with this one, too. Another husband/partner who thought he was smarter than everyone else -- including homicide investigators who have seen it all. And insurance-fraud investigators who have also seen it all. Any idea about the trial -- when??

What izzit about these killers who think they are that smart? Narcissus, it is YOU! GH is in the slammer, along with some others we have seen... LE is much, much smarter than a lot of folks think. We know bettah! And I think we'll hear from Lt. (is that his rank/title?) Faulk tomorrow. Another good one who is sharp, smart, and one who is tuff to fool.
icon6.gif

See you all tomorrow, and as we know by now, Don't Be Late! :eek:fftobed:

OMGosh and Whew! Irish -- I just read and printed a Washingtonian article about this IMO monster. The very suspicious death of his 15-month old son has now opened the door to the also suspicious deaths of his former girlfriend (fatal gunshot to head) and his mother (62-y/o, "suicide").

see
http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/the-wrong-one/

I definitely saw immediate, definite & scary parallels between Joaquin Rams (his legal & made-up name for himself.....kinda like, maybe, "Haze") and GH. Another singer of the highest rank <choke>, sponger, super-narcissist, etc., etc., and IMO, murderer.

I want to see this trial, too. Do you have any info on where & when? I didn't see any in the quick reading I did about this ~man~.

Looks like the next conference date set is for 2/19. Prince William County Virginia has jurisdiction for both cases I believe. Perhaps we'll know more then, but as it's two murders, and one is capital, it could take a while yet. There was a thread in the crimes against children forum that I've asked the mods to move over to the Currently Awaiting Trial forum now that he's been charged. I'll link it here when that happens.

My impression is that she was financially secure until she met Grant. From reading here, I also get the impression that Amanda is a bit like a groupie that was a bit "mad" and thought that she would win the "star" if she sacrificed the most money. Somewhere along the way, she discovered that his children were really important to him for whatever reason, so she also gave him a child. She got what she wanted. She's broke, married to a murderer, and her future is empty. I still have a difficult time believing that a 40 year old was naively involved in a murder. Given her life history, that, in itself, doesn't sound realistic.

I'm totally cynical. I think Grant wanted to have another child because I think he thought it would help him in the custody case. He'd argue the siblings should all get to live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100