1573 users online (255 members and 1318 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Jaquari Dancy, 4, found strangled, Chicago, 14 May 2005

Chicago woman charged with strangling 4-year-old son

CHICAGO (AP) A woman was charged Monday with strangling her 4-year-old son after he disobeyed her instruction to stay home while she left to do laundry, police said.

Nicole Harris, 23, was charged with murder in the Saturday death of Jaquari Dancy. She remained in custody in lieu of $1 million bond.

Prosecutors said Harris left the boy and his 5-year-old brother home alone as she did the laundry. She discovered the boy outside when she returned about 45 minutes later, beat him with a belt and sent him to his room, prosecutors said.

When he would not stop crying, she wrapped a sheet from the top bunk of a bunk bed around his neck and strangled him until he stopped moving, then returned to the coin-operated laundry, according to prosecutors.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0516/harris_ap.html

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Hmmm...how should we deal with this....I know strangle her!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Chicago woman charged with strangling 4-year-old son

CHICAGO (AP) A woman was charged Monday with strangling her 4-year-old son after he disobeyed her instruction to stay home while she left to do laundry, police said.

Nicole Harris, 23, was charged with murder in the Saturday death of Jaquari Dancy. She remained in custody in lieu of $1 million bond.

Prosecutors said Harris left the boy and his 5-year-old brother home alone as she did the laundry. She discovered the boy outside when she returned about 45 minutes later, beat him with a belt and sent him to his room, prosecutors said.

When he would not stop crying, she wrapped a sheet from the top bunk of a bunk bed around his neck and strangled him until he stopped moving, then returned to the coin-operated laundry, according to prosecutors.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0516/harris_ap.html
    This story literally makes me sick. Some parents have a very distorted view of their role as supervisor and guardian of their children.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs4point0
    This story literally makes me sick. Some parents have a very distorted view of their role as supervisor and guardian of their children.

This beotch makes me sick too. The mere fact that she left a 4 and 5 year old at home alone is enough to make me want to slap her.

There are no circumstances justifying leaving children this young alone. She could have taken them with her to do laundry ... she could have found a family member/neighbor/friend to watch them if she needed a break.

I need a break from parents abusing / killing their children .....

wordsnmorewords is offline Blessed are they who maintain justice; who constantly do what is right.PSALM 106

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    There are no circumstances justifying leaving children this young alone. She could have taken them with her to do laundry ... she could have found a family member/neighbor/friend to watch them if she needed a break.

I need a break from parents abusing / killing their children .....
    I just read this article http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=6&sid=205439 that states that the father was home at the time of the strangulation, but did not know the son was dead until the mother came home. Hello???????

<snip>The boy's father was apparently sleeping in the home when the child was strangled but did not notice he was dead until Harris returned, Simonton said.
    Last edited by wordsnmorewords; 05-16-2005 at 08:13 PM. Reason: add snip from article

The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.
    Author:
    James Russell Lowell

I'm not so foolish as to think truth and justice must inevitably triumph simply because they deserve to, but liars ultimately destroy the things they lie to protect, and corruption, ambition, and betrayal inevitably betray themselves, as well.

DAVID WEBER, By Schism Rent Asunder

Nicole Harris

Sentence Date: 10/04/2006

Offense: Murder/Intent to Kill/Injure
    Sentence: 30 years

Projected Release Date: 05/06/2035

03/13/2009 - Judgment affirmed by appeals court.

30 years pffttttt

sentence should be the same she gave him.........hanging

She'll be only 53 when she gets out. Heaven help any children that might get "in her way".

A person who would do something like this should be executed or locked up for life.

Feature article from January 2014:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...jaquari-diante

As she marks her 32nd birthday Sunday, Nicole Harris is navigating job interviews and graduate school applications. She's discovering just how delicate the relationship between a mother and her teenage son can be. She is constantly on the hunt for a good book.

Yet still there are moments she yearns for the quiet of her prison cell.

Nine years ago, Harris was a young mother of two who'd overcome tremendous obstacles to earn a college degree. Her boys, Jaquari and Diante, were just 4 and 5, but she was already thinking about where she might someday send them to college.

Then Jaquari died. And she was convicted of killing him.

Harris spent almost eight years behind bars before an appeals court, raising serious questions about her conviction, reversed it. And on a bright winter day nearly a year ago, she was set free.