810 users online (108 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    In terms of defense appeals, other than the comments from Nencini, on what basis do the defendants have justification for an appeal? We still don't know why Bongiorno requested that a photo of Sollecito's hands be admitted into evidence. The request was made at the beginning of the appeal, but nothing was said about it (at least nothing that was reported in the news). I'm curious whether an appeal could be made referencing that photo. For example, there was speculation that the defense would argue that his fingernails were too short to deposit DNA. I don't believe that, but is there something I'm missing? Was the request for the photo a random request?

Sollecito has been saying that he should not be convicted because someone else is "peculiar". Could that be an appeal point? Bongiorno has already described Knox as Amelie, and she made a reference to Roger Rabbit. Is she going to argue that Knox is so odd that she was misinterpreted as a murderer and that Sollecito, by association, is painted with the same brush?

Sollecito has also said that there is no evidence against him, and only some evidence against Knox. Will his appeal identify the evidence that stands against Knox (statements) and re-state that the evidence has nothing to do with Sollecito?

I wonder if there will be an appeal on the basis that there was prejudice against Sollecito because they were tried together.
    But, IMO, it's too late. That would be like someone pleading not-guilty, and then after jury convicts on 1st degree murder, turns around and says, oh I should have plead to 2nd degree murder. Or something like that. That's the risk they decided to take from the beginning.

IMO, it's too late. He can appeal things of substance, having to do with his trial. But he can't change his entire trial strategy.

IMO.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    But, IMO, it's too late. That would be like someone pleading not-guilty, and then after jury convicts on 1st degree murder, turns around and says, oh I should have plead to 2nd degree murder. Or something like that. That's the risk they decided to take from the beginning.

IMO, it's too late. He can appeal things of substance, having to do with his trial. But he can't change his entire trial strategy.

IMO.
    Well, he never admitted to having any part whatsoever in the crime. If his attorneys want to use Nencini's remarks to drive the wedge in on this aspect of his being brought in on suspicion of Amanda's criminal culpability, I think they can and will. (although of course I may be wrong, and you right )
    Last edited by SMK; 02-09-2014 at 11:10 AM.

This is the topic of the thread... Please post accordingly... stay on topic with related subject material...

The Nencini Verdict and it's impact on the future : A thread to discuss how the court ruled, why, and what will be next....
    Discuss possible defense appeals and the likely outcome of the Supreme Court of Cassation...

It will be interesting to see what this court comes up with for a motive. Will they repeat the silly claim from the first trial that smoking marijauna led to violence or come up with a new and equally bizarre theory?

So Nencini followed the orders as was expected of him. Saving face of the police force, as Crini put it in his argument.
    Just following orders in not an excuse for the monstrous and evil thing he did, I think he knows it and it will haunt him.

JMO

What orders? Do you have a link/cite to that?

What monstrous and evil thing? Following the evidence and the testimony?
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Quote Originally Posted by Footwarrior View Post
    It will be interesting to see what this court comes up with for a motive. Will they repeat the silly claim from the first trial that smoking marijauna led to violence or come up with a new and equally bizarre theory?
    What court?

What motive? There is no need for a motive and only speculation based on incomplete evidence to guess at in the first place. Ask AK on her blog or email RS might be the only chance.

The Supreme Court verifies or rejects the ruling of N. N court has decided that the 1st instance trial was correct. The SC rejected (annuled) Hellmann's appeal verdict as being unsound and illogical.

Motive is a thing of TV IMO... alot of murders don't have any at all.

Would a prank like the one she did before that escalated be one? Maybe

Would a violent assault including RG induced by rage be one? Maybe

Would a drug induce stupor and lack of restraint lead to murder? Maybe

Would jealousy, anger and other emotions come flooding to the surface during an experiment with harder substances? Maybe

Would absolute stupidy lead to murdering someone for no reason. Maybe

Would following your new girlfriends lead make you do something you might regret? Maybe

Would the chance for new experiences lead to something getting out of hand and there was no turning back? Maybe

Maybe is the word that only leaves you guessing.

<modsnip>

http://www.coe.int/t/DGHL/cooperatio...P_16_Italy.pdf

According to the link above, Italy has a code of ethical conduct applicable to judges. Unfortunately, I have do idea what it says as the lfurther link provided (below) is in Italian and is a pdf. From the first link:

Does your country have a Code of Ethics or equivalent for judges? (please specify)
    Italy was the first, among European countries, to have a code of ethics for judges (and prosecutors). Reference to it is contained in Opinion no. 3 of the CCJE. For the background to the adoption of the ethical code, please see Italy’s answer to the questionnaire in preparation of Opinion no. 3. The code was amended in November 2010, and the new version is available on the CCJE’s website as an appendix to an article
    (http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/cooperatio...agna_Carta.pdf ).
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 02-11-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: snipped quoted post

Hey Karmandy. Every judge in the case has made statements outside of court. Do you feel like he broke some rule or violated RS's rights in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    Hey Karmandy. Every judge in the case has made statements outside of court. Do you feel like he broke some rule or violated RS's rights in any way?
    I would think so, especially since there's an inquiry. I wish I could read the rules, since I'm sure that would clear it up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    What court?

What motive? There is no need for a motive and only speculation based on incomplete evidence to guess at in the first place. Ask AK on her blog or email RS might be the only chance.

The Supreme Court verifies or rejects the ruling of N. N court has decided that the 1st instance trial was correct. The SC rejected (annuled) Hellmann's appeal verdict as being unsound and illogical.

Motive is a thing of TV IMO... alot of murders don't have any at all.

Would a prank like the one she did before that escalated be one? Maybe

Would a violent assault including RG induced by rage be one? Maybe

Would a drug induce stupor and lack of restraint lead to murder? Maybe

Would jealousy, anger and other emotions come flooding to the surface during an experiment with harder substances? Maybe

Would absolute stupidy lead to murdering someone for no reason. Maybe

Would following your new girlfriends lead make you do something you might regret? Maybe

Would the chance for new experiences lead to something getting out of hand and there was no turning back? Maybe

Maybe is the word that only leaves you guessing.
    Everyone makes mistakes in life. It's just that their mistake was a huge one. HUGE. And for HUGE mistakes, there are prices one must pay. There are no winners in any of this.

Probably many murderers in prison think, if only, if only. If only I hadn't lost my temper, if only I hadn't been so stupid, if only I had just let it go. If only I had just gotten a divorce. . And, of course, for the accidental ones, I imagine the feeling is worse. If only such-and-such thing had happened and I didn't go there that night. If only I had made this choice instead. IDK, I am not a murderer, so obviously all of this I'm not completely sure about, but I imagine the majority feel some of these emotions.

And there are the ones with severe psychopathic problems, who don't feel anything. Or who wouldn't change anything. Or who have deluded themselves into thinking they really did nothing wrong.

Amanda and RS would be in the first category. IMO. But for what they did, no matter how it happened, there is a price to pay. That's just the way it is. They can't go back and change anything, there are no do-overs.

So I thought your post was just so spot-on, dgfred. It happened. For whatever reason it happened, that doesn't change the fact that it still happened. So IMO the calls of "no motive" are empty calls.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    I would think so, especially since there's an inquiry. I wish I could read the rules, since I'm sure that would clear it up pretty well.
    No one complained when Hellman did the same thing, but had there been a complaint, the result would have been the same: an inquiry. Regardless, I doubt that it will make any difference to the appeal, the verdict, or the outcome. Remember all the discussion about a prosecutor having a complaint against him, and all the talk about how he was somehow a bad prosecutor? Nothing came of it. Complaints against prosecutors are a dime a dozen, as there are dozens of disgruntled convicts. Here, we have a couple of disgruntled convicted murderers complaining because a Judge made a random comment in the corridor. Complaining won't make them innocent.

Knock it off in here. Can you all read minds? What the Heck!

Knock it off.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
    Disgraceful. The real killer - the sole killer - is now free to go to school while the authorities continue to pursue two innocents.
    It takes a real strength of character to admit you were wrong. [modsnip]

Admitting a mistake is even harder when professional reputations are on the line. [modsnip]

The Nencini verdict is the Italian justice system declaring that it does not make mistakes. [modsnip] We need to remember that beneath the wigs and robes are fallible humans.
    Last edited by Salem; 02-11-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Stay on topic please and remember to state things as opinion.

I moved a bunch of posts to the thread discussing Guede's day releases. Please have that discussion here: Rudy Guede now eligible for day release - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem
    Last edited by KateB; 05-19-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast