Defending Foster

A

ajt400

Originally posted by Shylock
How would you and Ajt know a thing about Steve Thomas, when both of you readily admit that you've had your heads up your own butts and never read his book?

Sheeesh, that's about as stupid to me as a couple of deaf people passing judgement on some composer's music....DUH

How do you know anything on Steve Thomas' character? You know him? Just because I won't read his book, does not make me an idiot. Just because I don't quote the Nat'l Enquirer like it's the Bible doesn't make me an idiot, either. But, if I believe him to be lying, why waste my time?

I would rather read the case files than someones opinion on the case.

However, if you haven't read Steve's book, it's kind of difficult to find out where he's coming from and the situation in Boulder from the lead detective of this case, standpoint. Agree? It sure couldn't hurt, IMO.

I think Steve's an awesome guy, too bad I wasn't there to be a crusader for him in Boulder, LOL, like I could have helped. But you can put me on his ally list. Proudly so.

Thanks, ajt400. I understand iffen yah don' wanna, but the book DOES give a great insight as to Boulder's attitude and the circumstance around JB's murder investigation. Even if you don't like Steve, there's some great Boulder mucky muck info in there for a person to sift through and come to some conclusions. Knowledge is power and reading an extra book couldn't hurt. Thanks for you nice post.

Originally posted by Imon128
Quote:

" I too am tired of the one-liner person who does nothing but repeat the same ole same ole. No substance to posts, no research, no quotes from books, etc... Just a "ya I agree!"

Oh, I am sorry, I thought I was posting on a forum on the internet! It totally slipped me by that I needed to do my research first! (FYI--I get alot of research from this very forum) Next time I will be sure to email my first and second drafts to all so you can make corrections and let me know what I am doing wrong! This is not US History, nor is it school, so I post from the top pf my head, is there a rule against this? (Just because something is written or on the internet does not make it true!)

AJT,

The above does NOT refer to you.

I will say no more, but it wasn't meant for you

Also, ajt, this does NOT refer to you.....you are very polite and a good poster.

Hi all. Just wanted to pop in for a minute :)

ajt even if you don't believe Thomas' theory on the case his book, like Imon128 said, is a great look at the underbelly of Boulder politics. For that reason alone Thomas' book should be read by those interested in the case. JMHO.

I have an extra copy of the paperback. I would be glad to send it along to you if you like.

I agree with what eveyone says ajt. You are polite. You can agree to disagree without getting nasty. That is a great quality.

Hi Tricia! Good to see you here. I must apologize if ajt took that reference to him/her. Barbara knows exactly what we were talking about. Enough of that.

Yes, Steve's book is a good read, regardless of where a person stands on the case. I've even read Singular's and Douglas' books, teehee. Sift, baby, sift. :D

Originally posted by ajt400
But, if I believe him to be lying, why waste my time?
I would rather read the case files than someones opinion on the case.
YOU can't believe him to be ANYTHING--you aren't qualified to hold an opinion since you didn't read the book.
And if you ever do read his book, you will find out REAL quick that it is not a book of opinions, it's loaded with case facts.

If I tell you all about life in New Zealand all I'm going to do is sound like an idiot---because I've never been there.

Hi Imon128. Good to see you too.

A member of my family is a retired professor. The most uninterested in the Ramsey case person I have ever known.

I gave him Steve Thomas' book and he didn't put it down until he had read the whole thing. Now he is hooked.

No matter what your theory on the case Thomas' book is compelling. IMHO of course.

Imon, what is your take on Singular's book? I am curious because he coauthored a book with John Douglas that was recently released.

Hi Sabrina. It's been awhile since I read his book but I do recall that it was not on my fav's list. And I've not used it for a reference book, but I'll grab it off my JB bookcase and review it again to give a better answer.

I think as PROFILER John Douglas is great .

As a writer? Maybe he should stay far far away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back