1179 users online (243 members and 936 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Would you breastfeed a puppy to save it's life?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 36.67%
  • No

40 44.44%
  • I breastfed my emu, what's the big deal?

10 11.11%
  • Other - Please explain

7 7.78%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Would you breastfeed a puppy to save its life?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/08/would-...-life-4295678/

Would you breastfeed a puppy to save its life?
    Saturday 8 Feb 2014 12:30 pm

...‘He wasn’t moving and I just did it,’ she told news station KRDO-TV when explaining her decision to breastfeed the animal.

‘I didn’t know what else to do, I was desperate and I just couldn’t bear sitting there watching it die.’...

Tough call here, I'm not a woman, but if I did it, I'd never tell anyone EVER!

Did the puppy live? Did she put it to the breast or did she feed it expressed milk?
    I have heard of firefighter giving dogs mouth to mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marg from Oz View Post
    Did the puppy live? Did she put it to the breast or did she feed it expressed milk?
    I have heard of firefighter giving dogs mouth to mouth.
    Read the article and all of your questions will be answered. There's a video too.

we were talking about this on FB today. Lots of questions about why didn't she just take the pup to the vet. When I adopted my 2nd furbaby she was very very tiny and sick, and I had to feed her water with a dropper. I ended up taking her to the vet and $200.00 later she was hydrated and well enough to take formula.

Why did she film it if she was so embarrassed? How did the media get wind of it? Was it from the lactating puppy mom herself?

I found myself in the twilight zone when someone suggested I look up women breastfeeding animals on you tube. Unfortunately I witnessed women feeding goats, pigs, dogs, and cats. Even a starving child nursing off a dog.

If you do google that stuff, it's not for the faint of heart.

My best advice would be take your fur baby to a vet, or get a dropper and feed him/her canine/kitty formula.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    we were talking about this on FB today. Lots of questions about why didn't she just take the pup to the vet. When I adopted my 2nd furbaby she was very very tiny and sick, and I had to feed her water with a dropper. I ended up taking her to the vet and $200.00 later she was hydrated and well enough to take formula.

Why did she film it if she was so embarrassed? How did the media get wind of it? Was it from the lactating puppy mom herself?

I found myself in the twilight zone when someone suggested I look up women breastfeeding animals on you tube. Unfortunately I witnessed women feeding goats, pigs, dogs, and cats. Even a starving child nursing off a dog.

If you do google that stuff, it's not for the faint of heart.

My best advice would be take your fur baby to a vet, or get a dropper and feed him/her canine/kitty formula.

Just my opinion.

Mel
    Ditto!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Some people can be ridiculous...
    This justice system is so one-sided on so many levels...

First I'd have to know if breastfeeding a puppy makes me a b itch.

Not being a producer of milk, I voted no.

Wink

Animals have been known to cross nurture orphans.
    I will refrain from judging. Glad the pup is now doing well.
    It seems like an emergency situation that has been brought to a Vet's attention.

Issues she has
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

I have worked with animals my whole life. There are A LOT of things that can be done, that doesn't involve my breast in a puppies mouth. What kind of person's mind even GOES there?

I voted 'other'. Here's why: There was no option for 'Not only no, but HECK NO'.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

I am so confused!! When I see a puppy that needs a life saving intervention, I immediately think of taking it to a vet.... I would never think to let this puppy suckle on my breast to save it's life. Is there something wrong with me???

Hope this woman doesn't come in contact with a male dog that needs some sexual loving!!

i'm not sure i could get past the thought of puppy teeth lol !!!!!!!!
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I practically had to stand upside down, wearing a bat cape, while chanting a heartfelt plea to the La Leche League Goddess just to get my daughter to think about latching.

A puppy ? A puppy's jaw is not designed to accommodate the human, female breast (and vice versa).

I feel like we are being trolled.
    Unverified Mental Health Professional

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast