Would you breastfeed a puppy to save its life?

Would you breastfeed a puppy to save it's life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/08/would-you-breastfeed-a-puppy-to-save-its-life-4295678/

Would you breastfeed a puppy to save its life?
Saturday 8 Feb 2014 12:30 pm

...‘He wasn’t moving and I just did it,’ she told news station KRDO-TV when explaining her decision to breastfeed the animal.

‘I didn’t know what else to do, I was desperate and I just couldn’t bear sitting there watching it die.’...

Tough call here, I'm not a woman, but if I did it, I'd never tell anyone EVER!

Did the puppy live? Did she put it to the breast or did she feed it expressed milk?
I have heard of firefighter giving dogs mouth to mouth.

Did the puppy live? Did she put it to the breast or did she feed it expressed milk?
I have heard of firefighter giving dogs mouth to mouth.

Read the article and all of your questions will be answered. There's a video too. :loveyou:

we were talking about this on FB today. Lots of questions about why didn't she just take the pup to the vet. When I adopted my 2nd furbaby she was very very tiny and sick, and I had to feed her water with a dropper. I ended up taking her to the vet and $200.00 later she was hydrated and well enough to take formula.

Why did she film it if she was so embarrassed? How did the media get wind of it? Was it from the lactating puppy mom herself?

I found myself in the twilight zone when someone suggested I look up women breastfeeding animals on you tube. Unfortunately I witnessed women feeding goats, pigs, dogs, and cats. Even a starving child nursing off a dog.

If you do google that stuff, it's not for the faint of heart.

My best advice would be take your fur baby to a vet, or get a dropper and feed him/her canine/kitty formula.

Just my opinion.

Mel

we were talking about this on FB today. Lots of questions about why didn't she just take the pup to the vet. When I adopted my 2nd furbaby she was very very tiny and sick, and I had to feed her water with a dropper. I ended up taking her to the vet and $200.00 later she was hydrated and well enough to take formula.

Why did she film it if she was so embarrassed? How did the media get wind of it? Was it from the lactating puppy mom herself?

I found myself in the twilight zone when someone suggested I look up women breastfeeding animals on you tube. Unfortunately I witnessed women feeding goats, pigs, dogs, and cats. Even a starving child nursing off a dog.

If you do google that stuff, it's not for the faint of heart.

My best advice would be take your fur baby to a vet, or get a dropper and feed him/her canine/kitty formula.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Ditto!

First I'd have to know if breastfeeding a puppy makes me a b itch.

Animals have been known to cross nurture orphans.
I will refrain from judging. Glad the pup is now doing well.
It seems like an emergency situation that has been brought to a Vet's attention. :twocents:

I have worked with animals my whole life. There are A LOT of things that can be done, that doesn't involve my breast in a puppies mouth. What kind of person's mind even GOES there?

I voted 'other'. Here's why: There was no option for 'Not only no, but HECK NO'.

I am so confused!! When I see a puppy that needs a life saving intervention, I immediately think of taking it to a vet.... I would never think to let this puppy suckle on my breast to save it's life. Is there something wrong with me???

Hope this woman doesn't come in contact with a male dog that needs some sexual loving!!

i'm not sure i could get past the thought of puppy teeth lol !!!!!!!!

I practically had to stand upside down, wearing a bat cape, while chanting a heartfelt plea to the La Leche League Goddess just to get my daughter to think about latching.

A puppy ? A puppy's jaw is not designed to accommodate the human, female breast (and vice versa).

I feel like we are being trolled.

There is no way that I would actually breast feed the puppy. But if I happen to be breast feeding at the time my own child and had some extra milk around I would give it to somebody if it helped save the puppy.

But just let me make it very clear...I would not actually breast feed the puppy. I would pump and then let someone have my milk to feed the puppy. I don't see why not or how that would be bad.

My only question is...is that does the puppy actually need breast milk? They have formula for those kinds of things. Even babies can live off of man made formula.

Sounds like just another way to get your kink accepted.

Surely this was not the ONLY way to save the dog's life. If it was, then perhaps nature should just be allowed to run it's course.

There is no way that I would actually breast feed the puppy. But if I happen to be breast feeding at the time my own child and had some extra milk around I would give it to somebody if it helped save the puppy.

But just let me make it very clear...I would not actually breast feed the puppy. I would pump and then let someone have my milk to feed the puppy. I don't see why not or how that would be bad.

My only question is...is that does the puppy actually need breast milk? They have formula for those kinds of things. Even babies can live off of man made formula.

BBM

That was the problem. The puppy wouldn't drink any formula and so as a last ditch effort she did this. If I had a wife I wouldn't mind, but I'd be totally silent about it. It did end up saving the puppies life.

BBM

That was the problem. The puppy wouldn't drink any formula and so as a last ditch effort she did this. If I had a wife I wouldn't mind, but I'd be totally silent about it. It did end up saving the puppies life.

Well then if it saved his life then that's great. I don't see why it would be so bad to give it human milk.
But, like I said I would never actually breast feed it. I would pump then put it in a bottle for him. After my milk is pumped and my son didn't end up drinking it...I throw it out anyways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back