GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading the entirety of the verdict .... wow, what a read! Very long, but very complete and enlightening.

The best information written in the verdict? Definitely the last sentence ...

I find the accused guilty of the murder of Lisa Cecilia Harnum.

Justice Lucy McCallum's verdict in full

RIP Lisa.

:rose:

I'm happy that Lisa's mom and friends can now begin the healing process.

Soooo, how long are we thinking? 15? 20? I'd like to see at least 20yrs, well I'd like to see more, but it's never going to be 30, and even that wouldn't be enough IMO!

I think Somatic Narcissism explains RL's character and behaviour.

What do you think?

The links are already starting to show... - the msm links anyway ;)

She said what? Rachelle Louise defends boyfriend Simon Gittany in exclusive Sunday Night interview
There is a 9 point list of things RL said in the interview.
Though I must say - one of things I did notice was - there was NO mascara running at all...
As the verdict was delivered in court, she screamed: “You’re wrong! You’re wrong!”. But outside, she was more subdued — mascara running down her face, she closed her eyes, begged for a lighter and had a smoko.
-----
4. ON GITTANY BEING CAUGHT WITH 52 ECSTASY TABLETS AND A BUNDLE OF MONEY IN HIS PANTS
“Well, it was actually his friend that got pulled over. He didn’t have a licence. And he asked him to hold it for him. Because he thought the police obviously would not search Simon.”

:banghead:

Rachelle Louise proclaims boyfriend Simon Gittany's innocence in paid TV interview - SMH 10th Feb 2014. Read More:...
But an investigation by Channel Seven's Sunday Night program has uncovered evidence to the contrary, including an eerie telephone call in which former ballerina Lisa Harnum is heard trying to appease Gittany's controlling rage.
''I am not having a go at you,'' she says in the recording. Gittany replies: ''We can do this nicely or we could do it a different way.''

Its a sad week for the sisterhood. Daily Telegraph 10th Feb 2014
Determined Rachelle Louise, the girlfriend of balcony killer Simon Gittany, has troubled me but not because she is Standing By Her Man.

Rather it has been, amid her media performances inside and outside court, the absence of a sincere acknowledgement that it is dreadfully sad a young woman in her prime is now dead.

Let’s not forget that Lisa Harnum was not only Gittany’s fiancee, she was also a 30- year-old with a future, planning a holiday to Hawaii with her mum Joan.

:rose:

[from Thread 3, post 992] BBM. My impression: Intellectualizing, lacking appropriate emotion, decency and respect. Grandiose ideas? She's already given up her present life for him. She's obsessed with his life! Is she promising to give up the next 10 years of her own life and dedicate it to him, to become a lawyer to prove him innocent? How realistic are these ideas? Are these megalomaniac ideas? He had a fair Trial with skilled legal Defense and Prosecution Lawyers before an eminent Judge. He was convicted. How is it that she considers herself more knowledgeable and more powerful than our Justice System? Is this her omnipotence? her all-powerful self-importance? her quest for power over the female Judge? or is this his influence over her?

au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/‎
A criminal psychologist on Sunrise this morning has given voice to the controlling, abusive, calculating and manipulative nature of these men, how they behave one way in public and another way in their private relationships. She suggested that men like this could have either an anti-social, narcissistic or borderline personality disorder.

The criminal psychologist spoke of the denial and 'victim-blaming' being characteristic of these disorders. It was suggested that the behavior of the victim is not to blame.

The Sunday Night program is beamed into the safety of our homes and it was disturbing to see a personality disorder by extension coming into our lounge rooms. Who starts a relationship with a person under a murder investigation? The new GF has become the murderer's advocate: blaming the victim and justifying the past criminal behaviour of her boyfriend.

What is so frightening here is that this type of PD has the ability to 'influence' and 'convince others' to his way of thinking. In this way he can harm the reputation of the victim further, and when others are not convinced, threaten the 'integrity' of those who judged him such as skilled lawyers and by inference, The Judge.

Disturbing!

IMO Channel 7 had a responsibility to put forward the Criminal Psychologist to give a more balanced view - because this was disturbing.
Where is responsible media? Is it time our society brought in Laws to restrain media from this kind of expose during subjudice? This is appalling IMHO.

[from Thread 3, post 992] BBM. My impression: Intellectualizing, lacking appropriate emotion, decency and respect. Grandiose ideas? She's already given up her present life for him. She's obsessed with his life! Is she promising to give up the next 10 years of her own life and dedicate it to him, to become a lawyer to prove him innocent? How realistic are these ideas? Are these megalomaniac ideas? He had a fair Trial with skilled legal Defense and Prosecution Lawyers before an eminent Judge. He was convicted. How is it that she considers herself more knowledgeable and more powerful than our Justice System? Is this her omnipotence? her all-powerful self-importance? her quest for power over the female Judge? or is this his influence over her?

au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/‎
A criminal psychologist on Sunrise this morning has given voice to the controlling, abusive, calculating and manipulative nature of these men, how they behave one way in public and another way in their private relationships. She suggested that men like this could have either an anti-social, narcissistic or borderline personality disorder.

The criminal psychologist spoke of the denial and 'victim-blaming' being characteristic of these disorders which is what we witnessed on the Sunday Night investigation into the murder of Lisa Harnum. It was suggested that the behavior of the victim is not to blame.

The Sunday Night program is beamed into the safety of our homes and it was disturbing to see a personality disorder by extension coming into our lounge rooms. Who starts a relationship with a person under a murder investigation? The new GF has become the murderer's advocate: blaming the victim and justifying the past criminal behaviour of her boyfriend.

What is so frightening here is that this type of PD has the ability to 'influence' and 'convince others' to his way of thinking. In this way he can harm the reputation of the victim further, and when others are not convinced, threaten the 'integrity' of those who judged him such as skilled lawyers and by inference, The Judge.

Disturbing!

IMO Channel 7 had a responsibility to put forward the Criminal Psychologist to give a more balanced view - because this was disturbing.

I watched this morning as well, she was very interesting. Shame that Sunrise didn't include her interview, in their video regarding this, on their website.

First time poster - I’ve been following this story since the beginning – Hi everyone.
After watching last night I truly believe that RL thought she would come across differently, she will not be happy after watching that back – I wonder if she will try to stop the second half being aired somehow? I had a list of things I wanted to run past you all but I think that the article on new.com.au ‘She said what?” covers it off pretty well.. most of the things that had me shaking my head throughout the show.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rachelle-...ence-in-paid-tv-interview-20140209-32a34.html

Here is an example of denial and minimisation:

"They have a relationship where she would run away from him, and he would chase her, and it's exactly what he has done. She has run. He has chased her. She has screamed. He has put his hand on her mouth and brought her back inside."

She has tried to 'rationalize' Simon's obvious aggression and rage captured by the camera!

FYI

Channel 7 ‏@Channel7 1h
Official #Ratings year started last night. ... Sunday Night 1.79m ...(con't) seems they have used this expose to boost their ratings for the year.

Sunrise ‏@sunriseon7 2h
Ahead: We speak to a forensic psychologist following last night's chilling report on the #Gittany case #sun7

sunday night ‏@sundaynighton7 13h
NEXT WEEK: The apartment, the balcony, the body, the forensic experts. You be the judge. Our #Gittany investigation continues next Sunday.

RL may believe now but give her a couple years maximum and she'll move on. She'll find someone else and remember Simon Gittany as just someone she knew once who is somewhere in gaol.
A completed law degree? I doubt it.

RL may believe now but give her a couple years maximum and she'll move on. She'll find someone else and remember Simon Gittany as just someone she knew once who is somewhere in gaol.
A completed law degree? I doubt it.

Justice will prevail tomorrow. The gf can move on then if she wishes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back