GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Iowa state representative's sisters found dead in apparent homicide, police say. (AP)
Two sisters of an Iowa state representative have been found dead of apparent gunshot wounds in the Pittsburgh home they shared, and police are investigating the case as a double homicide.

The bodies of 44-year-old Susan Wolfe and 38-year-old Sarah Wolfe were found Friday afternoon in their basement after they didn't show up for work, authorities said. Police found Sarah Wolfe's car around 1:15 a.m. Saturday parked nearly a mile away.

Sarah Wolfe was a psychiatrist for Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, and Susan Wolfe was a teacher's aide at Hillel Academy in Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill neighborhood.

Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel Herrmann said they don't have a motive for the killings, and there were no signs of forced entry.
---
A sister, Mary Wolfe, is an Iowa Democratic state representative who lives in Clinton.
---
The medical examiner's office has not released causes of death, but police say it appears the women had been shot.
---
more at the link

So....a patient, perhaps? Prowler?

Sarah told her employers she had an appt at 5:30? Wonder where?

The fact that her car was parked a mile away from the house and her coworkers contacted law enforcement right away when she didn't show for work tells me there may be an obvious suspect and we just haven't heard it yet.

So sad. Both women seemed to have so much going for them.

No sign of forced entry and the friends let the police in? So someone else had keys to the place?

Is there an exhusband or ex boyfriend around?

No sign of forced entry and the friends let the police in? So someone else had keys to the place?

Since it was a newly purchased home in Dec, maybe a door lock had not been changed yet and someone related to last owner had a key.

Sarah told her employers she had an appt at 5:30? Wonder where?

The fact that her car was parked a mile away from the house and her coworkers contacted law enforcement right away when she didn't show for work tells me there may be an obvious suspect and we just haven't heard it yet.

So sad. Both women seemed to have so much going for them.

Sorry to quote my own post but I was mistaken. It was Sarah's car that was found parked a mile away, but it was her sister Susan's coworkers who called police when she she didn't show for her teacher's aide job. That leaves me stumped again.

I hope they find who did this soon.

I wonder if this was tied to the 5:30 appointment. Renting out a room? Interviewing someone for something? Selling something?

http://thejewishchronicle.net/view/...ofessionalism?instance=lead_story_left_column

House "ransacked" in December when the two women were out to dinner. A co-worker says the women installed many security measures after that incident.

Maybe they installed something that can help catch the perp.

I have two thoughts:

1. Someone got the impression that Sarah being a psychiatrist would mean there were drugs/access to a way to get drugs in the home or

2. A family member of one of Sarah's clients was stalking her. It was said that Sarah worked with child victims of abuse. Abuser? Psychiatrist's reports are often included in court/mediation records. Someone may have gone over the edge?

Now that msm is describing Sarah's car as "connected to the crime" I wonder if for some reason they let perp in and then perp took keys, locked door, and took the car after the crime? Seems odd to me, but maybe locked door in a misguided effort to buy time/hide the crime?

"Meanwhile, Pittsburgh Police Major Crimes Lt. Daniel Herrmann said police are asking the public for information about anything that may have been seen or heard between the hours of 5 and 9 p.m. near the sisters' home or near where their car was discovered about a mile away. "We're asking anyone in the East Liberty area or Highland Park to call us if they can give us a piece of the puzzle. We're particularly interested in Thursday evening, say between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.," he said. The telephone number for the homicide squad is 412-323-7161."

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...nshot-wounds-to-the-head/stories/201402090179

---
Dr. Karl Williams said that Susan Wolfe, 44, and Sarah Wolfe, 38, had "other injuries" but that those injuries did not contribute to the women's deaths. He declined to elaborate. "I'm not willing to talk about their other injuries other than to say that they did not contribute to their deaths," Dr. Williams said. He would not answer whether the women were sexually assaulted.
---
Lieutenant Herrmann said police have been able to identify video cameras in the vicinity and are working to pull information from those cameras.
---
“We believe the murderer took the car (from the house,)” said George Trosky, assistant chief of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...nshot-wounds-to-the-head/stories/201402090179

Now that msm is describing Sarah's car as "connected to the crime" I wonder if for some reason they let perp in and then perp took keys, locked door, and took the car after the crime? Seems odd to me, but maybe locked door in a misguided effort to buy time/hide the crime?

From the information we have, I think this seems the most likely. If the perp was leaving in Sarah's car no one really would have thought anything of it, as they were so used to seeing the car around the house.

But how did the perp get there? On foot? Or an accomplice?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555343/Two-sisters-Iowa-lawmaker-murdered-home.html

Very sad. Sometimes it seems like no one is safe in this world.

Some interesting points have been brought up by previous posters. I hope law enforcement is going thoroughly through their phone records and computers.
My condolences to those whose lives have been shattered.

I had a question ; and hope it's not too disrespectful :

" ....'They're complex cases,' Medical Examiner Karl Williams said Saturday. "... Things change, bruising patterns change, different things if you wait a little while.

'We do it fairly routinely if we think we may be able to see other patterns of injury develop after a period of time,' Dr. Williams told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette....."
From above link in my post.

May be graphic :

After the women were deceased... what would change about "bruising patterns" ? Doesn't everything just stop at death and look like when the victim just breathed their last ?

As a former Pittsburgher, I know people who knew them personally. I even have a family member who was being treated by Dr. Wolfe. This is incredibly sad and horrific, and even moreso knowing how many people are directly affected by this loss.

One thing that I am curious about is the effect of the extreme weather/snow that Western PA has been hit with recently. On that Thursday, it was a high of 22 degrees with light snow all day. There's been a ton of snow in the past week, and I wonder if any footprints near the vehicle could have been spotted before they were buried by more snow.

Also, because it's been so cold, I imagine it would be unusual to see someone outside, unless they were waiting for a bus or trudging towards their own car. Makes me wonder if this person had their getaway car waiting for them somewhere near where they ditched the sisters' car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back