1268 users online (236 members and 1032 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Teen tricks Walmart managers out of $30,000

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...arly-30000/aps

Perhaps I should have put this under "Bizarre News". This did not take place at ONE Walmart store - this was THREE Walmart stores! In Oklahoma.

"Surviellance cameras caught the teenager. The report says he was “…alone in the cash office…” It says he took “… multiple bundles of cash, stuffing them inside his pockets and clothes.”
    He even hugged the manager before he walked out."

Awww.....

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post

Perhaps I should have put this under "Bizarre News". This did not take place at ONE Walmart store - this was THREE Walmart stores! In Oklahoma.

"Surviellance cameras caught the teenager. The report says he was “…alone in the cash office…” It says he took “… multiple bundles of cash, stuffing them inside his pockets and clothes.”

Awww.....
    A few people will likely be fired because of this. Is security not very good at walmart in the US? They own ASDA here in the UK and in my local store there is hardly any security. There isn't even a security guard at the main entrance sometimes.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

I worked at Walmart for three years, and left last year. Our super center was lucky to have one Loss Prevention person working during the day, and had none at night. We had customers walking out the front doors with carts full of big ticket items overnight. I am friends with a former LP person from that store, and he was told to focus on associate theft more than customer theft. So, they did, while merchandise walked away.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised that management gave this young man access to the cash office, but overnights you're lucky to have two salaried managers there. Keys are passed around. Nobody checks with the co- or store manager because it's late at night. When I left, I had to forget so many manager's register numbers and PIN numbers, because they would just hand them out to people they thought they could trust.

Granted, this was just my store, but it was and still is a big problem in this market.
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    A few people will likely be fired because of this. Is security not very good at walmart in the US? They own ASDA here in the UK and in my local store there is hardly any security. There isn't even a security guard at the main entrance sometimes.
    there are no security guards at Walmarts here in Canada where I live

there are undercover LP but no uniformed security guards

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post

Awww.....
    that link doesn't work

holy crap - I didn't realize that he wasn't even an employee!

they even put him to work on a register at one store

and why would a mgr. have bundles of cash laying around and allow a stranger access to it?

I work in retail and I don't care if it's the president of the co. - no one is touching my money!

those mgrs. should be fired!

When I was younger, I was a shop assistant in a store like Walmart. There would be no chance that I would let someone I didn't know into the cash room without me going in there with them to watch what they were doing. Regardless of whether they worked at another store or not, the money is MY responsibility, so I'm not leaving ANYONE alone with it.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I worked in a WM super center cash office for ten years. I am shocked to read this person managed to get in one CO alone, much less three! That was unheard of when I worked for them and cameras filmed 24/7 in there.