Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MA - Eric Munsell, 24, Boston, 8 Feb. 2014

I'm leaning toward the date rape drug/someone waiting for him theory.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pebb View Post
    I'm leaning toward the date rape drug/someone waiting for him theory.
    Pebb how many friends were in the group that he was with? Do you know how long they were at that bar?

Sometimes people drink more on their birthdays because people will buy them shots/drinks in celebration so it is possible he could have drank more than he usually would have. But it just doesn't make sense that he didn't contact his friends. It would seem that his friends would have the best gauge of how much he had and how effected he was by it. Also if he was acting different or odd.

On the missing fb page a person says that they saw him by the Living Room at 1230am that night. That is about a half a mile away from Market Lounge...and it is on the waterfront.

Do you know if that was a bar that he would frequent? Not sure if he was actually in the bar at any point, as the person said "near" that bar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Pebb how many friends were in the group that he was with? Do you know how long they were at that bar?

Sometimes people drink more on their birthdays because people will buy them shots/drinks in celebration so it is possible he could have drank more than he usually would have. But it just doesn't make sense that he didn't contact his friends. It would seem that his friends would have the best gauge of how much he had and how effected he was by it. Also if he was acting different or odd.

On the missing fb page a person says that they saw him by the Living Room at 1230am that night. That is about a half a mile away from Market Lounge...and it is on the waterfront.

Do you know if that was a bar that he would frequent? Not sure if he was actually in the bar at any point, as the person said "near" that bar.
    Really? I'm not seeing any comments on the Facebook page!

Yes, it is under the post by others....

I don't know the bars he frequented. But every time I asked what he had done the past weekend he never said "oh I went out to a bar in boston." It was mostly "got some dinner with my roommate, did hw, watched football/basketball" and during the week he worked almost everyday until 9 or 10pm.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:

Well he sounds like he is busy and productive. It is so sad for him to be missing this long.

Maybe if he wasn't a big drinker usually, that this night he had one too many. His friends would most likely know how many he had.

Also I did some searches for reviews of the Market and other people had incidents of not being able to get their coat from coat check. As well as having issues with bouncers etc.

would really like to hear more from the people he was with/the staff of the club they were at.

no idea what happened but i will regretfully say this - too many times i have seen this story: intoxicated person goes missing late at night by the boston waterfront in the winter.

every time they end up being found in the water.

seems like it happens every year.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

Someone is very fortunate that the police were out looking for Eric!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...MFP/story.html

The weather cleared here today, but another storm is moving in tomorrow afternoon - not good conditions for searching, unfortunately.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to altissima For This Useful Post:

More than a week now. I hope this young man is okay.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radiator For This Useful Post:

There is nothing in the news on him at all, either. I keep googling and checking here and FB, nada

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LookingHoping View Post
    There is nothing in the news on him at all, either. I keep googling and checking here and FB, nada
    Nothing on boston.com either. It's odd how little attention this has received.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spider92 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know exactly what his job was at GE? I'm barking up the SFK tree to see any further connections.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishRacingGreen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider92 View Post
    Nothing on boston.com either. It's odd how little attention this has received.
    i think this is because it is an all too familiar story and everyone has decided he ended up in the water until there is evidence of something else.

i have watched the same thing happen many times in boston by the waterfront, i would keep checking for updates, any news at all, and nothing...

keep telling myself "there is no reason to think he went in the water! it makes no sense."

and then weeks later, or in the spring... "body found in harbor"

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BritishRacingGreen View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what his job was at GE? I'm barking up the SFK tree to see any further connections.
    I don't know what the "SFK tree" is but this article says he is an aviation engineer:

http://www.ibtimes.com/eric-munsell-...birthday-photo

25. The Following User Says Thank You to radiator For This Useful Post:

SFK Tree

Hi Radiator,

I was referring to the Smiley Face Killer Theory. It may or may not be true, but I've been following some of the cases and wish I had the time to explore them further. This case has some similarities.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishRacingGreen For This Useful Post:

Nothing about anything friends and family have said about his personality/character make sense with him just ending up in the water accidentally. Something isn't right here

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:

zero details have emerged in over a week (after a few things coming out in the first bunch of days)

since the details so far are unclear and there is so much unknown its hard to say anything with any degree of confidence.

i made this map;

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...Y.kgqiEFbpRiZc

(someone please let me know if the map displays the POI's, never used it before)

from looking over the map it makes me wonder how close you have to be to the marriott long wharf to have your phone "ping" off of their service.

"the living room" is basically right across the park from the marriott, i wonder if you are standing in front of that place if you might be getting your phone service from the marriott tower (or whatever is the right terminology)...

also if you look at the map, again its hard to be sure, but if the version of events we have seen is accurate - is he necessarily moving in the wrong direction from his house? i dont see it. (oh, this is also assuming that the address i have seen reported for him is accurate - margaret st.) it was reported he was heading in the wrong direction at some point, not towards home.

in the gene losik case he was staying at the marriott and exited out the back door which basically puts you right at the waters edge and there are some very precarious spots there which would be particularly hazardous for anyone that was intoxicated, if it was icy, they were distracted... gene losik went missing in february and was discovered very close by (rowes wharf) but not until november.

but in this case i dont see anything specific that says he went over near the water. as soon as i heard marriott long wharf mentioned i just got a bad sense of things, but thinking about it now his cell phone pinging there doesnt mean he was right there, or does it?

obviously almost two weeks now with no cell phone or credit card activity that we know of, and no developments, doesnt look good.

the FB page has not been updated in a week now...

*edit - rowes wharf is south along the water from the marriott
    Last edited by liljim; 02-21-2014 at 05:38 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

i still dont understand why there is no phone call from him to friends after he is asked to leave market...

there is a one hour gap between him leaving market and the sighting at living room, so he could have gone thru faneuil hall and entered a bar in that area, then over to the living room, then headed home... not necessarily going anywhere near the water's edge.

i dont know.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

He had a halfway decent job at a good company. Now, like so many others, he's gone disappeared after a simple night out with friends.

I don't believe there are a group of people who vandalize crime scenes with smiley faces, but for lack of a better term, I do believe in the remote possibility of these smart young men being targeted as promising members of a group that perhaps engages in an activity that these men are not interested in, and once they know too much about it, the organization makes sure they cannot share what they know.

So, when I refer to the SFK, refer to my above explanation of myself.

In this case, the prospect of hearing about this young man being found in the water in the spring makes my blood boil. Sadly though, it happens often in a case like this.

Thank you for the map! I have heard conflicting stories about the path he took and what happened to him, not only when he left the bar, but from the moment he left his friends to go to the bathroom.

It's so unbelievable. Why no more coverage. What if he was the mayor? A newscaster? A Boston business owner? A cab driver whose car was left open and running? A little girl?

Now don't get me wrong, I do not think one person is any more important than another, regardless of age, gender or socio-economic class, but you know darn well that if he was any of the above, we'd have heard more.

I may be completely wrong, but it seems to me, everyone who fits the SFK victim profile gets ZERO coverage in comparison to my above examples.

No GPS family locator on his phone? Interview with his boss, coworkers, the friends he was with, family? And a shocking lack of photos as well. Where is the friend who would normally man the Facebook page?

All hypothetical questions of course. I'm looking for no answers, it's just food for thought.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishRacingGreen For This Useful Post:

"It's so unbelievable. Why no more coverage."

yeah, it's disappointing but nothing new.

i think anyone that pays attention can tell what kind of cases get coverage and which ones don't...

this one has the added strike against it as there is this supposition of "well obviously THIS happened" aspect to it. even tho i dont see it that way right now after learning a little more about it, i certainly did when i first heard the few details.

there was a comment on the facebook page that the police are in contact with the family daily and that they cant comment on the case publicly.

i dont think you would ever get them to say it but ***IMO JMO MOO THIS IS AN OPINION*** i think you can bet on it that behind closed doors the BPD is saying "yeah he is in the water, nothing to do here but wait"

maybe im totally wrong, maybe there are some leads they are following and just no comment yet...

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

This is one of those cases I repeatedly come back to, no matter how far back he falls in page number. This isn't right. He needs to be found and there has to be more publicity. He deserves that.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacy For This Useful Post:

It is eating away at me how little there is.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:

10 days since the last post on Eric's missing FB page. One guy keeps posting on the wall, seems to me he should run the page. I can't take this lack of activity. I do believe LE is working on it, but really, 10 days?

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:

...,so when they say his phone pinged by the Marriot Long Wharf, does that mean he used his phone at that moment? Or that it was just on? And with no further pings, that means his phone was turned off after that time?

I think that all it means is that there was a signal that was pulled from a cell tower there. May have been a sleeping phone, just means it wasn't a phone in the water or crushed, useless phone. Jury is out as to whether they can actually ping while 'off' I believe they cannot…but what kid that is supposedly drunk enough to get kicked out of a bar shuts their phone off?
    Last edited by LookingHoping; 02-23-2014 at 02:07 AM.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast