Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    This is unbelievable to even imagine doing to somebody. Weather in the teens, on the water makes it worse... and just toss em out.


  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Video and interview with Mom and former girlfriend on here… good views of the area, too, for those not familiar: http://www.necn.com/02/11/14/Search-...4&feedID=11106


  4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Eric didn't text or call anyone upon getting kicked out. That's not normal at all. Who gets kicked out of a bar on the way to the bathroom and upon being told that he can't get his coat, he doesn't call or text his friends (to maybe get his coat??) and they just wonder where the hell he went? That's completely unlike Eric. He wouldn't want anyone to ever worry about him. In all honesty, I think he got intercepted immediately after getting out. I don't think he walked anywhere. I don't think he fell anywhere. I think no one saw him because he was in a car.

    By now I'm not hopeful he'll turn up.


  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:


  7. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebb View Post
    Eric didn't text or call anyone upon getting kicked out. That's not normal at all. Who gets kicked out of a bar on the way to the bathroom and upon being told that he can't get his coat, he doesn't call or text his friends (to maybe get his coat??) and they just wonder where the hell he went? That's completely unlike Eric. He wouldn't want anyone to ever worry about him. In all honesty, I think he got intercepted immediately after getting out. I don't think he walked anywhere. I don't think he fell anywhere. I think no one saw him because he was in a car.

    By now I'm not hopeful he'll turn up.
    I was thinking the same. No texts, no calls. Phone ping 30 minutes later. Sorry, you are out walking, freezing and your friends are back at a bar (along with your coat on a 16 degree night)…You call or text and see if they'll bring it or hook up somewhere close by!

    They could have all left and gone to another bar when he got booted if he had texted or called (that's what my friends and I used to do back in our early 20's!)….or had the friends known he got booted.. Am I recalling correctly, they didn't know at the time it happened or did they see it? I need to read articles again!!!!! For the moment off to pick up a child.

    But I agree…this isn't looking good and I don't think it leads to thinking he had some sort of accident


  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:


  9. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebb View Post
    Eric didn't text or call anyone upon getting kicked out. That's not normal at all. Who gets kicked out of a bar on the way to the bathroom and upon being told that he can't get his coat, he doesn't call or text his friends (to maybe get his coat??) and they just wonder where the hell he went? That's completely unlike Eric. He wouldn't want anyone to ever worry about him. In all honesty, I think he got intercepted immediately after getting out. I don't think he walked anywhere. I don't think he fell anywhere. I think no one saw him because he was in a car.

    By now I'm not hopeful he'll turn up.
    BBM Are we sure he had his phone? I know it pinged a half-hour later but that doesn't mean it was in his possession. If he was intoxicated he might have left it somewhere in the bar and another person picked it up.

    Like others I'm shocked the staff would oust him without a coat on such a cold night.


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to radiator For This Useful Post:


  11. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,443
    He got tossed out of the bar because he tripped and fell?? WTHeck? Since when is that punishable by being thrown out? And it's ridiculous in freaking cold Boston to expect anyone to go out in freezing temps without a jacket. Why wouldn't he have his ticket?

    And as Pebb said, if he had a phone, why didn't he call someone to get his coat for him?

    What is it with young men, bars and water? So many of them don't make it home and so many of them gravitate towards the water, never to be heard from again.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???


  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seajay For This Useful Post:


  13. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingHoping View Post
    I was thinking the same. No texts, no calls. Phone ping 30 minutes later. Sorry, you are out walking, freezing and your friends are back at a bar (along with your coat on a 16 degree night)…You call or text and see if they'll bring it or hook up somewhere close by!

    They could have all left and gone to another bar when he got booted if he had texted or called (that's what my friends and I used to do back in our early 20's!)….or had the friends known he got booted.. Am I recalling correctly, they didn't know at the time it happened or did they see it? I need to read articles again!!!!! For the moment off to pick up a child.

    But I agree…this isn't looking good and I don't think it leads to thinking he had some sort of accident
    The articles say that the friends realized after 10 minutes that he hadn't returned from the restroom.

    You and Peb are right...why wouldn't he have contacted his friends in the bar? Also did his friends try to call or text him during that time?


  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:


  15. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebb View Post
    Eric didn't text or call anyone upon getting kicked out. That's not normal at all. Who gets kicked out of a bar on the way to the bathroom and upon being told that he can't get his coat, he doesn't call or text his friends (to maybe get his coat??) and they just wonder where the hell he went? That's completely unlike Eric. He wouldn't want anyone to ever worry about him. In all honesty, I think he got intercepted immediately after getting out. I don't think he walked anywhere. I don't think he fell anywhere. I think no one saw him because he was in a car.

    By now I'm not hopeful he'll turn up.
    Pebb do you know the friends that he was with at the bar? Do they surmise his level of drunk? I was thinking maybe he got a date rape drug and when he got kicked out the person/people were waiting for him outside. Or if he took something and it got him really disoriented he could have just been all a mess leaving and thinking he was going in the correct direction towards his home.

    He seems like such a nice guy and so nice looking.


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:


  17. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    The articles say that the friends realized after 10 minutes that he hadn't returned from the restroom.

    You and Peb are right...why wouldn't he have contacted his friends in the bar? Also did his friends try to call or text him during that time?
    Thank you for reading for me One less thing on the 'to do' list


  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LookingHoping For This Useful Post:


  19. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Pebb do you know the friends that he was with at the bar? Do they surmise his level of drunk? I was thinking maybe he got a date rape drug and when he got kicked out the person/people were waiting for him outside. Or if he took something and it got him really disoriented he could have just been all a mess leaving and thinking he was going in the correct direction towards his home.

    He seems like such a nice guy and so nice looking.
    I do know his friends but not very well. I feel horrible for them because I imagine they'd feel guilty/responsible. Anyway, he wasn't the type of guy to get **** faced drunk to where he was falling all over the place. Everyone's accounts of Eric are true: he was very responsible. I do not believe for a second he was drunk enough to not be able to 1. Call friends to get him a jacket. 2. Leave the premises to go home and get lost. The kid had been in Boston for 6-7 years. I don't even think he had a girlfriend. He literally worked all the time. I don't think he had time for that.

    In any case, they went outside 10min later and he was gone. I just don't understand any of it really. I think something is super fishy about him being kicked out without a jacket and the bar refusing to say anything about it.


  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:


  21. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    I'm leaning toward the date rape drug/someone waiting for him theory.


  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:


  23. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebb View Post
    I'm leaning toward the date rape drug/someone waiting for him theory.
    Pebb how many friends were in the group that he was with? Do you know how long they were at that bar?

    Sometimes people drink more on their birthdays because people will buy them shots/drinks in celebration so it is possible he could have drank more than he usually would have. But it just doesn't make sense that he didn't contact his friends. It would seem that his friends would have the best gauge of how much he had and how effected he was by it. Also if he was acting different or odd.

    On the missing fb page a person says that they saw him by the Living Room at 1230am that night. That is about a half a mile away from Market Lounge...and it is on the waterfront.

    Do you know if that was a bar that he would frequent? Not sure if he was actually in the bar at any point, as the person said "near" that bar.


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:


  25. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Pebb how many friends were in the group that he was with? Do you know how long they were at that bar?

    Sometimes people drink more on their birthdays because people will buy them shots/drinks in celebration so it is possible he could have drank more than he usually would have. But it just doesn't make sense that he didn't contact his friends. It would seem that his friends would have the best gauge of how much he had and how effected he was by it. Also if he was acting different or odd.

    On the missing fb page a person says that they saw him by the Living Room at 1230am that night. That is about a half a mile away from Market Lounge...and it is on the waterfront.

    Do you know if that was a bar that he would frequent? Not sure if he was actually in the bar at any point, as the person said "near" that bar.
    Really? I'm not seeing any comments on the Facebook page!


  26. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    973
    Yes, it is under the post by others....


  27. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5
    I don't know the bars he frequented. But every time I asked what he had done the past weekend he never said "oh I went out to a bar in boston." It was mostly "got some dinner with my roommate, did hw, watched football/basketball" and during the week he worked almost everyday until 9 or 10pm.


  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pebb For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FL FL - Lee Eric Hadler, Boca Raton, 12 Jan 2014
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Information and Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  2. Found Deceased VA - Eric Murphy, 17, Albemarle, Feb 2007
    By mistivon in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •