SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

1507162_235153466657383_988633367_n.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
If you have questions, pm a Mod.

The police report can be discussed, but NO NAMES, NO REDACTED INFORMATION, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

MSM released the report and they can't take it back now. But that doesn't mean this is a free for all. We need to be respectful of LE's investigation and unnamed POIs/suspect. Given that LE has NOT named ANY POI/Suspect - you may NOT consider anyone mentioned as such.

If you have questions or concerns, pm me or Imamaze or any mod. Don't post it in the threads. And don't post anything you are unsure about. Use restraint and common sense, okay?

Salem

TOs are being issued. Zero tolerance. Mind the rules, everybody.

The Rules

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

And... No rumor, discuss only what we know thru main stream media and law enforcement. Heather's social media sites are allowed, but you can not discuss any posts other than hers.

The Find Heather Facebook page is not allowed here and no discussion about it.

You can speculate but no out and out rumor, you can not for example say Heather may have been meeting someone because of drugs, or money etc. Not allowed.

Please continue here...

Just a note - we all like to know when there is activity in the Scanner Thread. We appreciate it very much, in fact. IMO there are probably several black jeeps in SC and even in Horry County but that doesn't mean we don't want to know every time one is called out, kwim?

If you're not interested, that's fine. Scroll and roll and let those of us (yes, including me) hit the stairs to see what's happening :)

Salem

Just checking. My understanding is that the last phone CALL was at or ended at 3:41 am per TE. I also believe that per LE there were other phone COMMUNICATIONS (that were most likely texts) between HE's phone and SM phone around 6am (which in my mind is anytime from 5:45 to 6:59 am but that is just a ballpark figure in my mind)

HE phone CALL: 3:41 am
HE phone COMMUNICATIONS: 6 am

Does anyone get something different than that?

I'm bad, I keep two brower's open; one here & one for downstairs...because I get lost in this place. Many thanks to those with their ears on!

Thank you Imamaze for the new thread! :earson:
#FindHeatherElvis
#TeamWebsleuths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checking. My understanding is that the last phone CALL was at or ended at 3:41 am per TE. I also believe that per LE there were other phone COMMUNICATIONS (that were most likely texts) between HE's phone and SM phone around 6am (which in my mind is anytime from 5:45 to 6:59 am but that is just a ballpark figure in my mind)

I see it the same way you do. What I was saying is that 3:41 is the last Terry knows for sure that Heather was OK and using her phone. After that he's unsure of who was communicating with it. kwim?

I wonder where the PMs fit into things? Did it start with PMs, then moved to calls or the reverse? Can anyone decipher? I lean toward after 3:41, because TH wouldn't necessarily have access to that information.

Yes . The article below states as follows directly from the police report:

According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date. The calls were back and forth between the victim and the older man, the report said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

This is my limited understanding as well although I'm sure MSM articles can be pulled to show the 6am communications have sometimes been referred to as calls. Calls back and forth until 6am.
The way you've laid it out makes the most sense to me and it's where I've settled with the info.

I wonder where the PMs fit into things? Did it start with PMs, then moved to calls or the reverse? Can anyone decipher? I lean toward after 3:41, because TH wouldn't necessarily have access to that information.

There was never a date or time frame given for the PMs. Just PMs not previously reported. Not even sure what that means. Reported by someone questioned? Reported by a phone carrier or an app service? I don't know.

I haven't put the PMs with the phone specifically. I somehow equate those to HE's social media. It's not that they couldn't have been made with the phone, but to me they aren't specific to the phone.

Can it be proven that a PM on a social media site was made with a specific cell phone? I know you can sometimes see that a post was made with A cell phone, but I don't notice that it shows a specific one. (Social Media challenged, here. I'm not very fond of a lot of it, so I don't have many accounts)

According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date. The calls were back and forth between the victim and the older man, the report said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Since I have read both "calls" and "communications," it's impossible for me know to with certainty, since I haven't seen any records.

I'm leaving that open in my mind for now.

What the police do seem firm about is that it was communications between HE and SM.

They have never suggested that anyone may have been using her or his phone, or that other people were involved in those communications.

That's just what I get out of what they are releasing. Maybe I hang onto this because it is just about the only bit of information that doesn't keep changing.

I haven't put the PMs with the phone specifically. I somehow equate those to HE's social media. It's not that they couldn't have been made with the phone, but to me they aren't specific to the phone.

Can it be proven that a PM on a social media site was made with a specific cell phone? I know you can sometimes see that a post was made with A cell phone, but I don't notice that it shows a specific one. (Social Media challenged, here. I'm not very fond of a lot of it, so I don't have many accounts)

I wondered that too. FB doesn't seem to when I look at my PMs, not sure about others. Maybe forensics on a phone? IDK I noted as you mentioned the quote was "cell phone COMMUNICATIONS" vs calls, so it certainly could include both calls & texts.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/cri...11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html#user-comment-area

Fair point. In the interview, I hear TE say:
"Uh, there were a lot of phone calls that happened between the time she was dropped off by her date and 3:41. Uh, eventually those (unintelligible-“look”?) as of right now that the recipients and initiators of those phone calls have not been release. But they are… they… they are damaging to say the least."

So here, at least, he is not saying that the last calls were 3:41. Only that there were a lot of calls between being dropped off and 3:41.

It strikes me that LE says "Communications" rather than "calls" for 6am, but that could mean mixed calls, texts, emails, etc.

TE has several friends who own jeeps, myself included. I would doubt he'd mix those up as he is very familiar with them.

JMO
Just as a reference, I am very familiar with jeeps, too, but a modified one without the brand name on it I'd have to look at twice to be sure which was which. First impression is always Jeep, because FJ40s are not as common. I'd just be checking to see if there were any FJ40s, too. It couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73