900 users online (180 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Sure hoping this will bring some real answers about what happened to the sisters -- and, possibly, since they say this suspect traveled extensively, shed light on a few more cases from the same time frame.

Latest developments in the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
    Where is Richard?!
    Currently in New England, but following these developments with great interest!

This was one of the first cases that reeled me in when I logged onto WS's back in 2004. I wonder if Fred C will be the name we hear tomorrow.

Detectives plan a press conference for Tuesday morning to identify the person of interest and renew their pleas for tips about the girls' disappearance.

They are specifically interested in speaking to anyone who will be able to give them details about the sex offender's whereabouts in the time leading up to and shortly after March 25, 1975, according to the Post.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2szQuiSwj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    38 years is a long time to remember times and dates of other people comings and goings.
    The article does not seem like he has been pinned down per say ,but that he is worth a closer look-see.
    Still very encouraging .

Quote Originally Posted by DeeMarie View Post
    Cold case breaks open after four decades: Person of interest named in 1975 disappearance of two young girls that shocked Washington, DC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-interest.html
    Cold case detectives have named 'a convicted child sex offender,' who is currently in prison and 'had traveled extensively throughout the United States' as a person of interest in the case.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2t0icIwTj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is frightening. I wonder how many other young girls were snatched by this SOB

Anxiously awaiting for the news conference. Curious to see how much he resembles the sketch. I know it was years ago but some features perhaps remained the same.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Officers will release the offender's name and photo at around noon Eastern and ask the public if they know what he's done in the past and the places he's been. But Montgomery County police have stopped short of calling him a suspect.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/11/justic...and-cold-case/
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

I'm on pins and needles.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    This is frightening. I wonder how many other young girls were snatched by this SOB

Anxiously awaiting for the news conference. Curious to see how much he resembles the sketch. I know it was years ago but some features perhaps remained the same.

Geez I wish they would have the presser yesterday, or at least this morning. So this RSO traveled extensively throughout the US....what a monster
    The World Has Gone Mad.

I lived in Maryland in the early 70's. This case hits hard because I still remember my mom talking about the day that I missed the bus and I did not want to go tell my mom so I walked to school on my own. I was Not yet 5 yrs old. I walked blocks by myself. And no one knew where I was for a long time.

There but for the Grace of God go I.

Not just because of this case, but just all the missing kids. It takes a moment.

I hope that today there is an answer, Some proof and that these parents can finally have their children back to bury and mourn..

JMO
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

I have often wondered what happened to these girls and wondered if they would ever get a break in the case since it happened almost 39 years ago. They went missing a few months before I was born, so being missing all these years kind of puts it into perspective for me....

It sounds as if this is indeed a significant development in the case. When they release the name of this individual today as a "Person of Interest", it will be only the second time in the past 39 years that MCP has done so.

The first time was back in late 1986 when Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. was tried and convicted of nine counts of Child Molestation against three children in North Carolina. At that time, MCP became interested in him as a POI and made similar pleas to the public for information regarding his presence in Maryland. They knew that he was in Maryland as early as April 1975, and probably earlier - but could not firmly establish his whereabouts on 25 March 1975.

A few months later - in 1987 -He was convicted of murdering a 10 year old girl in Charlotte, NC in 1979. He was sentenced to death, but after several re-trials the sentence was changed to life in prison WITH the possibilty of parole. He has remained in the North Carolina Prison system since.

A news conference with release of the POI's name is supposed to happen at 12:15 p.m. today per this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...y.html?hpid=z7

I'm hoping that nbc4.com or wjla.com will broadcast the conference.

Holy smoke. I about fainted this morning reading the headline on all major news sources. Will be anxiously awaiting the press conference. My heart grieves for the family. I have followed this case for years. I truly hope it's solved.

Anybody find the live stream?
    Praying for Jason.
    Find Beaner!
    Where is Kayla Berg?
    Justice for Stephanie Low, 9-22-14 RIP Stephanie

I honestly thought this day might never come. When I saw the headlines today my heart skipped a beat. I cannot imagine how the Lyons' must feel. I HOPE HOPE HOPE that this will provide answers and closure to this case. It's about time!

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast