1018 users online (235 members and 783 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,102 of 1102
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    I think it is about giving a lot of people peace! We all know that there is no way Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. could have committed this crime alone. When he pleads guilty and takes the blame, the case is considered solved--will LE continue to look of the others who participated with him? Of course not! LLW will spend the rest of his life in prison (which he probably would have anyway) and the other "monsters" will walk free! Does that make anyone feel safer? It shouldn't! This is one time I hope LLW does go back on his word UNLESS he is also giving up all the other names involved in this sordid mess! We may have to trust God to get the rest and give the FAMILY the true piece they deserve!
    I don't think the plea agreement this Tuesday will be the end to this. Other chips will fall. I think that VA LE will have gone as far as they can with what they have against LLW2. He had too much going against him and probably made the correct decision to plead out and spare his life. LLW2 was the one who placed himself at Wheaton Plaza and brought the bloody duffel bags to VA, so they have him dead to rights. The others weren't so conspicuous or stupid. The recommendation to plead was the decision by committee of his multiple attorneys, private investigators, psychologists, death penalty experts, consultants, etc... At the end of the day after gathering up all the information (and spending several hundred thousand dollars of tax payer's money) I'm sure they sat him down and said "You've screwed yourself, and we can't save you." Also, MD and VA LE did an outstanding job putting together the tentative penalty phase evidence and testimony against LLW2. Just an insurmountable wall of overwhelming reasons to sentence LLW2 to death if he was convicted. I think the specter of that loomed large and hung heavy over LLW2 and his team.

There are so many other pieces to this puzzle that were outside of Virginia. We'll see what Maryland has to say about RAW1, maybe not for murder, but something. Not having enough compelling evidence to charge someone with murder is not the same as them being entirely innocent. As for the rest, I suspect there were several others and they are dead. Maybe a few just within the past few years. Perhaps a cousin and an uncle in-law of LLW2.

I don't think its all over yet for LLW2 either. We may even hear from some other states who will want to take a harder look at LLW2 for some of their cold cases. I think they have been silent as the VA case against LLW2 proceeded, because they did not want to muck anything up for VA LE.

Let's hope judgment day brings some real answers. I am happy to have this monster off the streets, but I will be somewhat dismayed if that involves an Alford Plea that does not provide body locations and significant closure for the family and friends of these poor girls.

I am very curious if his plea will require his testimony against other possible perpetrators.

Quote Originally Posted by WaynezWorld View Post
    <RSBM>

I am so very glad that the family will not be forced to suffer through a trial, a very small relief for all they have endured. So sad that the potential and the long lives of these angels was stolen by this banal, soulless loser.
    Your 100% spot on post, and specifically these two sentences, are my nominee for Post of the Day. So well stated IMO.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

"It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by zensiert View Post
    I don't think the plea agreement this Tuesday will be the end to this. Other chips will fall. I think that VA LE will have gone as far as they can with what they have against LLW2. He had too much going against him and probably made the correct decision to plead out and spare his life. LLW2 was the one who placed himself at Wheaton Plaza and brought the bloody duffel bags to VA, so they have him dead to rights. The others weren't so conspicuous or stupid. The recommendation to plead was the decision by committee of his multiple attorneys, private investigators, psychologists, death penalty experts, consultants, etc... At the end of the day after gathering up all the information (and spending several hundred thousand dollars of tax payer's money) I'm sure they sat him down and said "You've screwed yourself, and we can't save you." Also, MD and VA LE did an outstanding job putting together the tentative penalty phase evidence and testimony against LLW2. Just an insurmountable wall of overwhelming reasons to sentence LLW2 to death if he was convicted. I think the specter of that loomed large and hung heavy over LLW2 and his team.

There are so many other pieces to this puzzle that were outside of Virginia. We'll see what Maryland has to say about RAW1, maybe not for murder, but something. Not having enough compelling evidence to charge someone with murder is not the same as them being entirely innocent. As for the rest, I suspect there were several others and they are dead. Maybe a few just within the past few years. Perhaps a cousin and an uncle in-law of LLW2.

I don't think its all over yet for LLW2 either. We may even hear from some other states who will want to take a harder look at LLW2 for some of their cold cases. I think they have been silent as the VA case against LLW2 proceeded, because they did not want to muck anything up for VA LE.

I think that you meant Maryland LE specifically Montgomery County, Md.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    I am going to start a new thread with the title Lloyd Welch PLEADS GUILTY

Hang on for new thread.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Please continue the discussion RIGHT HERE
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74