733 users online (78 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Sonya Billingsley, 52, Gary, 7 Feb 2014 *Arrest*

Sonya Billingsley

Family seeking Gary woman missing since Friday -

A Gary woman is searching for her 52-year-old mother, who has been missing since Friday morning.

Samira Billingsley, 30, said Tuesday her mother, Sonya, left her grandmother's home in the 4600 block of Connecticut Street about 9 a.m. Friday after making a phone call. Billingsley said her mother, who doesn't drive, has never been missing like this before. "Everybody is worried," Samira Billingsley said. "We have family near and far calling. This is not something she would do." Sonya Billingsley lives with and cares for her mother, Helen, said Samira Billingsley.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

In the woods
    Family hopes she is not one of Darren Vann's victims: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...b69e8ab4d.html

Sims said her niece believed one of the people who took a flier not far from where Billingsley disappeared was Darren Vann.
    Thread about Darren Deon Vann in the Serial Killer section of the forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-more-expected
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Relatives of a Gary woman missing since February are hoping for the best as they await word on whether she is one of the unidentified women whose bodies have been found in abandoned houses...

Her sister, Salethia Sims, says she was last seen leaving a relative's house not far from the buildings where some victims were found.

Sonya has been missing for one year now. I didn't find any updates more recent than the two in October already posted. She is not listed in NamUs.
    The two unidentified victims of Vann are listed with one ruleout each.

I did find another photo of her on the Gary Police Dept's twitter feed.

The Lake County coroner has identified two women whose bodies were found in an abandoned Gary building that has been linked to a man charged in the strangulation deaths of two other women.

The coroner on Friday morning said DNA had identified the bodies found Oct. 19 as 53-year-old Sonya Billingsley and 27-year-old Tanya Gatlin. Both were from Gary.