1253 users online (233 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

OMG! This is horrendous. The boy was only 11!! I want to know who this animal is that would beat a boy of 11 to death.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226825088945

POLICE have shot a man after he reportedly beat a boy to death at a sports oval in Melbourne’s southeast tonight.

Emergency services were called to the oval on Frankston-Flinders Rd in Tyabb about 6.30pm.

Paramedics frantically tried to revive the 11-year-old boy, but he died at the scene from horrific head injuries.

His attacker sustained gunshot wounds to the chest and was flown to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition.

Witnesses told the Herald Sun when officers arrived, the man turned on them with a knife, forcing them to shoot him.

It's coming up in google search that the man (father?) used a cricket bat!! Just searching for an article to include MSM quote. Oh my god, I am feeling sick right now.

This is what shows under the Australian article when searching google:

Sky News Australia

Police shoot boy's attacker at sports oval

The Australian ‎- 1 hour ago

Police shoot boy's attacker at sports oval in Tyabb ... after he reportedly beat a boy to death with a cricket bat at a sports oval in Melbourne's southeast tonight.

But this is the article and I can't see the reference to the bat. Maybe they are reconfirming?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226825088945

http://vicpolicenews.com.au/news/275...medium=twitter

Emergency services remain at the scene of a police shooting Tyabb that occurred earlier this evening.

Emergency services were called to attend the oval on Frankston-Flinders Road around 6.30pm after a boy sustained head injuries.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene but has died.

A confrontation with a man aged in his 50s then took place and the man was shot in the upper body.

The exact circumstances surrounding the incidents are yet to be established.

A number of police units are on scene including local police, local detectives and the Homicide Squad.

The investigation into the incident will be oversighted by Professional Standards Command.

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 1m (Producer for Nine News @9newsmelb)
    Police will speak soon at #Tyabb crime scene #9News

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 59m
    Junior cricket side was training at sports oval in #Tyabb when the attack happened @9newsmelb #9news

Seb Costello ‏@SebCostello9 · 2h
    Unconfirmed reports of the circumstances of the #TYABB shooting are just horrible. Will wait for police to speak before we share them.

Dean Felton ‏@DeanFelton7 · 2m (Journalist, 7 News Melbourne)
    Witnesses leaving #Tyabb scene decline comment, instructed by police not to talk to media. @7NewsMelbourne pic.twitter.com/wmm7zEqbCr

Dean Felton ‏@DeanFelton7 · 1h
    Asst Commissioner/s on way to #Tyabb after police shoot man flwng fatal attack on young boy.@7NewsMelbourne pic.twitter.com/naqy01wrqf

Yasmin Paton ‏@yaspaton · 1m (Journalist: Ten Eyewitness News)
    Police will hold press conference in 10 min about police shooting in Tyabb this evening. A boy has also died @tennewsmelb

What is happening in Melbourne? In all my years here I have never seen so many senseless deaths. I live in the south east where this has happened, Last week it was the women murdered in her yard just down the road from me. Today at my local shops I came out to my car only to see a drug deal going down.

This man has been shot. I hope these policemen are treated fairly and don't have to go through all the scrutiny that other cases have done. R.I.P. to the young boy. So Sad.

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 1m (Reporter, Network Ten)
    It's confirmed the man who was shot by police is the father if the dead 12yo boy

Oh dear God....

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 3m
    Victoria Police have described the scene where a 12yo Tyabb boy died horrific and violent pic.twitter.com/E8Tjvu8IMD

Angus Ledwidge ‏@angusleddo · 1m
    @VictoriaPolice confirm a 12 yo boy was killed at #Tyabb sports oval. Officers shot the boy's father after arriving at the scene #9news

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 1m
    The boys mother was in the vicinity of the #tyabb cricket ground when her son was killed

Michael Bennett ‏@MikeBennett_10 · 54s
    She's being comforted by family and friends #tyabb

Paramedics frantically tried to revive the 12-year-old boy, but he died at the scene from horrific head injuries.

The boy’s dad sustained gunshot wounds to the chest and was flown to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition

Witnesses told the Herald Sun when officers arrived, the dad turned on them with a knife, forcing them to shoot him.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...-1226825088945

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast