1119 users online (233 members and 886 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - Michael Dunn on trial for shooting death of Jordan Davis, 17 - #5

Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
    A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
    ---
    more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread#1

Thread#2

Thread#3

Thread#4
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-28-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: broken links

FL - Michael Dunn on Trial for shooting death of Jordan Davis, 17#5 Verdict Watch

Please continue here:

Is it weird that he is releasing alternates?? Never mind...got it.

Don't they usually hold on to them through verdict?
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
    Healey is keeping the alternates around "for awhile" in case something happens to jurors #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 51s
    Alternate jurors are 13 - 16. Gathering stuff from jury room, coming out for more instructions. #dunntrial pic.twitter.com/65Ave32IhN

Deliberating jury

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 51s
    Alternate jurors are 13 - 16. Gathering stuff from jury room, coming out for more instructions. #dunntrial pic.twitter.com/65Ave32IhN

White female 4
    White male 5
    Asian 1
    Black female 2

Does anyone know if HLN has been covering this? Sorry, I just can't bring myself to turn on that station!
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeBee View Post
    I sincerely doubt they will care that much. I'm sure they're more focused on the evidence. It seems you are far more preoccupied with pedantry than the evidence. Did you watch the trial?

ETA: besides, they looked like kids to me. Especially Leland, who held his dying friend in his arms.
    Well, the last two days I did on TV. I believe that reasonable doubt has been established that it was possible for the young men to have a gun in the car and that the area of the Plaza and Convenience Store was not thoroughly searched for days while even then, the search was hap hazard, contrary to the Detective who told Dunn that the area was searched when it was not.
    They sure did not look like kids to me.
    Anyone know were Juror 8, 9 and 10 fell into the mix? Jurors or alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    ISn't it weird to release Alternates before They are done deliberating??? What if one of them get sick?
    they were not released

https://twitter.com/NewsAndNom for verdict tweet.

I saw a little bit of the trial on HLN yesterday.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace. -- Dalai Lama -
    Sometimes all you can do is walk away, hide your tears, and just pretend you're okay --- unknown

RIP Travis Alexander.

Thanks again Popsicle. Glad you posted the jury chart. You Need a Pay Raise.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJunkie View Post
    I believe the way the law, or the way the jury instructions are worded need to be changed.
    I know nobody here agrees, but I believe MD could be declared not guilty the way the law reads.
    The "no retreat necessary" clause gives the jurors zero concrete evidence as to the thoughts (no action) of the defendant.

Someone here mentioned how "civil" the discussions are on this thread. That is pretty easy to do when everyone agrees. I have been reluctant to voice my opinion, because I know how nasty it can be when 99% of the thread believes one way.
    I wish that weren't true.

yes I agree

Judge is now thanking everyone involved. Nice. He sounds sincere. Would love to know though what the complaints and minor issues were.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast