GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
---
more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread#1

Thread#2

Thread#3

Thread#4

Is it weird that he is releasing alternates?? Never mind...got it.

Don't they usually hold on to them through verdict?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Healey is keeping the alternates around "for awhile" in case something happens to jurors #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 51s
Alternate jurors are 13 - 16. Gathering stuff from jury room, coming out for more instructions. #dunntrial pic.twitter.com/65Ave32IhN

BgTfgosIYAIS2mO.jpg:large

Does anyone know if HLN has been covering this? Sorry, I just can't bring myself to turn on that station!

I sincerely doubt they will care that much. I'm sure they're more focused on the evidence. It seems you are far more preoccupied with pedantry than the evidence. Did you watch the trial?

ETA: besides, they looked like kids to me. Especially Leland, who held his dying friend in his arms.

Well, the last two days I did on TV. I believe that reasonable doubt has been established that it was possible for the young men to have a gun in the car and that the area of the Plaza and Convenience Store was not thoroughly searched for days while even then, the search was hap hazard, contrary to the Detective who told Dunn that the area was searched when it was not.
They sure did not look like kids to me.
Anyone know were Juror 8, 9 and 10 fell into the mix? Jurors or alternatives?

I saw a little bit of the trial on HLN yesterday.

Thanks again Popsicle. Glad you posted the jury chart. You Need a Pay Raise.:loveyou:

I believe the way the law, or the way the jury instructions are worded need to be changed.
I know nobody here agrees, but I believe MD could be declared not guilty the way the law reads.
The "no retreat necessary" clause gives the jurors zero concrete evidence as to the thoughts (no action) of the defendant.

Someone here mentioned how "civil" the discussions are on this thread. That is pretty easy to do when everyone agrees. I have been reluctant to voice my opinion, because I know how nasty it can be when 99% of the thread believes one way.
I wish that weren't true.

yes I agree

Judge is now thanking everyone involved. Nice. He sounds sincere. Would love to know though what the complaints and minor issues were.

I wonder if the 2 back female jurors are mothers. If so, they are probably not going to let Dunn walk away from this.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 52s
@Jxx judge said yesterday he would let jury decide, could deliberate through dinner (7ish)although not likely much later

JusticeJunkie. Yes, unfortunately some posters do get nasty when folks disagree with a differing opinion when 99% are in agreement, as you say. However, this is a victim-friendly forum...so I guess that can be the nature of the beast.

Well, the last two days I did on TV. I believe that reasonable doubt has been established that it was possible for the young men to have a gun in the car and that the area of the Plaza and Convenience Store was not thoroughly searched for days while even then, the search was hap hazard, contrary to the Detective who told Dunn that the area was searched when it was not.
They sure did not look like kids to me.
Anyone know were Juror 8, 9 and 10 fell into the mix? Jurors or alternatives?

The detective thought the area had been searched. When the defense and Dunn say the area had not been searched then, they are saying that to confuse. The detectives initially looked for what they thought they needed to look for. If Dunnhad told them he saw the boys with a gun right away, then they could have looked then.

I don't believe any REASONABLE doubt has been established that the boys could have had a gun. There were two people watching them in the plaza the whole time and they did not see a gun, did not see them leave the immediate area of the car, did not see anything left behind. All that has been established is what could maybe possibly have happened. Nothing but hunches and suggestions. Dunn could be a Martian. Doesn't make it true.

I found Dunn very incredible. His story is non sense.

I'm done with the kid discussion. It's so irrelevant it's funny.

And so we wait. I'm guessing we'll have a verdict by 3pm on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth