GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
---
more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread#1

Thread#2

Thread#3

Thread#4

Thread#5

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 51s
Alternate jurors are 13 - 16. Gathering stuff from jury room, coming out for more instructions. #dunntrial pic.twitter.com/65Ave32IhN

BgTfgosIYAIS2mO.jpg:large

White female 4
White male 5
Asian 1
Black female 2

What? There is talk that people can hear in the jury room? :eek:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 48s
Gavel down, court is coming back in session #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 49s
Judge addressing concerns about potentially thin walls btwn the walls of the courtroom and the jury room #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 39s
Healey says he will no longer allow people to stay in the courtroom during recess, in case there are noise issues #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Erica Rakow ‏@WJXTEricaRakow 3m
As of 8:40, I hadn't seen #MichaelDunn parents. They haven't talked with reporters at all yet, though, despite several attempts. @wjxt4

Erica Rakow ‏@WJXTEricaRakow 2m
#JordanDavis parents HAVE given comments walking in/out of court each day. Greeted & hugged demonstrators on sidewalk this AM @wjxt4

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 1m
Judge wishes everyone a happy Valentine's Day and says we're in recess until we hear something from the jury. - #MichaelDunn trial

Good Morning WS Friends,
I'll be joining you for verdict watch and monitoring Hayes trial too.

Let's hope justice is served!

Happy Valentine's Day peeps!!! Steely, are you getting all us ladies chocolates and flowers?

:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

:valentine: :valentine: :valentine:

Good morning to all...well today is Valentine's Day and Verdict Day!! No question it is coming today....I think they wanted to sleep on it...if it is guilty there was at least one that needed some convincing but hopefully that will happen. When you really think about this case...possible to convince one or two to move to some sort of guilty but I have to think the majority are ready to convict...conversely I don't think it is possible that most want an acquittal and they are trying to change one or two...pretty much impossible scenario. Most probably what is taking the time are the crazy instructions...all the counts and possibly whether it is 1st or 2nd. In any event I hope it comes down soon. I really enjoy the discussion here and learn new things everyday from everyone here...thanks.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
we will be notified when a verdict is in. They then anticipate needing about 30 mins to gather all affected parties- so yes.

I'm a 3rd shift worker, so I'm crashing and burning here, but the laptop will be on my side table, every so often I know I'm going to wake up and refresh this thread...

Here's hoping I wake up to good news and a bit of justice for Jordan. I live in Florida and will be seriously depressed at the precedent this will set if MD's actions go without consequences. I can't bear to think about it.

Keep your chins up, gang, See you in a few hours!

Check this out... It's a transcript more or less from the Defense Press Conference yesterday. It's a meaty article with a lot of reporter questions and Strolla's answers:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...rney-takes-long-list-reporters-questions-here

Michael Dunn's defense attorney takes long list of reporters' questions; here are his answers
Posted: February 13, 2014 - 7:26pm | Updated: February 14, 2014 - 9:05am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member