1306 users online (260 members and 1046 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Leanne Bearden

33 year old Leanne Bearden has been missing since Friday January 17th, 2014 from a family member's Garden Ridge place of residence in Garden Ridge, Texas. She was seen walking away. Bearden is 5' and weighs about 100 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown shoulder length hair.

Please contact contact the Comal County Sheriff's Office at 830-620-3400.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Gard...241077051.html

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

verified reporter: ShowboatMB
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: repair url tags.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

We do not have any POI's or suspects in this case, there should be no sleuthing of anyone except Leanne.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Please continue here.

Thank you,

Salem

ShowboatMB post #872 Thread #10

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #10

Thanks go ^

Here's my interview with the police chief. I have not even listened back to it. It may answer some of your questions... but a lot will be a mystery until the autopsy is released, and that takes two weeks-ish.

http://www.woai.com/onair/michael-bo...inal-12065605/

-mike
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:16 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

As I posted before...I personally could see how the priorities of life in the US could cause one to despair, after being in so many places where life is more casual, less focused on money and possessions and competition...here, she would at once be entering back in to grind of finding a great job, high salary, "rat race" all over again...she may have been questioning "why" and yet not be able to explain herself without sounding anti-american. I know I often despair at the lifestyles seemingly urged on and that many strive for here.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Originally Posted by peace9274
    Such a beautiful person. I loved reading every page of their travel blog and looking at all the photos and videos. As others have said, I really feel like I got to know her. I've always thought how much I would've loved to have been friends with her.

For those of you who haven't seen this video, I am reposting it.
    For those who have seen it, it's a good time to see it again.

At the 4:10 mark, Leanne sings "Ave Maria" in her absolutely beautiful voice,
    at the ruins in Turkey.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQuAaRswgV8

Bump
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 02:16 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

I hope in the meantime people can refrain from continuing to be so ignorant. It amazes me how people could say such things right now to this grieving family. If people want to think it or feel that way fine, but there is no reason to say it. Not one reason.

One of Josh's friends commented on the article that mentions the hanging and says "no chance this was suicide...none" so tough...it's hard for people who didnt know her to believe it, I can't imagine how those that did know her feel

If she did indeed die the way others were posting about...I can't bring myself to even type it...it would be very rare for a woman to do it in that way. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is very unusual.

Perhaps if people have unanswered questions in their minds about this case, they could discuss them together in a suitable venue -- such as this one I imagine.

This was posted earlier, but reposting as it has been updated with their timeline.
    http://www.kens5.com/news/Garden-Rid...245429961.html

I feel shaken to the core by Leanne's death. We just never know what is in anyone else's head, a smile can hide so much. There is depression in my family - this, this just.... Scares me. Sorry to be so blunt.

Thank you, KIMSTER, for posting the link to your friend's WS posting. Very insightful, and my heart goes out to him.

Tears for Leanne's family and friends.

If this was suicide, which it appears to be, it rarely makes sense.

I've lost two friends this way, and it hits you like a ton of bricks. People can be seemingly normal, even happy before committing suicide.

RIP Leanne. You will live on in the memories of many.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast