936 users online (177 members and 759 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - 8 yrs. in rape of girl, 12

A Queens pedophile yesterday admitted raping a 12-year-old girl he met on the phone after she accidently transposed two numbers trying to call her father.

Bernard Luster took a plea deal on the eve of his trial, opting to plead guilty to one count of rape for an eight-year jail term.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-265662c.html

8 years... that's all he got.
    so he'll be back out on the streets possibly before this girl is
    an adult. that must be comforting

8 yrs. Oh isn't that reassuring (not). So when he gets out in 8 yrs, angry and frustrated he will be looking for another kid, and the next one will probably end up dead!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I am sorry but this is horrible. What is wrong with the prosecutors? In an attempt to plea and not clog up the courts this is deemed acceptable? I don't think so. Plea the marijuana users...plea the boosting of car radio's...plea the shoplifters but not the rapists. This is an introduction to murder...IMO...so no evidence is found.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    A Queens pedophile yesterday admitted raping a 12-year-old girl he met on the phone after she accidently transposed two numbers trying to call her father.

Bernard Luster took a plea deal on the eve of his trial, opting to plead guilty to one count of rape for an eight-year jail term.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-265662c.html

8 years... that's all he got.
    so he'll be back out on the streets possibly before this girl is
    an adult. that must be comforting
    It appears that it wasn't forcible rape, and that must be the reason for the light sentence; they may have considered it consensual sex with a minor, although sex with a minor may always be considered rape. There must have been extenuating circumstances to allow such a light sentence.

Luster, 40, of Far Rockaway was arrested after the girl's mother found a sexually explicit letter she had written to him. He was facing three rape counts and could have received up to 75 years in prison if convicted of all charges at trial.

The way our prison system works he'll probably be out in three.

12 yrs old is not responsible against a 40 year old man. There is manipulation at the least and rape at the worst. Makes me cry with all the sorrows possible. Does anyone see the problem for children? How can they deal when we don't! We excuse every behavior and expect no accountability but what happens here...she dressed provocatively and she deserved this? Or not? Does a 12 yr old deserved to be raped? NO, No, No, this is an abstract in law. I can only stand this and mean people in small amounts so I am going to bed. But, people, think.

Consensual or not, a 40 yo man and a 12 yo child is child sex abuse. And should have been treated as such.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

As usual

And it's sad because normally they get even less or serve not even a fraction of their time because on a scale of all the crimes and offenses committed, it seems child molestation is not a priority. I love animals and all but feel sometimes animal rights even appear to rank above children being abused. I feel they put more time,effort and energy into prosecuting those that have abused and killed animals, at least make them both equal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    It appears that it wasn't forcible rape, and that must be the reason for the light sentence; they may have considered it consensual sex with a minor, although sex with a minor may always be considered rape. There must have been extenuating circumstances to allow such a light sentence.

Luster, 40, of Far Rockaway was arrested after the girl's mother found a sexually explicit letter she had written to him. He was facing three rape counts and could have received up to 75 years in prison if convicted of all charges at trial.

The way our prison system works he'll probably be out in three.
    He must be a pretty smooth talker, to turn a wrong number into a face-to-face meeting. He's 40 now ... in 8 years or less, he will be at the TOP of his form as a ped. Some sentences are just unreal. The child is too young to know the ramifications of what she was doing.

It's not much consolation to know that O'Reilly will go after that judge when the ped is released from prison and repeats his crime, and possibly worse.