1025 users online (225 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

The Birds II

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050518/D8A5IBTO0.html

Authorities closed off a sidewalk after the aggressive birds, which can have 2-foot wingspans, flew out of magnolia trees Monday in front of the County Administration Building. "They were just going crazy," said constable Wilbert Jue, who works at the building. "They were attacking everybody that walked by."

The grackles zeroed in on a lawyer who shooed a bird away before he tripped and injured his face, Jue said. The lawyer was treated for several cuts.
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

So they zeroed in on a lawyer, that is funny, they might have "sensed" that he was a lawyer, fair game for an attack.......jk

Maybe the birds want him to represent them, after all the people are "threatening" a birds nest, or the birds "feel" "emotional distress" due to the fact that people are near the nest.

Kind of hard to get a retainer from them though......

That really must have been very frightening! There are a few times of the year that one intersection in my small town seems to attract billions of birds. Sparrows, I guess they are. The part behind our house, however, is a different story. We get some of the biggest and most beautiful birds I've seen - usually in singles or pairs though - thank God!

I saw the "Birds" I can only imagine how frightening this is.

The movie sacred the the heck out of me.......

THis is right in Downtown - They have a section of the sidewalk near this area cordened off with police tape to keep people from getting attacked - Its pretty funny, although not for that lawyer. I also think its hilarious that this has made national news. I think its only because they attacked the lawyer!
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    Kind of hard to get a retainer from them though......
    I will not make any puns about lawyers, birds and their bills.

Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu