1433 users online (301 members and 1132 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,609

    NJ - Joyce Vanderhoff, 25, Hamilton Township, 14 Feb 2014

    Woman's Body Found Naked on Roadside

    Feb 14, 2014.... 25 year old Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff found murdered at Hamilton Township roadside Friday morning ca 9 AM.

    The New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Vanderhoff's death as a homicide.

    Some newsreports have stated that:

    The man who found the girl said "she appeared to have been beaten"

    Her body was found ca 15 feet of the road.

    The body was naked.

    JYV had a drug problem. (info from JYV's Facebook)


    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...245644291.html


    http://www.nbc40.net/story/24728005/...ilton-twp-road


    http://www.nbc40.net/story/24728005/...ilton-twp-road

    https://www.facebook.com/joyce.vanderhoff


    The location of where Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff's body was found is ca 15 miles N/W of Egg Harbor Township where 30 year old Tara Rogers-Alicea's body was found in a suitcase, Jan 5, 2014, strangled. That case is still unsolved.
    (Tara was a drug addict and was possibly a prostitute)

    NJ-Egg Harbor Township - Body found in suitcase -Jan 5- Id'd as Tara Rogers-Alicea - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Link to the Tara Rogers-Alicea case.


    Nov 20, 2006, 4 woman ( all prostitutes and drug addicts) were found murdered in Egg Harbor Township (2 of the strangled the other two was too decomposed to find a cause of death ), that case is also still unsolved, but there has been reports that the police have mentioned that they are looking into wheter Tara's case might be connected to the murder of the 4 woman (prostitues),
    There are also theories that the 2006 murder of the 4 woman might be connected to the Long Island Serial killer case.

    So the question is: is there an active serial killer in the Atlantic City area?
    Last edited by bessie; 08-04-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: repaired link
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

  2. #2
    LadyL's Avatar
    LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,617
    one was beaten, one was strangled ... doubt they're connected

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    I would never rule out a connection to either the murder of Tara Rogers-Alicea or the West Atlantic City serial murders, without more definitive information.

    Murder by asphyxiation isn't easy and often is accompanied by blunt force trauma. Every victim's will to fight and survive is different. I've seen pictures of Joyce and she looked to be both physically fit and scrappy.

    You have to look at it from the killer's POV...

    If the victim is putting up a fight and is capable of either injuring me or escaping me, I have to neutralize her by any means necessary. Both physical injuries and talking witnesses will get me caught and then my fun is over.

    It is much easier to strangle a drugged out prostitute, especially one whose poison of choice already makes her lethargic.

    My 5 second research of Joyce Vanderhoff's social media pages tells me that she lists herself as being from West Atlantic City, which of course is where the Golden Key motel is located; the dumping site for the "Eastbound Strangler," killer of 4 drug addicted prostitutes.

    This may mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth a peek. Also, per her facebook page and the accounts of a few who knew her, Joyce was a troubled young lady and an addict or recovering addict, which fits the victimology of all too many victims of serial sexual murder and was central in the West AC killings. I also witnessed some bipolar/manic attributes on there, which of course drug abuse can magnify.

    She also listed herself as unemployed, so I'm curious as to whether or not she might have been supplementing her income and/or ability to purchase her fix in other ways. That would give her two things in common with the victims in West AC.

    Now one more thing of note:

    Victim Tara Rogers-Alice's, who was found partially buried in a suitcase, behind the old Shore Mall, was ruled to be strangled to death. She was also known to live in Atlantic City and was struggling with a heroine addiction. She disappeared on or around Oct 22.

    This is significant to me, because this would be around the same month/time of the year that at least 2 or 3 victims were last seen, back in 2006.

    Serial killers find date and anniversaries to be of the utmost importance.

    Obviously it's too soon to link anything, but I hope law enforcement is at least considering the possibilities.

    All too frequently, these girls remain as forsaken and cast aside in death, as they were in life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    one was beaten, one was strangled ... doubt they're connected
    Joyce Y Vanderhoff's autopsy has not been done yet so your conclusion is way too premature IMO.

    Also if you read the newsreports, as well as my info in post#1, you would know that the "beating" part was just somthing stated by the guy who found Joyce. For all we know the bruises etc that the finder of the body saw might have come from when her body was possibly thrown from a car to the spot were she was found.
    And last, who says she could not have been BOTH beaten AND strangled.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by absynthminded1 View Post
    I would never rule out a connection to either the murder of Tara Rogers-Alicea or the West Atlantic City serial murders, without more definitive information.

    Murder by asphyxiation isn't easy and often is accompanied by blunt force trauma. Every victim's will to fight and survive is different. I've seen pictures of Joyce and she looked to be both physically fit and scrappy.

    You have to look at it from the killer's POV...

    If the victim is putting up a fight and is capable of either injuring me or escaping me, I have to neutralize her by any means necessary. Both physical injuries and talking witnesses will get me caught and then my fun is over.

    It is much easier to strangle a drugged out prostitute, especially one whose poison of choice already makes her lethargic.

    My 5 second research of Joyce Vanderhoff's social media pages tells me that she lists herself as being from West Atlantic City, which of course is where the Golden Key motel is located; the dumping site for the "Eastbound Strangler," killer of 4 drug addicted prostitutes.

    This may mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth a peek. Also, per her facebook page and the accounts of a few who knew her, Joyce was a troubled young lady and an addict or recovering addict, which fits the victimology of all too many victims of serial sexual murder and was central in the West AC killings. I also witnessed some bipolar/manic attributes on there, which of course drug abuse can magnify.

    She also listed herself as unemployed, so I'm curious as to whether or not she might have been supplementing her income and/or ability to purchase her fix in other ways. That would give her two things in common with the victims in West AC.

    Now one more thing of note:

    Victim Tara Rogers-Alice's, who was found partially buried in a suitcase, behind the old Shore Mall, was ruled to be strangled to death. She was also known to live in Atlantic City and was struggling with a heroine addiction. She disappeared on or around Oct 22.

    This is significant to me, because this would be around the same month/time of the year that at least 2 or 3 victims were last seen, back in 2006.

    Serial killers find date and anniversaries to be of the utmost importance.

    Obviously it's too soon to link anything, but I hope law enforcement is at least considering the possibilities.

    All too frequently, these girls remain as forsaken and cast aside in death, as they were in life.
    Great post, couldnīt agree more!
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Woman's Body Found Naked on Roadside

    Feb 14, 2014.... 25 year old Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff found murdered at Hamilton Township roadside Friday morning ca 9 AM.

    The New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Vanderhoff's death as a homicide.

    Some newsreports have stated that:

    The man who found the girl said "she appeared to have been beaten"

    Her body was found ca 15 feet of the road.

    The body was naked.

    JYV had a drug problem. (info from JYV's Facebook)


    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...245644291.html


    http://www.nbc40.net/story/24728005/...ilton-twp-road


    http://www.nbc40.net/story/24728005/...ilton-twp-road

    https://www.facebook.com/joyce.vanderhoff


    The location of where Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff's body was found is ca 15 miles N/W of Egg Harbor Township where 30 year old Tara Rogers-Alicea's body was found in a suitcase, Jan 5, 2014, strangled. That case is still unsolved.
    (Tara was a drug addict and was possibly a prostitute)

    NJ-Egg Harbor Township - Body found in suitcase -Jan 5- Id'd as Tara Rogers-Alicea - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Link to the Tara Rogers-Alicea case.


    Nov 20, 2006, 4 woman ( all prostitutes and drug addicts) were found murdered in Egg Harbor Township (2 of the strangled the other two was too decomposed to find a cause of death ), that case is also still unsolved, but there has been reports that the police have mentioned that they are looking into wheter Tara's case might be connected to the murder of the 4 woman (prostitues),
    There are also theories that the 2006 murder of the 4 woman might be connected to the Long Island Serial killer case.

    So the question is: is there an active serial killer in the Atlantic City area?
    Thanks for posting this Theforeigner!

    The strangulation and suitcase really makes a girl start thinking about this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    So on the bright side, LE doesn't seem to have complete tunnel vision on this case. On the not so positive side, this is still South Jersey police that we are talking about. They could have solved the West AC murders in the first few days, had they just sat on the dump site and waited for the killer to return.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    Looks like her body was in bad enough shape that her ashes were in a little box for the funeral service yesterday. This would mark an escalation in violence, if it is the same killer as the other 4 or 5 girls. Not a big shock, that a killer from 2006 could evolve; requiring more violence to achieve the same euphoric feeling.

    Friends are certain that she wouldn't go down without a fight and they are certain she got his DNA all over her. Let's hope this was the case.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,318
    She updated her FB profile pic on the 13th and sounded suicudal in her last post.
    I'm curious about the Spanish style building behind her in her cover picture.

    I'm also wondering if the guy who found her didn't look closely and thought that body tattoo was bruising. Pleasantville, where she gives as her residence, is very close to the area where she was found. Her death and disposal seems unorganized, hasty and messy. IMO.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    It seems like it was a matter of fighting her off, neutralizing her, and creating distance between himself and the body. Still could be the same killer. He just had to be a little more abrupt when things didn't go as according to his usual script.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    All of these body dump sites are a hop, skip, and jump from each other.

    I am really curious to know whether Tara Rogers-Alicia or Joyce Vanderhoff had turned to prostitution to support their habits. I also wonder if such computer literate young women might have advertised on Craigslist, Backpage, or a similar classified section?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Strong Island
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    She updated her FB profile pic on the 13th and sounded suicudal in her last post.
    I'm curious about the Spanish style building behind her in her cover picture.

    I'm also wondering if the guy who found her didn't look closely and thought that body tattoo was bruising. Pleasantville, where she gives as her residence, is very close to the area where she was found. Her death and disposal seems unorganized, hasty and messy. IMO.
    I'm about 98% certain that the cover picture is not her. I've seen it on the internet before as peoples avatars. Doing a quick search on her I found 4 pictures of which look nothing like the cover picture.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,609
    Just a thought I had:

    Joyce was murdered February 14, VALENTINES DAY.
    So I wonder if the killer had some sick idea to kill a woman on this special day?

    And that he dumped her at the side of the road, naked, because he wanted her found.

    (By the way the person I mentioned in my previous post, he posted his facebook message to Joyce on his own birthday Feb 13.)
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 02-20-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    That's solid detective work, Theforeigner!

    I for one, have never been a fan of coincidences. I'll do a little of my own research on him and see if I can get in his headspace.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY OH - Sarah Widmer, 24, drowned in bathtub, Hamilton Township, 11 Aug 2008
    By curves in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 12:21 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 05:20 AM
  3. OH OH - Linda Hamilton, 28, Beaver Township, 20 Sept 1977
    By Kat in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 02:23 PM

Tags for this Thread