NJ NJ - Joyce Vanderhoff, 25, Hamilton Township, 14 Feb 2014

Theforeigner

Reaction score
Woman's Body Found Naked on Roadside

Feb 14, 2014.... 25 year old Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff found murdered at Hamilton Township roadside Friday morning ca 9 AM.

The New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Vanderhoff's death as a homicide.

Some newsreports have stated that:

The man who found the girl said "she appeared to have been beaten"

Her body was found ca 15 feet of the road.

The body was naked.

JYV had a drug problem. (info from JYV's Facebook)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Womans-Body-Found-Naked-on-Roadside-245644291.html

http://www.nbc40.net/story/24728005/woman-found-dead-along-hamilton-twp-road

https://www.facebook.com/joyce.vanderhoff

The location of where Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff's body was found is ca 15 miles N/W of Egg Harbor Township where 30 year old Tara Rogers-Alicea's body was found in a suitcase, Jan 5, 2014, strangled. That case is still unsolved.
(Tara was a drug addict and was possibly a prostitute)

NJ-Egg Harbor Township - Body found in suitcase -Jan 5- Id'd as Tara Rogers-Alicea - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Link to the Tara Rogers-Alicea case.

Nov 20, 2006, 4 woman ( all prostitutes and drug addicts) were found murdered in Egg Harbor Township (2 of the strangled the other two was too decomposed to find a cause of death ), that case is also still unsolved, but there has been reports that the police have mentioned that they are looking into wheter Tara's case might be connected to the murder of the 4 woman (prostitues),
There are also theories that the 2006 murder of the 4 woman might be connected to the Long Island Serial killer case.

So the question is: is there an active serial killer in the Atlantic City area?

one was beaten, one was strangled ... doubt they're connected

I would never rule out a connection to either the murder of Tara Rogers-Alicea or the West Atlantic City serial murders, without more definitive information.

Murder by asphyxiation isn't easy and often is accompanied by blunt force trauma. Every victim's will to fight and survive is different. I've seen pictures of Joyce and she looked to be both physically fit and scrappy.

You have to look at it from the killer's POV...

If the victim is putting up a fight and is capable of either injuring me or escaping me, I have to neutralize her by any means necessary. Both physical injuries and talking witnesses will get me caught and then my fun is over.

It is much easier to strangle a drugged out prostitute, especially one whose poison of choice already makes her lethargic.

My 5 second research of Joyce Vanderhoff's social media pages tells me that she lists herself as being from West Atlantic City, which of course is where the Golden Key motel is located; the dumping site for the "Eastbound Strangler," killer of 4 drug addicted prostitutes.

This may mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth a peek. Also, per her facebook page and the accounts of a few who knew her, Joyce was a troubled young lady and an addict or recovering addict, which fits the victimology of all too many victims of serial sexual murder and was central in the West AC killings. I also witnessed some bipolar/manic attributes on there, which of course drug abuse can magnify.

She also listed herself as unemployed, so I'm curious as to whether or not she might have been supplementing her income and/or ability to purchase her fix in other ways. That would give her two things in common with the victims in West AC.

Now one more thing of note:

Victim Tara Rogers-Alice's, who was found partially buried in a suitcase, behind the old Shore Mall, was ruled to be strangled to death. She was also known to live in Atlantic City and was struggling with a heroine addiction. She disappeared on or around Oct 22.

This is significant to me, because this would be around the same month/time of the year that at least 2 or 3 victims were last seen, back in 2006.

Serial killers find date and anniversaries to be of the utmost importance.

Obviously it's too soon to link anything, but I hope law enforcement is at least considering the possibilities.

All too frequently, these girls remain as forsaken and cast aside in death, as they were in life.

one was beaten, one was strangled ... doubt they're connected

Joyce Y Vanderhoff's autopsy has not been done yet so your conclusion is way too premature IMO.

Also if you read the newsreports, as well as my info in post#1, you would know that the "beating" part was just somthing stated by the guy who found Joyce. For all we know the bruises etc that the finder of the body saw might have come from when her body was possibly thrown from a car to the spot were she was found.
And last, who says she could not have been BOTH beaten AND strangled.

I would never rule out a connection to either the murder of Tara Rogers-Alicea or the West Atlantic City serial murders, without more definitive information.

Murder by asphyxiation isn't easy and often is accompanied by blunt force trauma. Every victim's will to fight and survive is different. I've seen pictures of Joyce and she looked to be both physically fit and scrappy.

You have to look at it from the killer's POV...

If the victim is putting up a fight and is capable of either injuring me or escaping me, I have to neutralize her by any means necessary. Both physical injuries and talking witnesses will get me caught and then my fun is over.

It is much easier to strangle a drugged out prostitute, especially one whose poison of choice already makes her lethargic.

My 5 second research of Joyce Vanderhoff's social media pages tells me that she lists herself as being from West Atlantic City, which of course is where the Golden Key motel is located; the dumping site for the "Eastbound Strangler," killer of 4 drug addicted prostitutes.

This may mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's worth a peek. Also, per her facebook page and the accounts of a few who knew her, Joyce was a troubled young lady and an addict or recovering addict, which fits the victimology of all too many victims of serial sexual murder and was central in the West AC killings. I also witnessed some bipolar/manic attributes on there, which of course drug abuse can magnify.

She also listed herself as unemployed, so I'm curious as to whether or not she might have been supplementing her income and/or ability to purchase her fix in other ways. That would give her two things in common with the victims in West AC.

Now one more thing of note:

Victim Tara Rogers-Alice's, who was found partially buried in a suitcase, behind the old Shore Mall, was ruled to be strangled to death. She was also known to live in Atlantic City and was struggling with a heroine addiction. She disappeared on or around Oct 22.

This is significant to me, because this would be around the same month/time of the year that at least 2 or 3 victims were last seen, back in 2006.

Serial killers find date and anniversaries to be of the utmost importance.

Obviously it's too soon to link anything, but I hope law enforcement is at least considering the possibilities.

All too frequently, these girls remain as forsaken and cast aside in death, as they were in life.

Great post, couldn´t agree more!

Woman's Body Found Naked on Roadside

Feb 14, 2014.... 25 year old Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff found murdered at Hamilton Township roadside Friday morning ca 9 AM.

The New Jersey Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Vanderhoff's death as a homicide.

Some newsreports have stated that:

The man who found the girl said "she appeared to have been beaten"

Her body was found ca 15 feet of the road.

The body was naked.

JYV had a drug problem. (info from JYV's Facebook)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Womans-Body-Found-Naked-on-Roadside-245644291.html

https://www.facebook.com/joyce.vanderhoff

The location of where Joyce Yvonne Vanderhoff's body was found is ca 15 miles N/W of Egg Harbor Township where 30 year old Tara Rogers-Alicea's body was found in a suitcase, Jan 5, 2014, strangled. That case is still unsolved.
(Tara was a drug addict and was possibly a prostitute)

NJ-Egg Harbor Township - Body found in suitcase -Jan 5- Id'd as Tara Rogers-Alicea - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community Link to the Tara Rogers-Alicea case.

Nov 20, 2006, 4 woman ( all prostitutes and drug addicts) were found murdered in Egg Harbor Township (2 of the strangled the other two was too decomposed to find a cause of death ), that case is also still unsolved, but there has been reports that the police have mentioned that they are looking into wheter Tara's case might be connected to the murder of the 4 woman (prostitues),
There are also theories that the 2006 murder of the 4 woman might be connected to the Long Island Serial killer case.

So the question is: is there an active serial killer in the Atlantic City area?

Thanks for posting this Theforeigner!

The strangulation and suitcase really makes a girl start thinking about this.

So on the bright side, LE doesn't seem to have complete tunnel vision on this case. On the not so positive side, this is still South Jersey police that we are talking about. They could have solved the West AC murders in the first few days, had they just sat on the dump site and waited for the killer to return.

Looks like her body was in bad enough shape that her ashes were in a little box for the funeral service yesterday. This would mark an escalation in violence, if it is the same killer as the other 4 or 5 girls. Not a big shock, that a killer from 2006 could evolve; requiring more violence to achieve the same euphoric feeling.

Friends are certain that she wouldn't go down without a fight and they are certain she got his DNA all over her. Let's hope this was the case.

She updated her FB profile pic on the 13th and sounded suicudal in her last post.
I'm curious about the Spanish style building behind her in her cover picture.

I'm also wondering if the guy who found her didn't look closely and thought that body tattoo was bruising. Pleasantville, where she gives as her residence, is very close to the area where she was found. Her death and disposal seems unorganized, hasty and messy. IMO.

It seems like it was a matter of fighting her off, neutralizing her, and creating distance between himself and the body. Still could be the same killer. He just had to be a little more abrupt when things didn't go as according to his usual script.

All of these body dump sites are a hop, skip, and jump from each other.

I am really curious to know whether Tara Rogers-Alicia or Joyce Vanderhoff had turned to prostitution to support their habits. I also wonder if such computer literate young women might have advertised on Craigslist, Backpage, or a similar classified section?

She updated her FB profile pic on the 13th and sounded suicudal in her last post.
I'm curious about the Spanish style building behind her in her cover picture.

I'm also wondering if the guy who found her didn't look closely and thought that body tattoo was bruising. Pleasantville, where she gives as her residence, is very close to the area where she was found. Her death and disposal seems unorganized, hasty and messy. IMO.

I'm about 98% certain that the cover picture is not her. I've seen it on the internet before as peoples avatars. Doing a quick search on her I found 4 pictures of which look nothing like the cover picture.

Just a thought I had:

Joyce was murdered February 14, VALENTINES DAY.
So I wonder if the killer had some sick idea to kill a woman on this special day?

And that he dumped her at the side of the road, naked, because he wanted her found.

(By the way the person I mentioned in my previous post, he posted his facebook message to Joyce on his own birthday Feb 13.)

That's solid detective work, Theforeigner!

I for one, have never been a fan of coincidences. I'll do a little of my own research on him and see if I can get in his headspace.

He is a consumed with Jesus... In some of Joyce's pics around the rehab time, she wore an occupy Jesus t shirt. Perhaps that is the connection.

He's a weird guy but he may be connected to both girls through recovery and religious programs. Sounds like his grandad was/is a preacher.

Worth keeping an eye on, though. As he seems to fixate on murder, crime, religion, mother (6+ year old picture...is his FB cover pic) and is following one person who is a female who refers to herself as boss of all...

Also. I agree Joyce's cover pic is not her. But what an odd choice. IMO.

It's the timeless cliche of ex-con becomes fanatical Christian. He seems to pass most of his social media time posting religious quotes/memes, following crime investigations, or playing virtual crime scene.

I like where your train of thought is running, Just K.

Something I also noticed, is that both Tara Rogers-Alicea and Joyce Vanderhoff seemed to identify as either gay or bisexual. Studying both of their pages and looking at their cover pages, it's a pretty safe conclusion to jump to. Few things piss off fanatical Christian men, like unobtainable gay/bi women.

I'd be Extremely curious to see their facebook messages/emails.

Also, this religious fanatical profile matches one of the few that I drew up in my mind for the West AC Prostitute murders in 2006. Neptune is only about 75 miles from AC. (The guy likes playing virtual coin games, so why not gamble in real life?)

At Joyce Y Vanderhoff's facebook, a man with intials GA left a message : "Hey pretty" February 13 at 3:07 pm
(the afternoon before Joyce was found murdered the next morning at ca 9AM)

https://www.facebook.com/joyce.vanderhoff#!/joyce.vanderhoff

I am NOT saying this guy had anything to do with Joyce´s death however I belive he might be a person of interest, because:

This guy has 4 criminal records 1999, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
As I understand it, at least 3 of the charges are connected to Domestic violence.

I am 99.99% sure it is the right guy, I have found him in the correct town and with the correct DOB, also the
photos of him on his facebook and the mugshots is a perfect match
His full intials is GLA (middlename is Lauric, he is born Feb 1969)
He weigh 250 lbs and is 6' 2" tall.

Here are his ciminal records:

February 27th, 2010. He has been charged on multiple counts.
CONTEMPT
CRIM MISCHIEF-TAMPER

August 11th, 2007. He has allegedly been charged with one offense

1. 2007-08-11 2C:17-3A(1) CRIM MISCHIEF-DAMAGE PROPERTY C

March 21st, 2003. He has been charged on multiple counts

2003-03-21 2C:17-3A(2) CRIM MISCHIEF-TAMPER C
2003-03-21 2C:17-3A(2) CRIM MISCHIEF-TAMPER C
2003-03-21 2C:29-9B CONTEMPT - VIOLATE ORDER D

February 14th, 2000. He has been charged on multiple counts

W 20000003141507 2000-02-14 2C:29-9B CONTEMPT - VIOLATE ORDER D
W 19990023831507 2000-03-09 2C:45-3 VIOLATION OF PROBATION OR SUSPENDED SENTENCE ^

July 8th, 1999. He has allegedly been charged with a single offense.

W 19990012580000 1999-07-08 2C:29-9B CONTEMPT - VIOLATE ORDER D

Several things jump out at me...
His age: he is now 45.
So, in 1999 he would have been 30.

The dates of those arrests...
Reminds me of the dates/years of high profile murders

2003 Jessica Taylor was found naked and dismembered dumped in a pile of trash(LI)
2007 Maureen Brainard Barnes was murdered... She also has that connection to Mays Landing.

2010 Megan Waterman & Amber Costello murdered and dumped by the side of the road (LI)
And Shannan Gilbert of Trenton/Newark NJ disappeared and was later found dead on the side of the road.

His criminal history was active during the same time period as AC4, too.

Definitely food for thought.

Good work as usual TF

What county did those records come from? I can't find anything on him from Atlantic county but I did find a few charges in Monmouth co. one including an arson charge, if its the same person.

https://www.facebook.com/tara.rogersalicea

Tara Rogers-Alicea was reported missing on Oct. 22, 2013. The final two facebook posts "she made" were after her missing date, eerie, and against type for her usual posts.

Both were linked to an about me account.

Oct 23- A link to a story about a man found dead in a cemetary. (It's also kind of creepy that it cuts off "man" on my cellphone, to read, "Found dead in a cemetary," via About Me.

About me..... found dead in a cemetary....

Of little or no significance, but creepy in light of the murder.

Oct. 28- A meme of Jigsaw from the Saw movies reading, "Wanna play a game?"

It wouldn't shock me if those weren't HER updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back