678 users online (73 members and 605 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Joshua 'Josh' Plagman, 23, Kansas City, 17 Nov 2013

Wanted to post yesterday; but didn't have time.

JOSHUA "JOSH" PLAGMAN - LAST SEEN NOVEMBER 2013

* Joshua Plagman - 23 years old - approx. 5'5-5'6 and 125-130lbs
    * Red hair, possible facial hair, freckles, green eyes, possibly glasses
    * Fallen logo tattoo on upper arm, loves to skateboard
    * Has both ears and tongue pierced
    * Has no driver's license, takes the bus, walks or skateboards
    * Has multiple disorders, stopped taking medication
    * Last lived off 47th/Emanuel Cleaver Blvd, across from Winstead's off
    the Plaza and possibly moved to NKC/Gladstone area in December

Contact Detective Shawn - Missing Persons Unit
    Kansas City; Missouri
    Police Department 816-234-5239 or 911
    LEA Case Report #14-01054

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm friends with someone that knows his mom. I found his FB profile yesterday; his profile pic was changed Dec 6th. The last post (that I can see) Nov 17th about his GF

He says he was a Bartender at The Firehouse on 20th Bar & Grill.. Apparently he was living upstairs; not working there. His mom contacted The Firehouse Bar & Grill December 11th; they said they had not seen him in about a month. There was a death in the family; they were in the process of moving. Life got busy. I'm not sure of the date; but his mom started contacting his GF; friends; no one has seen him. Yesterday she decided to post on FB that she thinks he is missing; then went to the police station to make a report.

Multiple disorders including mental health issues? Plus the fact that he was very thin and gaunt at the time he was last seen and having a lot going on in his life... I hope this is not another suicide of a young man, I'm so sad to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    Multiple disorders including mental health issues? Plus the fact that he was very thin and gaunt at the time he was last seen and having a lot going on in his life... I hope this is not another suicide of a young man, I'm so sad to say this.
    His profile picture, changed December 6, is for Self Harm Awareness Day. I did a reverse image search as I didn't recognize the ribbon's significance.

Quote Originally Posted by jacy View Post
    His profile picture, changed December 6, is for Self Harm Awareness Day. I did a reverse image search as I didn't recognize the ribbon's significance.
    Thank you! I have not had a chance to look it up yet

Help Find Our Son > Josh Plagman 16 hours ago

Update as of 2/19/14 - We have had no luck. No calls came and we still cannot get the police to verify the one lead we did have as to whether or not it's in fact our son. We are still researching, talking to legal consultants, making phone calls and whatever else we have to do to find our son and ensure he is safe. Unfortunately, the phrase used when talking to the police is "he's an adult, despite his mental illness and has the right to be missing". As my very dear friend, encourager, supporter and the one who has been by my side, in addition to my husband, and my ex-husband, as she would say REALLY!!??!! That was special for you Judy . . . lol. I'm tired, frustrated, sick of brick walls and don't think what we are asking is out of the box or out of line. I will make updates as we know more. If anyone knows an attorney who would want to work with us "pro bono", that would be great. We're trying to find out what we can and can't do based on the law, based on Josh's disorders, etc. I want to scream so loud they hear me in some far away place - not one particular one comes to mind. Please continue to share the flyer and spread the word. Maybe we'll get lucky, someone will feel sorry for us and we'll somehow get answers, I don't know but we'll see. Thank you to everyone who has shared the flyer, liked the page and continually provides encouragement and support. We truly appreciate it and I think I can speak for my ex as well when I say that too

My heart breaks for his family with so many brick walls...

Help Find Our Son > Josh Plagman 6 hours ago Still exhausted but still fighting. No real update yet but we'll see what Monday brings. We have had a confirmed "sighting" by someone who saw his flyer on the bulletin board of the Red Cross, thanks to my friend Netta for posting it. No word, no calls, no information, no help. Emotions are all over the place, frustration and exhaustion have made me sick to my stomach and had to lay down earlier Friday night . . . now wide awake and hoping to get sleepy soon. So many things going through my head based on what we know and a few other things and just confused right now. I will, however, not give up and will get answers from someone, somehow, sometime. My biggest frustration still is with the lack of police help. The original detective, I believe, would have gone to verify and confirm Josh is where we think he might be. The fact the second detective closed the case still has be ticked off. Thank you my husband, my "nephew", Josh's dad, and a many others for their time and efforts put in this far. My biggest thanks to my dear friend Judy, for being there for me, going to the police station with me to file the report and continuing to support me while she still goes through her never ending battle. More updates to come. This was mainly just a poor poor me post.

Someone with the ability to post on the FB page, please tell the mom that hiring a PI would be better than a lawyer. I'm sure it would be expensive, but sometimes a good PI will offer to help the family of missing loved ones, pro bono, because they care, and in this case, with his possible mental problems, they might just take the case because he has special needs.

And I'm sorry, but a detective with the PD does not have the authority to close the case. That decision would be up to his captain/supervisor. Detectives are assigned cases, they don't get to pick and choose, and they don't decide when it's time to close them as long as the person remains missing. They may have stopped looking, at least physically, but I would bet the case is still open.

What is the "one lead" that you are trying to confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    What is the "one lead" that you are trying to confirm?
    She has not said yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Someone with the ability to post on the FB page, please tell the mom that hiring a PI would be better than a lawyer. I'm sure it would be expensive, but sometimes a good PI will offer to help the family of missing loved ones, pro bono, because they care, and in this case, with his possible mental problems, they might just take the case because he has special needs.

And I'm sorry, but a detective with the PD does not have the authority to close the case. That decision would be up to his captain/supervisor. Detectives are assigned cases, they don't get to pick and choose, and they don't decide when it's time to close them as long as the person remains missing. They may have stopped looking, at least physically, but I would bet the case is still open.
    Thank you; will let her know.

She posted on the page asking for a PI

Help Find Our Son > Josh Plagman - 11 hours ago Please share on your page, other pages, on pages for KC area businesses. Since the police won't help, contact us or if there is a PI willing to work pro bono, we could use the help. Our son has mental illnesses, reads and comprehends at a mid-grade school level. We need to find him, talk to him and make sure he's safe. Thank you.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post Josh's moms newest update....

I have been so busy the last few days; I caught a FB news story that someone was arrest for Holly Bobo's abduction; this morning was the 1st chance I've had to follow up on it. The 1st news story I saw today really affected me. I have not been actively following her WS post but have been reading articles I see online; this one really ripped my heart out. Holly Bobo's community stunned by murder charge in case My prayers are with Holly's family, friends & loved ones. I hope they're able to find her to lay her to rest

Help Find Our Son > Josh Plagman posted 14 hours ago

The call finally came from the KCPD, though it is not the information we were hoping to hear. We had requested eyes on contact to ensure the lead we had was in fact Josh and that he was safe. Regardless of the fact Josh has mental illness and does not operate at an adult level, by law he still has the "right to go missing" as an adult.

We know through two other sources that Josh is still in the area, is safe, which is one of the most important things, and that he is getting help. When he feels better about himself, his situation, and he's ready to come back to his family and friends we are here with open arms. We've never given up on him and don't intend to now. We understand he is in a program that is helping him find a place to live, a job and get back on his feet and hopefully back on his meds which will hopefully help him get and keep a job and move forward.

Though Josh is safe and we have marked the cover photo as such, this page will continue to stay open. The focus now will turn to be dedicated to helping find others who are missing. We hope many of you will remain with us as we transition the page.

We want to thank all of our family, friends and all others who have shared and posted our son's flyer all over social media (Facebook and Twitter), who have supported our page, our efforts, us personally, etc., and for any continued support of the page and our efforts going forward. We would also like to ask for continued prayers for Josh as he tries to find himself and get back on track and on his feet.

If Josh sees this, we want him to know that we all love him, care about him and want only the best for him. We hope one day he will come back to his family and friends that love him.