GUILTY NJ - William 'Billy' McCaw, 22, beaten to death, New Brunswick, 15 Feb 2014

This story hits way too close to home. I have family members who go to Rutgers University & live only a few blocks away from where Billy was found. They also knew him.

If anyone has any questions regarding the area, etc, feel free to ask as i'm very familiar with the town.

Prayers for Billy's family & friends.:please:

I think you might want to check your information. The boy charged with "marijuana possession" is from Brielle, Billy was from Hillsborough. Further, whomever it was was likely expelled if there was an intent to distribute.

That aside, it was a tragedy and one that strikes too close to home. I have a son nearly the same age and he recently graduated from Rutgers. I feel for his parents, family and friends and wonder what is wrong with people on all levels. I wonder what leads a person to beat someone to death, let alone post things that are in ill taste about a young man who is dead. All the way around, I can't make sense of people.

This story hits way too close to home. I have family members who go to Rutgers University & live only a few blocks away from where Billy was found. They also knew him.

If anyone has any questions regarding the area, etc, feel free to ask as i'm very familiar with the town.

Prayers for Billy's family & friends.:please:

This story hits way to close to home for me, as well. My son graduated from Rutgers last May and often returns to Rutgers to visit his frat friends, like Billy. And, like Billy, my son was at Rutgers last week visiting friends. My son knew Billy and is good friends with many of Billy's good friends, one of which had to identify the body. My son and many others attended the services last night and, when he told me he would be staying in New Brunswick afterward, I need not tell you I was not happy.

When my son told me of the death last Sunday, he told me of a number of encounters that he had with people at Rutgers who attempted to either jump or fight him; like 2-6 on 1 sort of scenario. Naturally, my heart sunk and I was grateful that he was able to talk his way out of these situations, but it makes me sick to my stomach and I have been troubled by the news all week as a result. I picture this poor young man ganged up upon with no way out and the last minutes of his life to have suffer the sort of hatred from someone who could do something like this. I gotta wonder what is wrong with people! My heart hurts for Billy's family who I can only imagine will have to try to find some way to make sense and peace with this tragic loss of life. It is just senseless and disturbing tragedy.

Timothy Puskas has quite the history.. From what I heard, apparently he is a landlord in the area. Most landlords in New Brunswick rent off campus housing to students.

Timothy Puskas has quite the history.. From what I heard, apparently he is a landlord in the area. Most landlords in New Brunswick rent off campus housing to students.

You are correct, he is facing trial for the hit and run death of a cyclist. In Jan 2012:

Puskas was behind the wheel of his black 1998 Toyota 4Runner when he crossed into oncoming traffic striking a bicyclist Leonel Hernandez, a 26-year-old father-of-two.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...i-student-campus-house-too.html#ixzz2xBpqUIfl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Still no verdict in Puskas murder trial

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2017/01/13/jury-still-deliberating-puskas-murder-trial/96497018/

Jurors went home for the three-day weekend Friday without reaching a verdict in the Timothy Puskas murder trial.

Around 4 p.m., Middlesex County Superior Court Judge Dennis Nieves received a note indicating that the jurors were "stressed" by their deliberations and asked to go home for the weekend. The jurors have spent five days deliberating.

Deliberations will resume on Tuesday.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...udent_to.html#incart_most-read_hudson_article

The man accused of beating a New Jersey college student with a crowbar and leaving him for dead two years ago was found guilty Tuesday of all charges after a month-long trial.

Just after 10 a.m. in Middlesex County Superior Court, the jury found Timothy Puskas, 40, guilty of murder, weapons offenses and hindering in the death of William "Billy" McCaw...

Puskas faces 30 years in prison. His sentencing has not been set.

New Brunswick man gets 40 years for killing former Rutgers student

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2017/03/20/breaking-new-brunswick-man-gets-40-years-killing-former-rutgers-student/99220356/

Timothy Puskas showed no emotion Monday as he was sentenced to 40 years in state prison for the February 2014 murder of former Rutgers student William "Billy" McCaw.

Puskas must serve 85 percent of the term before becoming eligible for parole. He also was sentenced by Middlesex County Superior Court Judge Dennis Nieves to five years on a hindering charge that will run concurrent to the 40-year term. The 40-year term will run consecutive to the seven-year state prison term Puskas has been serving for the vehicular homicide of a New Brunswick man.

Bob McCaw, Billy's father, who along with a large group of Billy's friends and family members had asked Nieves to sentence Puskas to life without the possibility of parole, said he was not dissatisfied with the 40-year sentence. Assistant Prosecutor Bina Desai also had asked for a life sentence.

Following an emotional, tear-filled two-hour sentencing, Bob McCaw said the family will continue to move forward in Billy's name and carry on the things they have been doing.

He mentioned his family had reached out to the family of Leonel Lopez Hernandez, who was fatally struck by Puskas while riding his bicycle in New Brunswick in 2012. He said his family used funds from the Billy McCaw fund to take the Hernandez family out to dinner and buy his children Christmas gifts. He said the family will carry on Billy's legacy of love and kindness.

Life After the Murder Trial: Honoring the Legacy of Billy McCaw

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/new-brunswick/articles/life-after-the-murder-trial-honoring-the-legacy

They call him Billy the Kid.

They play soccer because it’s his sport. They wear No. 9 because it’s his number. They smile and laugh, even as they compete hard as ever, because it’s his style.

But most of all, they miss him.

He—Billy the Kid—was Billy McCaw. The former Rutgers student left what many consider an irremovable mark on New Brunswick, the university community and those he met. And a couple hundred people had come to Busch Campus on a sunny day last month to honor the young man through Pi Kappa Phi’s fourth annual Billy McCaw Futsal Cup, a 16-team soccer tournament meant to carry forth his name and raise money for his favorite charity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back